Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
Today 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 6689
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6445
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14080
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 152
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424660
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3676
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 347
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 243
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 370
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1225193
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119241
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 314
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6836
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 462
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309921
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62035
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 679
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20340
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169500
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6425

Need bios mod to have ACHI for Vostro 230
#1
Hello, my Vostro 230 doesn't have ACHI. I would be VERY appreciative for a bios mod that allows me the ACHI option. I am a newbie. Here is what I know of the system. AMI bios vO2.63 Bios: Dell brand: version 1.4.0 chipset is Intel G41 Southbridge: Intel: 82801GB (ICH7/R) Processor: Interl Core 2 Duo E7500 Wolfdale Socket 775 LGA

I want to install OCZ Vertex 2 SSD and postings strongly recommend using ACHI setting for best performance.

I will need instruction as to how to apply the mod on my computer as this is new terrirory to me.

THANKS VERY MUCH!
find
quote
#2
Please provide a link to the BIOS download, you can find this on the manufacturers website.

Thanks.

find
quote
#3
Here is the link to the BIOS download:

http://support.dell.com/support/download...sent=False
find
quote
#4
HELP PLEASE!

Can anyone help with this bios mod? I know there are some of you geniuses out there! This is so far out of my field of expertise that I am a bit helpless. So thanking you ahead. Angel:
find
quote
#5
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45117524/bios-mo...miloml.exe

I replaced the useless first menu with the entire SATA Configuration menu.

Hope this works fine for what you want Wink

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#6
Thanks so much, Camilo! I was giving up hope that I would get help on this. Very much appreciated.
Any chance you could help me with one more step? How do I use the executable file that I downloaded from you to make the bios change? Do I execute it from DOS, or from Windows? Any step by step instruction would be really appreiciated as I have never done it before. Alternatively, you could point to me any other links that would have the instruction. THANKS AGAIN!

Yujin
find
quote
#7
just execute it from windows and go ahead

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#8
This isn't a biggie, but if more aggressive memory timings could be added as well to that modded bios above versus the default it uses. I have some decent memory that I cant use that the CAS timings because the Dell defaults to a higher setting.
find
quote
#9
Hello Camilo, I had to travel overseas before I could install your bios mod. I came back recently and got caught up and tried to install it and got the following error message. "The Command line /DellID must be specified and not zero"

Any further help you can provide? I know it's six months since you made the mod! I am most grateful. Any help would me most appreciated! Thank you.
find
quote
#10
(11-17-2011, 03:29 PM)camiloml Wrote: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45117524/bios-mo...miloml.exe

The dropbox link is broken.
Would very much appreciate a repost.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)