Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo B490 (H1ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: sardax
Yesterday 10:03 PM
» Replies: 101
» Views: 31740
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire E1-571(G) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 04:44 PM
» Replies: 127
» Views: 57935
Acer Predator Helios 300 N17C1 G3-572-79...
Last Post: chadreuel
Yesterday 11:39 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 98
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN515-56 BIOS Unl...
Yesterday 07:25 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 888
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
Yesterday 03:52 AM
» Replies: 1972
» Views: 661781
[Request] Acer Aspire Z1620 (h61h aio v1...
Last Post: spingernexx
04-24-2024 06:09 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 166
[REQUEST] Lenovo G505 (82CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: khaos
04-24-2024 04:15 PM
» Replies: 155
» Views: 55252
Asus Prime b250m plus, RAM compatibility
Last Post: Slayery777
04-24-2024 06:23 AM
» Views: 152
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Request Clevo W230...
Last Post: happycrazyman
04-23-2024 03:53 PM
» Views: 131
Rog Strix B650E-F BIOS File Extraction
Last Post: panmetrix24
04-23-2024 11:25 AM
» Views: 149
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Pipo89
04-23-2024 06:47 AM
» Replies: 236
» Views: 69720
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN517-41 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: onetapxdf
04-23-2024 03:37 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 1371
[REQUEST] Lenovo G400S (7BCNxxWW) Whitel...
04-23-2024 03:14 AM
» Replies: 203
» Views: 70669
[REQUEST] Lenovo V570(c) (44CNxxWW) BIOS...
Last Post: d3m3n7r
04-22-2024 05:20 PM
» Replies: 18
» Views: 11191
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y520-15IKBN (4KCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: ati90
04-22-2024 05:02 AM
» Replies: 64
» Views: 37048
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: SteamTug
04-22-2024 04:24 AM
» Replies: 1731
» Views: 545898
[REQUEST] Lenovo G410 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
04-22-2024 03:58 AM
» Replies: 53
» Views: 10846
Asus h110m-a & xeon e3-1280v5
Last Post: Brutoloco
04-21-2024 08:22 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 586
[REQUEST] LG GRAM 14T990 Unlock request
Last Post: riclausk
04-21-2024 12:15 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 4279
[REQUEST] SLIC 2.1 for ASRock 880GM-LE F...
Last Post: amijim
04-21-2024 10:27 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 142

[REQUEST] ASUS FX506LU full unlock
I think ill go and read up on those binary and hex values again... Smile
Thanks again !
find
(09-16-2021, 02:57 AM)metalal Wrote: Hi there Steve and the rest of the Team !
Again thanks very much for all the help and your time and support.

I have followed the steps and i have come across the -
WARNING-UNABLE TO DETECT ME DISABLED
Do you wish to proceed with the flash write operation ? (Y/N) :

I have selected N - as i wasn't sure...
Really sorry it takes sooo long and it literally is a step a day operation but even tho i would love to take risks and go via trial and error way I actually do know that this is not possible this time...One mistake and i will have a relly expensive (for me anyways...) paper weight from bricked laptop Smile

PS-Sorry i almost forgot- i cant find the 0x6DD value in RU.efi.
i will show you what i have exactly Smile
This is gonna take some time ......

0000 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 0A 0B 0C 0D 0E 0F
00A0
00B0
00C0
00D0
00E0
00F0

So now looking at me ingenius RU.efi reference table above ( LOL !!! Smile ) You can see that when you travel across the table with values i can either go to 0060 (vertical) 0D (horizontal ) value or i can do 06 ( horizontal ) 00D0 Vertical.And i can do 00D0 x 0D but there is no 6 in there .....

But i do not have the 0x6DD value. So this is apparently the other value that i need to change and so far i am unable to .

Hello Al,

Gotta leave for the bus in 60 seconds, but I think the command to go down a page in RU.EFI is Ctrl+PgDown (Control + Page Down). In PchSetup, you should be able to get to 0x6DD by doing that.

Once both 0x17 and 0x6DD are set to "00", then maybe the error will go away!

Best of luck!

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
Hi Steve.
Thanks for this buddy i had no idea about the other pages dude....
But now to make it even more complicated i have discovered that you can also travel not only ctrl+down or up but also ctrl+left and right !!!!So there are now two pages with different values that i can actually access and both have 06DD position. Altho one was already set to 00 and another was set to 41. so went ahead and changed the 41 value to 00 and saved.
after restart i tried the flash and got exactly the same WARNING message.
UNABLE TO DETECT ME DISABLED.
DO YOU WISH TO PROCEED WITH THE FLASH WRITE OPERATION ?
so again i have selected - NO....

NOW ! Do you thimk i should go back to RU.efi and change those values back to the original ones? or am i safe keeping the changed values ?
i just don't want to mess up my comp tahts what i am worried about .
Thanks brother and take care. Ill stay online for another 4-5 hours .
find
Ok metalal , two things while you will wait Steven reply, you have to stay into PchSetup Page like into the screenshot
below, if you don't see PchSetp into Nme: section then you are into wrong place ... second to reset all NVRAM settings
you can use Load Default CMOS option into Bios Menu, it's the same or replace the original value into that place
(variable) as may be you changed something that can brick the pc, but it occours quickly, so if you rebooted and
all is ok , don't worry.

Here is again the match to follow ...

P.S. you're right about discord or skype , but teamviewer too i could say ...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
BDMaster you are a legend as well man .
And thanks for the screenshot yes i did get to those values and it was already set to 00.
and i did get the warning message AGAIN so i am guessing there must be a safety feature there somewhere that we have missed .I will investigate now and double check if i am on the right page.
Smile
Respect !
Ill let youguys know how it goes.
find
Right!
Only because i have massive hairy Co Ho Nes (or i am a totall idi ota ! LOL ) (mixture of both i guss... LOL ) i have decided to go ahead and this time select Y upon the warning message.
NOW!
When i was having the twithchy bum bum moment waiting for my laptop to explode or go BRICK i have actually received a message saying that i am an idi ot and i should rethink my moves....
OK !
I got -
WARNING:UNABLE TO DETECT ME DISABLED
DO YOU WANT TO PROCEED WITH THE FLASH WRITE OPERATION ? (Y/N)
this time i have selected Y and i have pressed ENTER.
Then i got ----
GbE region does not exist

And now ALL IN RED COLOUR!!

ERROR 238: The host CPU does not have write access to the target flash area.
To enable write access for this operation you must modify the DESCRIPTOR settings to give host access to this region.
FPT OPERATION FAILED.

HOW about that boys?

Smile

Hopefully this will give you BIG BRAINS something important!

PS-How do i bring my bios to its
default settings?
I think i have messed up so many values there that i think we should bring it back to the factory settings and start FRESH!
Anyone agree?
Take care guys !!!
find
[quote pid="184946" dateline="1631810568"]
Thanks BDMaster. I have just done what you said. I went into BIOS and loaded upo the DEFAULT SETTINGS. 
I do not know if this will override the RU.EFI settings that i have changed myself but i hope it did.
I don't mind starting whole process again as now i know more how to navigate there and all so lets hope my BIOS was brought back to factory settings and my comp is all safe. 
Respect guys. 
[/quote]
find
So metalal, i said here :

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...#pid184893

P.S. it seems that your variables are set to 0x00 by default, so your lock is into code , may be FLOCKDN (to check it use "python chipsec_main.py -m bios.backup.bin")

If do you want to try , you can use the Python script chipsec_main.py to analyze the eeprom Protection :

https://github.com/chipsec/chipsec

https://www.basicinputoutput.com/2016/05...ipsec.html

Regards

P.S. the solution ... SPI Programmer (Ch341a) + Pomona clip Wink

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
(09-16-2021, 12:53 PM)metalal Wrote: [quote pid="184946" dateline="1631810568"]
Thanks BDMaster. I have just done what you said. I went into BIOS and loaded upo the DEFAULT SETTINGS. 
I do not know if this will override the RU.EFI settings that i have changed myself but i hope it did.
I don't mind starting whole process again as now i know more how to navigate there and all so lets hope my BIOS was brought back to factory settings and my comp is all safe. 
Respect guys. 
[/quote]

Yeah, I would go ahead and figure out if FLOCKDN is in your BIOS preventing us from flashing. If it is, then we will have to use the CH341A SPI Programmer (with Pomona clip recommended because sometimes the cheap included clip doesn't work). If not, then we may be able to mod this without extra hardware.

The descriptor region being locked is a very useful error message. One of the functions of the Descriptor (Flash Descriptor/FD) region is to define which parts of the BIOS chip we are allowed to write to. This helps protect it from malware flashing weird/bad stuff to your chip and infecting/bricking your computer. It also prevents us from flashing any BIOS mods. We want to get write access to the BIOS region (there are also other regions, like FD, Intel Management Engine (ME), Gbe, etc.).

Please follow the first two steps of Post #69: https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...#pid154995 Upload the result file here. This is the Descriptor region of your BIOS chip. It should be very small. As noted in the post, your sound may temporarily not work after this, but we will fix this later.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
(09-16-2021, 02:48 PM)BDMaster Wrote: So metalal, i said here :

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...#pid184893

P.S. it seems that your variables are set to 0x00 by default, so your lock is into code , may be FLOCKDN (to check it use "python chipsec_main.py -m bios.backup.bin")

If do you want to try , you can use the Python script chipsec_main.py to analyze the eeprom Protection :

https://github.com/chipsec/chipsec

https://www.basicinputoutput.com/2016/05...ipsec.html

Regards

P.S. the solution ... SPI Programmer (Ch341a) + Pomona clip Wink

As always, thanks for the information BDMaster!

I tried running the chipsec_main.py on the BIOS mod I prepared and I got this error message:

Command:
C:\Users\~\BIOS\chipsec>python chipsec_main.py -m FX506LU_Chipset+Advanced2_modV1.ROM

Error:
################################################################
## ##
## CHIPSEC: Platform Hardware Security Assessment Framework ##
## ##
################################################################
[CHIPSEC] Version 1.7.1
[CHIPSEC] Arguments: -m FX506LU_Chipset+Advanced2_modV1.ROM

ERROR: Message: "CHIPSEC Windows Driver Not Found"

Where can I find this driver?

EDIT: I found the driver installation instructions by scrolling down on the second link. Please ignore my preceding question. I'm surprised those instructions didn't come up when I Googled the error.

www find