Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Today 12:16 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 26
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317083
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Today 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101054
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Today 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2518
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Today 07:23 AM
» Replies: 139
» Views: 40959
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 335
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55306
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64130
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4095
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6566
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 144
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 89
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52173
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167156
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 238
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 326
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 139
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 125
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6332
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 138

[REQUEST] ASUS FX506LU full unlock
Ok friend, an user wrote this that he cannot access to the NVRAM on an AMI pc so made this :

1. Used ValdikSS tool ...

https://github.com/ValdikSS/Super-UEFIinSecureBoot-Disk

Press OK and choose "Enroll cert from file" menu option. Select ENROLL_THIS_KEY_IN_MOKMANAGER.cer and confirm certificate enrolling.

2. Exit from tool , go to windows and replaced the efi shell with RU one and rebooted into USB

3. Edited the NVRAM by RU shell ...

I don't know if it will work , but you can try ...

Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
(09-14-2021, 10:27 AM)metalal Wrote: Steve.
Following your steps i got into the PchSetup no probs but now i have either a different values on da screen or i am reading those wrong . I seem not to have any "byte/offset" tabs or value sub tabs or windows or nothing . so perhaps i shouldn't be looking for anything typed down ? and when you posted look for 0X17 then i can tell you that i haven't got ANY X on this screen . just 00 01 03 04 etc etc . numbers only . no letters. i wish i could send ya a screen shot man ... Sad
Drop us a message when you can .
Still Smile Super excited ! Maybe we will actually get this to work !!!

Great work! My bad for throwing hex values around without explanation.

Thanks BDMaster for the tool! I was unaware of that utility.

In the PchSetup UEFI Variable, you are going to want to go to byte 0x17. "0x" just denotes that we are talking about "hex" numbers and not normal "decimal" numbers. Decimal numbers are how we normally count and it is a base-10 system (0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9). Hex is a base-16 system (0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F), where A-F correspond to 10-15.

While you won't need to do this for flashing your BIOS or modifying the two flash-blocking settings via RU.EFI (or even for most BIOS mods), you can convert between decimal and hex in your head, on paper, or using a calculator. I usually imagine the hex values in binary and then convert those to decimal.

See here for more info if you are interested: https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/binary/bin_3.html You can click "1. Binary Numbers" on the upper right side of the page if you want to learn about binary too.

Getting back to what you actually need to dooo...
Looking at the attached image, you will see vertical and a horizontal line of identifier bytes (00 01 02 03 ... 09 0A 0B ... 0F going up and going sideways). With 0x17, you would first look for "1" (or rather "01") on the left side, and then go rightward in that row until you reach the cell (byte) that has the byte identifier "07" above it. From the left you have "1" and from the top you have "7", making this byte 0x17.

For 0x6DD, you would find 0x6D on the left side and then go all the way out to "0D" (looking at the top for "0D").

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
(09-14-2021, 08:47 AM)metalal Wrote: Right!!!
I am slowly slowly super slowly getting somewhere... LOL Smile
i did all the magic from the posts and i managed to get the backup.bin created on the usb flash .
Now i have renamed the long name of the bios mod to just Mod.ROM so its easy to type but when i type it and hit enter in shell envinroment i get -Command Erros Status:Unsuported.
Thats all after i changed the secure bios settings before as i was getting a big red screen with secure boot violation message but i disabled it so i can get to shell thing .
You lot is a way smarter than me ..... Smile
Chances of me getting this done are getting slimmer with every minute..... Let's just hope i won't kill da laptop.... LOL
And Steven you said that we might not have to flash the mod bios nut only unlock some settings ?so do i fl;ash it?
Or what and how do i run whatever needs to be done in order to get to those settings?
Smile this is absolutely fantastic stuff guys!
I would love to see you all reading my posts and laughing your heads off!!!!
Buy hey!!!!! I am trying right ? LOL
Smile LOL

We will get there! Smile You're doing great!

The hidden "BIOS Lock" and "FPRR" settings are preventing us from flashing any BIOS mods. But since they aren't visible in the BIOS, you can't normally change them (pretty sneaky). So in this case, we use RU.EFI to go around Asus's restrictions and directly edit the settings stored in the NVRAM (where the setting configs are stored). Technically, you don't need a BIOS mod at all if you want to change a single setting..... but you won't be able to see the settings in the menus and it's complicated to change them individually using RU.EFI.

So we disable the BIOS flashing locks via RU.EFI, then we flash the mod, and then you can change the desired settings using the normal BIOS menus (much easier than finding offsets/etc.!).

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
Very Good morning Steve and the rest of da boys and girls Smile
Right ... I get ya .
So we will still proceed with the bios mod thats fine and yes it is much easier to go to bios and change settings than RU.EFI but i think i want to read on some more and learn this thing a bit. super cool stuff.
And thanks for the link .by the time we get this done and ill read all the stuff you're sending me to read i might actually learn some basics !!! LOL Smile super awesome.
OK . I will change the values that i need to change but still don't know how to run the mod.Rom.
Do i run it from shell environment ?or do i run from windows? (Doubt it very much ) and whats the command?
By the way is there like a shell env. guide with all the run commands or a book on it ? so one can read and absorb in da brain and learn and stuff?
You all have a cracking day guys!!
find
Righr
I have changed the value 0x17 from 01 to 00 and upon saving - alt +F to open file tab and then you can either use arrows to go down to save or simply press F12 . Now i am presented with nice little PURPLE WINDOW -Labeled -SAVE TO BE -
and i have three possible choices there.

(0) Register File
(1) Default Setting
(2) All PCI Devices.

I didn't make any save as i am not sure if selecting Register File is 100% correct.
I don't want to guess anything here i better wait as this could have potencially catastrophic results ...
After all i am making changes to my laptops BIOS and any mistake results in a BRICK right? Smile
find
Ok metalal, just to help you with some images :

https://www.win-raid.com/t5061f54-Reques...#msg143807

As you cam look into these images , you have to find the right GUID ,

GUID 4570B7F1-ADE8-4943-8DC3-406472842384 - PCHSetup , then modify the variables (like into that guide) and then write back the values by CTRL +W

I hope this will help you ...

Regards

P.S. it seems that your variables are set to 0x00 by default, so your lock is into code , may be FLOCKDN (to check it use "python chipsec_main.py -m bios.backup.bin")

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
find
Thanks BDMaster WOW....
Looking super cool Smile but i think you are mistaking me for someone who knows what they are doing my friend. Smile LOL
I don't have a clue what all this is . I havent got the AMOIBCP thing and i have never seen such a layout of folders on my computer.
I appreciate your help and input but i don't don't have a clue what this all is Smile
Sorry for being so uneducated in this matter.
But thanks again !
find
I just shown the scenario where you are going to make modify, the images are to clarify the choices to be made
and there are also comments with the keystrokes to use.
This can be a great tutorial for any user who wants to try their hand at these tweaks ...
You don't need to know anything and it is for anyone want to understand and learn, as Steven is doing a great work
making as well as the Guide and Tutorial for all users about the method and the way how to do ... so it will be usefull for all !
Regards

P.S. as i wrote i think you will can use RU shell only to modify some variables, but not to unlock the Eeprom Write ...

find
"PCHSetup , then modify the variables (like into that guide) and then write back the values by CTRL +W"

Yeah, I forgot to include the key combination. As BDMaster was saying, pressing "Ctrl" and "W" at the same time on your keyboard will save the settings. Your questions are helpful because they help me to make sure I include everything in the guide. I'm thinking of extending the guide to include the flashing process, just because there are so many moving parts. I'll change the title to something like "AMI Modding: A Start to Finish Guide".

Go back into RU.EFI and in PchSetup change offset 0x17 from "01" to "00" again (it didn't save last time). Then scroll down in PchSetup to 0x6DD and change that value from "01" to "00". If it is already "00", then leave it but let me know.

After this, you should be ready to flash the BIOS mod.

Boot from your USB flashdrive again. In the UEFI environment (before you enter RU.EFI), go into the /efi/ directory using the "cd /efi" command. Now run "fpt -f mod.rom -bios". This will flash the modified BIOS image. If you get an error, post here the exact error message and the command exactly as you typed it that led to that error message.

Let us know how it goes!

www find
Hi there Steve and the rest of the Team !
Again thanks very much for all the help and your time and support.

I have followed the steps and i have come across the -
WARNING-UNABLE TO DETECT ME DISABLED
Do you wish to proceed with the flash write operation ? (Y/N) :

I have selected N - as i wasn't sure...
Really sorry it takes sooo long and it literally is a step a day operation but even tho i would love to take risks and go via trial and error way I actually do know that this is not possible this time...One mistake and i will have a relly expensive (for me anyways...) paper weight from bricked laptop Smile

PS-Sorry i almost forgot- i cant find the 0x6DD value in RU.efi.
i will show you what i have exactly Smile
This is gonna take some time ......

0000 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 0A 0B 0C 0D 0E 0F
00A0
00B0
00C0
00D0
00E0
00F0

So now looking at me ingenius RU.efi reference table above ( LOL !!! Smile ) You can see that when you travel across the table with values i can either go to 0060 (vertical) 0D (horizontal ) value or i can do 06 ( horizontal ) 00D0 Vertical.And i can do 00D0 x 0D but there is no 6 in there .....

But i do not have the 0x6DD value. So this is apparently the other value that i need to change and so far i am unable to .
find