Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Today 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 51
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
Yesterday 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 118
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
Yesterday 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1221854
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
Yesterday 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118875
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 146
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6632
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 254
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308888
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61703
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 439
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20081
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168756
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6117
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 652
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5610
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60898
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274789
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 764
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24730
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 694704

[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 3630 BIOS unlock
#1
Hi!

An old laptop of mine runs this Phoenix Bios (version 3A22): ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/notebook/as...s/3A22.ZIP on a "Lugano" named board (Huh)

I need it unlocked to show advanced options and enable 533Mhz FSB for a newer-than-original cpu put on it (while the mobo seems to be locked on the old 400Mhz FSB cpu) Confused

Would you help me?

Thanks!!! Big GrinBig Grin
find
quote
#2
(07-14-2014, 01:21 PM)calcag Wrote: Hi!

An old laptop of mine runs this Phoenix Bios (version 3A22): ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/notebook/as...s/3A22.ZIP on a "Lugano" named board (Huh)

I need it unlocked to show advanced options and enable 533Mhz FSB for a newer-than-original cpu put on it (while the mobo seems to be locked on the old 400Mhz FSB cpu) Confused

Would you help me?

Thanks!!! Big GrinBig Grin

Hi friend,
for Phoenix Bios ask to Sml6397 He is the expert !
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#3
Hey thank you for the reply! Wink

Indeed I saw him active on some threads around here, hope he'll see my thread too! Cool (don't want to disturb him via pm yet) Shy

Experts needed heeere! Idea Cool

(07-14-2014, 02:52 PM)BDMaster Wrote: Hi friend,
for Phoenix Bios ask to Sml6397 He is the expert !
Regards
find
quote
#4
Hello calcag,

I will take a look at your BIOS and see what I can do.

~Steven

Hello calcag,

I found a setup table in your BIOS with a lot of settings. I am not sure what menu/sub-menu they go under. Once I find this menu though, I can give you the modified BIOS. I may also be able to find some more CPU/thermal settings.

Here is a picture of the setup table's contents (the interesting parts are in the 3 sub-menus):
   

Hello calcag,

Could you tell me the model of the newer CPU? I also need to know what chipset the netbook has. I believe it is something from SiS.


New Settings...

I found Hyperthreading in your BIOS! There are CPU Thermal settings, but they are not linked and would have to be added manually one by one. It can be done though.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote
#5
Quote:I found a setup table in your BIOS with a lot of settings. I am not sure what menu/sub-menu they go under. Once I find this menu though, I can give you the modified BIOS. I may also be able to find some more CPU/thermal settings.
First of all, thanks for your time! Shy Well it seems a lucky bios Smile

Quote:Could you tell me the model of the newer CPU? I also need to know what chipset the netbook has. I believe it is something from SiS.
You got it right, chipset is SiS 661FX rev. 11, and as I searched before it should support 533Mhz FSB
The CPU is a Intel Pentium M 750 (swapped it from a similar old but more powerful laptop)
(I'm attaching some cpu-z screenshots)

----- just in case, the *old* cpu was Intel Celeron M 380 @400Mhz fsb!

Quote:I found Hyperthreading in your BIOS! There are CPU Thermal settings, but they are not linked and would have to be added manually one by one. It can be done though.
LoL! I'm unsure about the fact hyper could be supported on this mobo, also I don't think the mPGA479 sockets cpus would have it :/ (or I am WRONG? :O)
About the thermal settings.. if it's a pain in the neck leave them unlinked, I should not need them, as my main goal is to unlock the actual 400Mhz FSB! I higly doubt I can gain much more from this pc... Rolleyes

Thank you man, I'm looking forward for my bios Big Grin

----- now that I'm looking more closely, cpu speed too is lowered at about 1.4ghz instead of 1.86Ghz!!! :/


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
       
find
quote
#6
(07-15-2014, 03:05 AM)calcag Wrote:
Quote:I found a setup table in your BIOS with a lot of settings. I am not sure what menu/sub-menu they go under. Once I find this menu though, I can give you the modified BIOS. I may also be able to find some more CPU/thermal settings.
First of all, thanks for your time! Shy Well it seems a lucky bios Smile

Quote:Could you tell me the model of the newer CPU? I also need to know what chipset the netbook has. I believe it is something from SiS.
You got it right, chipset is SiS 661FX rev. 11, and as I searched before it should support 533Mhz FSB
The CPU is a Intel Pentium M 750 (swapped it from a similar old but more powerful laptop)
(I'm attaching some cpu-z screenshots)

----- just in case, the *old* cpu was Intel Celeron M 380 @400Mhz fsb!

Quote:I found Hyperthreading in your BIOS! There are CPU Thermal settings, but they are not linked and would have to be added manually one by one. It can be done though.
LoL! I'm unsure about the fact hyper could be supported on this mobo, also I don't think the mPGA479 sockets cpus would have it :/ (or I am WRONG? :O)
About the thermal settings.. if it's a pain in the neck leave them unlinked, I should not need them, as my main goal is to unlock the actual 400Mhz FSB! I higly doubt I can gain much more from this pc... Rolleyes

Thank you man, I'm looking forward for my bios Big Grin

----- now that I'm looking more closely, cpu speed too is lowered at about 1.4ghz instead of 1.86Ghz!!! :/

Hello, dit you updated the bios? I am looking for same thing - 533Mhz for tis mobo. Please share this bios, if you did it.

Thanks

Korny
find
quote
#7
Any news? I'm looking for 533mhz FSB also

thks
find
quote
#8
(02-09-2022, 08:59 AM)viperion Wrote: I'm looking for 533mhz FSB also
Why? The processor frequency is set by system bus speed, which can be 100MHz or 133MHz or 166MHz or 200MHz. For Pentium M it should be set to 133 (MAX) to perform on 1.862MHz. Are you experiencing a decrease in CPU performance?

A quick update:
An unlocked BIOS.
[Image: Acer-Aspire-3630.jpg]
find
quote
#9
my pentium M-755 runs at 2ghz, but FSB 400Mhz, I imagine that can go further if FSB reach 533mhz FSB?
find
quote
#10
(02-10-2022, 08:57 AM)viperion Wrote: my pentium M-755 runs at 2ghz
My previous statement was about the case with M-750 mentioned by user calcag. I took it as an example, but you don't have this problem.
(02-09-2022, 10:00 AM)Maxinator500 Wrote: For Pentium M it should be set to 133 (MAX) to perform on 1.862MHz.
(02-10-2022, 08:57 AM)viperion Wrote: I imagine that can go further if FSB reach 533mhz FSB?
It won't. I think you can go up to 2100MHz with EIST exploit. Since this BIOS has no OC feature it may be the only option for you to increase the performance.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)