Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14001
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424470
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3622
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 286
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 206
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 308
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224555
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119174
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 274
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6790
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 409
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309730
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61966
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 625
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20280
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169331
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6353
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 828
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5799

QX9300 CPU support HP DV5
#1
Hello,

I am a proud owner of HP Pavilion dv5-1060ew. The CPU I currently have is Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 2.26GHz. I'd like to upgrade it and I was told that the best CPU I can put in my PC is Intel Core 2 Duo T9600 2.8GHz. I'd like to know if there is a possibility to put even better CPU to my PC's P-type socket. I was wondering about Quad CPU or even Extreme ones - 4 cores are better that 2, especially when I want to do a little game streaming over the Internet.
I need a way to put the best CPU avaible in my P-socket, with high frequency and all this stuff. 4 cores would be nice. I heard that there's something needed to be done with BIOS to allow 4 core CPU work in my PC.
find
quote
#2
Hi,
sorry for my bad english. I bought the cpu in subject but it doesn't work on my laptop. Is there anything to do about bios?

Motherboard: Quanta 3603 02.26
Chipset: Intel PM45 07
Bios: HP F21 20/08/2009

Now I have a T9900 upgraded from a T9400 without any problem.

Thank you for your consideration

bios http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-75233-1&cc=it&dlc=it&lc=it&os=4063&product=3770531&sw_lang=


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#3
at the end there was no need to change bios!! after I try to boot many times, notebook starts... but every time I have to try boot too many times... what's the matter??
find
quote
#4
Hallo guys,

I`m new and need help.

HP Pavilion dv5 notebook
Mainboard: Quanta 3603
BIOS: HP F.21 08/20/2009
Prozessor: Intel T9400

First i don`t know which BIOS platform i have got. So i tryed all tools i could think of but all say "BIOS TYP: ????".

I like to use a Intel Core2 quad QX9300 in my notebook but it dosn`t support this CPU.

Can anyone tell me which BIOS i have got and if there is a possibility to use this CPU.

If it is nassesary i can have a look on my mainboard as far i know the BIOS should be somewhere close to the chipset, isn`d it?

(I`m from germany so there are may be some words with a wrong spelling please excuse this)

Thanks for your time and afford to create and support this webpage.
find
quote
#5
A few motherboards with Socket P can boot quad cores CPUs. It's hardware incompatibility.
But you can try the motherboard's mod for quad core CPU supporting.
find
quote
#6
Thanks for the quick reply.
Im still not sure which mainboard they are talking about.
Does it matters which bios i have got or not?
find
quote
#7
It's not BIOS problem.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)