Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6365
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14010
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 111
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424498
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3626
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 294
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 212
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 315
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224622
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119178
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6793
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 418
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309747
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61974
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 630
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20286
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169379
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6357
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 833

[REQ] Acer Extensa 5420
#1
This system appears to use "New Phoenix" (according to Phoenix Mod Tool). Opening it in Phoenix Bios Editor complains about some missing or unsupported tables. I am looking for a way to toggle (or even outright disable) SATA IDE Emulation mode. As it stands it seems locked into IDE Emulation, despite the SB600 chipset supporting AHCI.

The bios can be found here:
ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/notebook/ex...5420/bios/

I am currently running v1.17 but willing to downgrade to get SATA Mode option. Unfortunately I did not see a SATA mode in the Setup Table in Phoenix Editor, so I am not sure if it is possible.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I found the registers required to set AHCI mode. Linux does this in a kernel hack. However I need it for Windows, so I would like to somehow apply it to the BIOS. Phoenix Editor is not an option because Acer provides a wph, and rom, and will not flash the .rom, complaining about verification. Phoenix won't open the WPH complaining about length. I can use Phoenix Mod Tool to modify the WPH though (SLIC mod was successful). If anyone knows how I could modify the BIOS to set these registers (can DSDT do it?) I would be grateful.

SB600 Doc:
http://mirror74.ddns.school-adm.ru/Info/..._3.02b.pdf

Linux Patch:
https://lkml.org/lkml/2006/11/23/50

Registers (from linux patch, matches SB600 doc):
pci_write_config_byte(pdev, 0x40, tmp|1);
pci_write_config_byte(pdev, 0x9, 1);
pci_write_config_byte(pdev, 0xa, 6);
pci_write_config_byte(pdev, 0x40, tmp);
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)