Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424175
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3560
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 223
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 254
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223831
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119104
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6741
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 356
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309529
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61906
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 569
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20223
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169161
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6267
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 772
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5739
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61119
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274956

[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 4715Z / 4315 to support CPU Intel T7250 / newer Merom based
#1
Hello! Hope you're safe and have nice days.

I have my own old laptop since 2007, Acer Aspire 4715Z (from service manual, it's similar to 4315). I want to use it again with upgrading some parts, including CPU. Current specs are Intel T2310 (1.46ghz) with GL960 chipset. I've bought Intel T7250 with 2.0ghz clockspeed and replaced the old one. But, it freezes while booting (at starting windows 7 OS). I assume it lacked microcode of newer CPUs in BIOS.

Current BIOS is v1.16, but I forgot where the BIOS source from (so stupid back then), so dont know if it's modded or not. The latest BIOS from Acer website is v1.15 (attachment below). I want to add CPU support for all Merom-based processors (based on this references, it can run on my machine), but I dont know how to modify the BIOS. Huh  Is it safe to add microcode to v1.15 bios (latest) and then downgrade it from current BIOS?

Anyone, please help me?? I searched for around 3 days and still got no solutions Confused Thanks before. (and sorry for my bad english)


Attached Files
.zip   BIOS_v1.15acer.zip (Size: 1,008.61 KB / Downloads: 9)
find
quote
#2
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with supported CPU.
Make a photo of new CPU.
find
quote
#3
(03-19-2020, 04:30 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with supported CPU.
Make a photo of new CPU.

Here's CPU-Z screenshots and new CPU photos, Sir (see attachments). Thanks Smile


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
               
find
quote
#4
Make a current dump of BIOS by Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0.
find
quote
#5
(03-19-2020, 05:07 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Make a current dump of BIOS by Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0.

Ah..got it, Sir!


Attached Files
.rom   PhoenixTechnologiesLTD-V1.16.rom (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 17)
find
quote
#6
Current BIOS has support for T7250 - https://browser.geekbench.com/geekbench2/1348012
find
quote
#7
(03-19-2020, 06:41 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Current BIOS has support for T7250 - https://browser.geekbench.com/geekbench2/1348012

The southbridge rev. is different than mine (mine is B1). Is that matter?


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#8
(03-19-2020, 07:03 AM)wawaduck Wrote: Is that matter?
No.
find
quote
#9
(03-19-2020, 07:05 AM)DeathBringer Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 07:03 AM)wawaduck Wrote: Is that matter?
No.

Hmm...it's very confusing.
Before I bought this T7250 (secondhand), I've already purchased T7700 new from supplier (China OEM I guess). But, it has same issue, freezing while Starting Windows. So, I refund that T7700 because it has warranty from supplier. Both processor can access BIOS Setup normally, but freezing while booting. Sad

I saw this blog before I made this decision. I thought it would be successful on my scenario.
find
quote
#10
Try to flash modded BIOS from notebookreview.com
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)