Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 90
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424376
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3608
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 270
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 195
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 298
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224365
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119161
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 270
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6777
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 396
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309675
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61955
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 614
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20268
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169249
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6333
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 817
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5784
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61186

Need to Edit Pheonix ROM file
#1
Here's the story.

Years ago I got together with a bunch of friends and started a business.
Way back then, we had 98SE on all our desktops. The system was
highly customized with our logos and several apps created by our
official programming genius!

I kept a copy of this system on an old Gateway in my home office.
When I couldn't stand looking at this 500 pound monster anymore,
I created a script that backed up the system while stripping out all
the drivers that weren't created by Microsoft.

I purchased a refurbished IBM ThinkPad from someone I've known for
20 years. He sells and repairs computers.

The backup was transferred to the ThinkPad. After installing the new
drivers and updating the bios and embedded controller everything looked
very good!

Here comes the problem. Under "Display" in the bios setup you can select
LCD, CRT, or Both. You also have the option of using the internal AGP
card or a docked PCI graphics card.

If you press Fn + F7 you can toggle the LCD. For whatever reason, this
is happening spontaneously. In other words, the monitor toggles
randomly.

I used UniFlash_v1.40 to create a ROM image file of this Pheonix bios.
I've got Phoenix Bios Editor Pro. With many years of scripting experience
under my belt, I thought I could edit the ROM file.

I want to disable (delete?) the display options "CRT" and "Both." The
same goes for the external PCI graphics card. The entire purpose of this
ThinkPad is to preserve a customized version of 98SE that we used to
start our company. I'll never use a docked card or an external monitor
with this laptop.

If I make the slightest error editing this rom file I'll blowout the bios.
I need someone who is very comfortable using the Phoenix Editor.
I'm not!

I'd like to upload the rom file to one of you guys. After it's "fixed" I'll
use an app like Pheonix Winphlash to flash the bios again with the
modded rom file. UniFlash also has a command [-E fname] that
will flash your bios with a rom file.

An experienced "modder" could probably edit these three settings out of
the bios in a few minutes. If there is a fee involved, please, let me know
the cost!

I apologize for this lengthy post. I couldn't think of another way to explain
the history that lead up to this problem.

Thank you forum members!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)