Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
Request for Modded BIOS with AI Tweaker ...
Last Post: CertifiedCosmos
Today 05:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 26
Lenovo ThinkCentre M71e GPU Whitelist re...
Last Post: saschalein
Today 03:23 PM
» Views: 43
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad 330S-15ARR (7WC...
Last Post: nadolivbios
Today 01:26 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 6015
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: sanya.silitskiy
Today 11:52 AM
» Replies: 73
» Views: 219754
[REQUEST] 13w Yoga Gen 2 (Type 82YR) (KB...
Last Post: SiberianTiger97
Today 09:48 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 134
Acer Extensa 5620: CPU replace
Last Post: MPM
Today 08:28 AM
» Views: 87
[REQUEST] Sony Vaio VPCEH & VPCEJ series...
Last Post: nrns
Yesterday 08:08 PM
» Replies: 232
» Views: 98238
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 02:35 PM
» Replies: 103
» Views: 23833
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Yesterday 07:29 AM
» Replies: 847
» Views: 323294
[REQUEST] Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315...
Yesterday 07:28 AM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 907
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad P14s 3rd Gen 1...
Yesterday 07:26 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 271
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: pashtet440
Yesterday 06:56 AM
» Views: 115
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
04-14-2024 09:02 AM
» Replies: 1733
» Views: 541615
Dell Latitude 5520 - get to know passwor...
Last Post: yeti1299
04-14-2024 06:48 AM
» Views: 221
[REQUEST]: Asus TP420IA - how to dump bi...
Last Post: quantumx3
04-14-2024 05:34 AM
» Views: 195
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: Nightdemon2001
04-14-2024 01:13 AM
» Replies: 2319
» Views: 655940
[REQUEST] Lenovo B575 (52CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: thepwrtank18
04-13-2024 06:13 PM
» Replies: 56
» Views: 20360
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H9ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: alvaro8905
04-13-2024 05:25 PM
» Replies: 673
» Views: 163318
Lenovo Yoga 14s (slim7Gen 8)
04-13-2024 03:32 PM
» Replies: 12
» Views: 621
[REQUEST] Lenovo G710 BIOS Whitelist Rem...
04-13-2024 03:31 PM
» Replies: 470
» Views: 129284

[REQUEST] ASUS G712LWS BIOS Unlock
Dear users/mods!
Can someone help me with my "locked" bios? I wanted to undervolt my laptop, but Throttlestop is locked when i will decrease my CPU voltage. My DDR4 ram runs also at 2933mhz, should at 3200. Screenshoots attached (can't dump my bios file). Can some1 help? I want to donate too!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

find
Hello Henndryk,

I can take a look at your request.

Please run this utility by Serg008 as Administrator to backup your BIOS: https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/attachme...?aid=22399

It will produce a results.rar file on your Desktop. Upload that file here. If you can't find a results.rar file, look for a folder on your Desktop starting with "result". Please also upload pictures of the BIOS settings you can see currently.

A lot of laptops have recently had their undervolting capabilities disabled by a BIOS update due to the Plundervolt vulnerability. You can read up on this vulnerability online and decide if this vulnerability and its level of risk and requirements for exploitability warrant removal of the undervolting feature.

That said, there are likely hidden settings that handle undervolting directly or that can disable the undervolt lock itself. We will know once we look at your BIOS dump.

~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
Hi Steven and thank you for your reply.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ej4gz2 Here is my BIOS backup.
I've already an 'undervolt' option in BIOS but is maxed out up to -80mv. I guess so I need more, and like to 'unlock' those features from ThrottleStop as mentioned above(screenshoot with locked TS). Im glad so there is someone who can directly help. I send pictures from my bios in pair minutes.
Best regards!

EDIT: PICS ATTACHED
https://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/pu1s...oqeykADY1A
find
Wow... 80mv is a small undervolt allowance... Plus it would be nice to be able to undervolt the integrated GPU too, I imagine.

There are hidden Chipset and Advanced2 Menus that contain a diverse plethora of interesting settings, such as XMP profiles, overclocking, thermal, and more. Maximum Memory Frequency in particular allows you to set your DRAM frequency up to 6200 (though I'd highly recommend against going that far!). You can use AMIBCP to check which settings are available in the Chipset and second Advanced menus. In the left pane, double click the topmost folder without a name, then double click Setup to find the Chipset Menu. The second Advanced Menu is further down. The selected menu's settings will show up in the right pane. Find AMIBCP 5.02.0031 on this page: https://www.tweaktownforum.com/forum/tec...lity-tools

As for the undervolting lock that prevents you from using Throttlestop, I may need to compare the first BIOS version that implements Plundervolt protections with the BIOS version immediately prior and see how the protection was implemented if there isn't a setting that disables the protection. I will get back to you on this. If I am unable to figure it out or there is too much involved, we may have to downgrade your system to a previous BIOS version and modify that version.

It appears that your system may implement Intel Boot Guard. If your system manufacturer did fully and properly implement this (they sometimes don't), flashing a modified BIOS image could result in a bricked system. For this reason, we are going to need to check if this is implemented fully. I will post more details on how to check this later.

In any case, due to the potential presence of BootGuard, I highly recommend purchasing the CH341A programmer. It is about $10 and comes with a cheap clip* that you can attach to the SOIC8 BIOS chip on your motherboard to read and write firmware from/to it. This will allow you to recover given the small chance that this mod results in a brick.

*I was unable to get a reliable connection with the included clip and had to purchase the Pomona 5250 clip separately to flash mods on my test laptop. That said, others have reported that the included clip worked for them.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
Hello,

My apologies for the delays.

Intel has this tool called meinfo that we can use to determine the status of BootGuard (ie: whether or not it presents a threat to us upon flashing a mod). Before we can use this tool, however, we need to figure out which version of it to use (there are .many.).

Please download and launch HWiNFO64 (https://www.hwinfo.com/download/). Uncheck "Sensors only" and "Summary only" and click "Run". One of the two windows that pops up will have a "Save Report" button near the top. Click that button and upload that report here.

www find
Hello! Firstly, I'd just like to explain that I'm a total noobie when it comes to BIOS mods and literally know nothing.

That being said, I wanted to know if it is possible to use a modded BIOS on my Asus laptop, which is a model G712LWS on Bios version 314. 

The main functionality I am looking for is to be able to undervolt more.

Currently, there is an option in the BIOS to offset the core voltage (undervolting), but the BIOS only allows you to undervolt by 80 mv. If you try to undervolt by anything more, it will not let you. 

Is there any way around this restriction? Please let me know. Also please keep in mind that I don't really know much and don't want to brick my computer. If anyone has done this before successfuly though, I would greatly appreciate a guide on how to do it. 

thanks all!
find