Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14006
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424480
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3623
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 288
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 209
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 309
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224570
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119176
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 275
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6791
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 411
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309737
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61967
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20281
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169342
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6354
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 829
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5800

[REQ] HP tx2500z CTO - Unlock/Whitelist
#1
Have myself an HP tx2500z CTO notebook that I really quite like but I have a few issues. One is not being able to access any advanced features of the hybrid notebook because of the BIOS lockdown, two is the inability to use my new 802.11AC adapter card due to the annoying whitelist, and lastly, three is the fact that when unplugged, no matter what OS/Driver/ectect, the CPU is limited to 50% max frequency (in my case, 1.2Ghz of 2.4Ghz), I have googled this quite a bit an the only solution is to hack the BIOS, sadly, my attempt at doing it myself, or finding one previously done, have FAILED.

SO, a request has been made Big Grin

--- F.0F
--- I cant seem to either find, or take screenshots of my own (no camera, only phone, shots horrible)
--- I read and ran that tool from the RSA thread, and the first line is that its an EFI/Insyde BIOS, then that its Finished extracting, according to the thread, that means its not RSA signed (w00t!)


I think thats all I need for a request, if I happen to be missing something please let me know (besides the SS, I will try and get them ASAP) THANKS!



*NOTE: I spent a good 3 days doing searching first, and attempting it myself, but when it comes down to it, I just have no idea what Im doing when it comes to a BIOS and would rather not superbrick my own unit... When it comes to searching first, I did find the BIOS I am requesting listed elsewhere, but the handfuls of links I tried (literally, searched with FIND through over 400 pages, thank you AutoPager!) where either dead, or where for the Whitelist only!
find
quote
#2
Ok, havent found anything...

$20 is up on the table, but would have to be done by next friday...
find
quote
#3
Lol I love the requests that offer money Big Grin

I'll take a look at it in the next couple of days.
find
quote
#4
(08-14-2013, 10:59 PM)donovan6000 Wrote: Lol I love the requests that offer money Big Grin

I'll take a look at it in the next couple of days.

Well the fact that it takes a cash offer is sad in the first place :/ (even to get a reply, not even it being done, but a random reply even would suffice)...

It seems like BIOS-Mods.com is a Pay2Win place now with so little unlocking being done...

That being said, its been over a month, I just got my 802.11AC/BT4.0 card in and cant use it, so whats $20 for someone to make the magic happen!



(1 month here, almost 3 months on the other BIOS mod site...)
find
quote
#5
(08-14-2013, 11:30 PM)Hammerfest Wrote: Well the fact that it takes a cash offer is sad in the first place :/ (even to get a reply, not even it being done, but a random reply even would suffice)...

It seems like BIOS-Mods.com is a Pay2Win place now with so little unlocking being done...

Completely agree with you. Unfortunately camiloml leaving the bios community left a void here that still hasn't been completely filled. I seem to be the only person who answers requests in the Insyde Unlocking Requests Section, but I rarely mod other's bios for free Undecided

After discovering how to mod bios myself, I created a series of tutorials on my blog to try to get others involved. I was hoping that more people would start modding their own instead of just posting requests. It hasn't seemed to have this affect since no one wants to take the time to learn how to reverse engineer software Sad

Well I finally got some free time before work today to look at your bios. There's was no obvious way that it was hiding the hidden tabs, so I just replaced the Diagnostics tab with the Advanced one. I hope you don't mind. Also removed the whitelist.

Here you go. Just run the InsydeFlash version that corresponds to your computer's architecture.

I feel like I should always say this. There is always some risk involved when modding bios. It's entirely your choice if your want to proceed with this. Please be aware that this could potentially cause permanent hardware failure/damage. This is a worst case scenario though.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)