Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6402
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14038
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 137
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424545
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3652
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 323
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 342
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224761
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119203
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 299
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6815
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 437
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309807
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62000
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 655
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20313
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169425
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6385
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 860

[REQUEST] Acer Aspire A315-51 BIOS Unlock
#1
Hello all,
I am having Acer Aspire 3 A315-51-316K model i3 processor 7130U with 4 GB ram (Soldered). I use Fedora OS. I want to remove this and install new OS. For this, I created bootable USB and started the installation process. To my surprise, the BIOS asks for Current password after I press f2 or f12 button. So, I am unable to enter the BIOS settings now. 

I that three attempt and the Laptop gives a unlock code. The bios present in the laptop is of Insyde and the recovery code for Insyde is usualy 8 digit but the recovery code I received is 10 digit. I am sure its Insyde bios. I have already checked. So the back door bios reset option like bios-pw.org doesn't work.

I tried a hard reset by removing the laptop battery, CMOS battery and left for about an hour but still no use. I couldn't locate the jumper as well. 

Help me unlock the bios. Thank you.
find
quote
#2

.zip   backup.zip (Size: 5.19 MB / Downloads: 31)
Attached dump of BIOS from programmer.
Want to access hidden settings.
find
quote
#3
Hi,

I'm trying to install an NVME EGpu in my Acer Aspire 3 A315-51, and I need the bios unlocked. Do you think a bios hack would allow the GPU  to be recognized by Windows? If so, what tools would I need to get in order to get this working? If you could send links on where to buy the stuff, that would be a godsent!
(Bios version is insyde corp. v1.03, 5/23/2017)
Please let me know, and thank you!
find
quote
#4
I have the following laptop and have wired in a bigger maglev bearing fan and am beefing up the heastink with a larger heat pipe unit from another model. I have the Insyde tools and the .fd Bios out of the most recent bios utility from Acer. I also have vars.txt and vars2.txt, I am hoping to activate the overclocking menu and the power states to have fan software control the fan. I want to undervolt it but would like to have an overclock profile as well. I am considering increasing the battery size also. I got the laptop for $100 so I'm more than happy to have everything unlocked if possible even if I might fry it. If some one could help me mod the bios, that would be swell.

Acer Aspire 3 A315-51-380T, Model: N17Q1
find
quote
#5
(03-02-2021, 02:37 AM)flappysnap Wrote: I have the following laptop and have wired in a bigger maglev bearing fan and am beefing up the heastink with a larger heat pipe unit from another model. I have the Insyde tools and the .fd Bios out of the most recent bios utility from Acer. I also have vars.txt and vars2.txt, I am hoping to activate the overclocking menu and the power states to have fan software control the fan. I want to undervolt it but would like to have an overclock profile as well. I am considering increasing the battery size also. I got the laptop for $100 so I'm more than happy to have everything unlocked if possible even if I might fry it. If some one could help me mod the bios, that would be swell.

Acer Aspire 3 A315-51-380T, Model: N17Q1
I have a very similar device and am planning to hydrocool it as well (parts already on the way). Would you care to share any updates of your project? I would be interested in any info\pics\stats on the subject.

Thanx in advance,
p3r_p0ul
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)