Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6371
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14012
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 112
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424504
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3627
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 296
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 214
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 316
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224643
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119179
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6794
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 419
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309753
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61975
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 631
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20287
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169387
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6360
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 834

[Question(s) & (Possible) Request] HP Envy m6-n010dx BIOS Whitelist Removal
#1
Hello, I am new here but I have a couple of questions regarding BIOS modification and also request a whitelist removal if what I am experiencing is the result of a BIOS whitelisting. I hope I'm doing everything correctly.


The laptop in question
Specifications: HP Envy m6-n010-dx


The current BIOS that I am using
F.24-Rev A


Operating System
Windows 10 Professional

Original Wi-Fi/BT Combo Card
Qualcomm Atheros QCA9565 1x1 b/g/n + BT 4.0

New Card that I want to use
Intel 7260 ac Dual Band + BT 4.0

The story:

When I installed the card, I didn't get the usual 104 error that some people have gotten which would instantly tell anyone that a whitelist in effect, but for me, the Intel card booted to Windows. Updating to the newest driver 20.0.2 for WiFi took forever to install, but it finally did - however, when restarting the laptop, it always defaults to being disabled. Even if you enable it, it can never find any access points. 

If I use the default Microsoft Wi-Fi drivers, it will sporadically show access points for about 1-2 seconds, and then no longer show any active access points.  The only thing that works somewhat consistently is the Bluetooth aspect as my BT mouse works until I decide to close the lid and it goes to sleep. After that, both the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth no longer work and it shows a disabled status in the adapter list. I have to either turn the WiFi on and off 

Is this another aspect of a BIOS whitelist symptom?

I also looked into unzipping the BIOS (F.24.exe) and when I unpacked it, I saw a folder labeled "CrisisFolder" and within it, I see files called
- CryptRSA.efi
- CryptRSA32.efi

I tried to use Andy's BIOS tool to look at the BIOSes in question (or at least what I thought was the BIOSes in question as there are only two with the '.bin' extension (which I have always known are BIOS files), but the tool (phoenixtool.exe) when opening the two bin files tell me those are not "Phoenix/Dell/InsydeEFI bios" so, I'm left to assume that I am doing something wrong.

Reading some of the stickies that Camiloml states regarding RSA BIOSes, I want to ensure that I'm "doing my homework" and not wasting anyone's time with this request if I am incorrect/need to do more/pay more attention to detail regarding a step.

I also looked in the BIOS repository, and I didn't see anything that matched any of my sp package numbers...or I really need new glasses (Well, actually...I think I do need bifocals ^_^;;Wink, or stop using my HDTV as my monitor.

I hope I did everything correctly in this request, and hopefully my questions are not galactically stupid. I'm actually a little fascinated on how this all works.






find
quote
#2
I also tried to tape up pins 20 and 51 to see if that changed anything (as some other forums and here have stated that this might work) 

While it did prevent automatic disabled status when Windows boots up, I still have the issue where it cannot find any Wi-Fi networks. Drivers take forever to install or sometimes just leaves the system in constantly running state in which I have to force shutdown via power button.

I did try and go again at this at my own using some of the instructions regarding "general whitelist removal" Insyde BIOS modification and went a different route with extracting the BIOS files...I took the SP pack and had it unpacked to my thumb drive, and Andy's BIOS tools did work on the two BIOS files (as far it now recognizes them - before, it didn't), but not with the EZH2O as it looks for the '.fd' extension which none of the unpacked files have.

So, i'm I pretty confused here on how to go forward. I guess I'm out of questions so I'm humbly asking for a formal request to remove the whitelist on the BIOS F.24 that I am using on my HP Envy m6-n010dx (if possible).

Thank you.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)