Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424169
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3560
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 222
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 254
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223818
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119104
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6741
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 356
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309521
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61906
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 569
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20223
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169161
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6267
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 772
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5739
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61118
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274953

[REQUEST] ASUS X550EP BIOS Unlock
#1
Hey guys,

I badly need the newest Asus F552EP UEFI BIOS unlocked.
I got like 3 Options in the BIOS and would love to disable Secure Boot and enable Overclocking options.
Afaik it's Aptio 4.

Brand: American Megatrends
Version: X550EP.303

Dumped from Laptop: afuwin.rom
Original from ASUS website: X550EPAS.303

Alternatively from their website:ASUS




I would be endlessly thankful if somebody could unlock all the options.
Please be so kind I'd literally thank you half an hour.

Regards, Castiel
find
quote
#2
Hi friend,

Here is the last AMIBCP version 4.55 :

http://rghost.net/59893020

Here is a Tutorial to modify AMI Aptio Bios :

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads...MSR-unlock!

Follow CodeRush Suggestions :

It's certanly not so easy for BIOSes with another menu setup, but the whole idea is the same.
I could also recommend trying AMIBCP to modify menu entries vilibility from "Default" to "USER",
if your menu setup is more complex then a setup above.

I have to flash my image on the administrator commandline using afuwinx64 bios_mod.rom /GAN . . .
Otherwise it gives me a security error (Thanks again CodeRush)

Let me know
Regards

P.S. Use this tool run It as Admin and upload the result file here !

http://rghost.net/84CK2SBj7

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#3
Hey everything worked, but as soon as I disabled the integrated graphics the laptop wouldnt boot, it doesnt show the bios, just black.

Edit: Nevermind I tried to use the Bios from my mind and it worked. F9 for optimized defaults and F10 for Save & Exit.

[censored] APUs are a nasty thing though
find
quote
#4
Exclamation 
Hello. I wonder if it's possible to have a BIOS mod that unlocks more functions on this ASUS X550EP laptop. The BIOS is an Aptio (AMI) version 2 from 2012. Since it's UEFI I guess it's part of the Aptio IV BIOS series (the Aptio V editor won't accept the .rom file). The reason I want to unlock the BIOS is to have the ability (if possible, of course) to manage CPU voltages and clock speed (it's an AMD A4-5000 that I want to overclock from it's stock 1.5GHz), RAM clock speed (always for oc) and unlock GPU voltages too (GPU is a Radeon HD 8670M discrete which I can already overclock via the AMD Radeon Settings, but I can't put more voltage for better oc). I'm sure that doing oc will bring better performance in the games I play, they don't run that bad but they can surely be better. If what I asked isn't possible, I want to know if it's possible, at least, to modify the BIOS that much to allow a program like AMD OverDrive to interact with the CPU, since it can't detect my CPU at all

Here's the latest BIOS version from ASUS: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/X5...PAS303.zip

Before I could try to do this myself and risk to destroy a PC, I would like to know if someone is willing enough to try and create a mod first for me to test. I can provide the Aptio IV BIOS Editor too if necessary. Thanks in advance!


EDIT: Why is my thread now here? What happened?
find
quote
#5
I DID IT. I never thought I would be able to do such thing without destroying everything
https://imgur.com/a/nLMCPf3
Thank you mods for showing me this already existing thread

Edit: Forgot to unlock the Chipset tab too ^^'
find
quote
#6
Sorry for bringing up the thread again but I noticed that the Chipset tab won't unlock no matter what I set on Access/Use (USER, Extended User, Supervisor or Default). Why does this happen?

EDIT: Fixed, I managed to unlock the Chipset tab too by manually editing the ROM with an hex editor (following the guide above), it seems that AMIBCP was having issues with that particular setting
find
quote
#7
@dazster

could you upload your patched bios?

backref: https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-U...P-BIOS-mod

It works, but it is not possible to add any boot entry.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)