Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6373
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14013
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 112
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424510
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3628
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 298
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 215
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 318
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224653
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119179
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6795
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 420
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309761
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61977
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 632
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20288
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169391
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6361
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 836

[REQUEST] Acer Aspire M3710 & M5711 & M7711 BIOS Unlock
#21
Hello,

Recently I updated the BIOS of an Acer Aspire M3710. I don't like the fan speed at all (smart fan is enabled but spins quite fast).
Before flashing to R01-A2C1 (bios was never updated before) the CPU fan was dead silent.

The mainboard is a FMCP7AM - used in serveral Acer, Gateway and Packard Bell products but I did't had the guts to flash it to PB or Gateway.

Therefore I wonder if anyone could create a modified bios. I searched for existing mods but unfortunately the links were dead. Do want:

- Fan rpm fix
- AHCI / RAID fix if possible, but not necessary as Windows 7 works fine.
- additional feature unlock

R01-A2C1 (latest, 2010) http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_R01.A2C1_A_A.zip?acerid=634114928549080083&Step1=DESKTOP,%20WORKSTATION&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%20M3710&OS=ALL&LC=nl&BC=ACER&SC=EMEA_18

Much appreciated!
find
quote
#22
Hi there,

i need to overclock my CPU (Intel Q9300 4x 2,50Ghz) Socket 775
but the features are not available in the bios
My Mainboard (FMCP7AM) from the OEM PC "Acer Aspire M5711"
Bios: AMI Version R01.A3
If you need more Information, tell me.

Link to my Bios: http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/...ASM7711%20&%20M5711%20&%20M3710.zip?acerid=633873834219719803&Step1=DESKTOP&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%20M5711&OS=ALL&LC=de&BC=ACER&SC=EMEA_8

Thank you for your help
with kind regards
EL_Diabolo
find
quote
#23
Hi there, maybe this could be a bit necro-questioning, well already ive got his, but i dont know how the heck to flash this rom, i had flashed before some stock packardbell roms but my ami flashes doesnt works with this rom, anyone could explain me why? and what to do or how to do it well?

my computer is: Packard Bell IMEDIA X7504 SP with same motherboard

thanks in advantage
find
quote
#24
Finaly I had falshed it succesfully, but now, I would like to know if there is available any modedded rom where I could grant aces to overclocking or a better performance.
find
quote
#25
Ok, after a bit of testing, now I am trying to get acces to the control of the fan, but I am not able to get it with SpeedFan, could anyone explain me how to get it?

Also, I have flashed it succesfully, but still on the information of MOBO says that it is Packard Bell IMEDIA X7504 SP, so still I don´t have full acces to it.

I am asking for a new and modified bios where I can get granted to all features possible (if this is the right section)

Thanks for your time
find
quote
#26
Hello i have an old Acer M3710  and I'm planning to bring a quad core cpu like q8400 to this machine and I'm wondering if someone can edit this bios even though it's too old  to enable options like Overclocking and virtualization because this E5200 cpu doesn't have vt-x Thanks !!
This is the flash file Thanks Again !


Attached Files
.zip   BIOS_Acer_R01.A3L_A_A.zip (Size: 1.41 MB / Downloads: 9)
find
quote
#27
Wink 
My first contribution to the scene. I do now that BIOS is practically nearly gone and fully replaced by UEFI.

But i made my first very own discovery which i consider worth sharing. This Method is most likely applicable to a variety of computers.

I know that crossflashing is considered useless, since the success rate is really low, when speaking about a crossflashed BIOS being able to POST and BOOT and i indeed can confirm that.

The specific piece of hardware in Question is the mcp7am01p8-1.0-8eksh motherboard manufactured by FOXCONN which is found in some OEM Computers like Gateway DX-4800, Acer Aspire M3710 and Packard Bell iMedia 3710 and a couple more. The Chipset IC is the NF-720i-B2. From my understanding it is the same Silicon as the GF-9300-730i-B2 but the GPU is defective or deactivated, but it seem to appear on PCI Bus and a Geforce 9200 BIOS is present as a ROM in all of the above mentioned Systems.

The board is performed this mod on was from Packard Bell. The compatibility across the above mentioned Platforms is 100%, but the feature sets are identical. So no real benefit to justify a biosflash, i do not consider this a crossflash since the Boards seem to be identical. Once i was experimenting with AMIBCP, AMISCE, MMTOOL and AFUDOS and tried to enable more features and bricked my BIOS several times in the process, but i was never able to get what i wanted. I flashed about 20 different BIOSES from ASUS, ACER, GIGABYTE, MSI, XFX & ZOTAC  with nearly no progress, all used BIOSES had GeForce 9300/GeForce 9400 - nForce 730i or ION Chipsets. One of the BIOSES i tried was the P5N7A-VM-0316 from ASUS and this one got me intrigued. It did attempt to POST and i could even use the Express Gate function from USB, but system was unable to complete POST or enter BIOS. Next i tried the XFX BIOS A7538NX3.10R, and this one even allowed me to get into the bios and use all the options provided however it was always unable to POST and hung with code 8D, manually editing PCI IRQ Routing Tables changed it to 8A. I tried a lot of modifications with AMIBCP and AMIDEDOS as i thought i was getting closer to get it to load Windows. I nearly gave up, as i stumbled upon the ZOTAC BIOS and it blew my mind, it was an AWARD BIOS. Until that day i thought that interoperability was impossible. Now here comes the real crossflashing, I tried to flash the ZOTAC 9300 ITX WIFI BIOS and seemed undoable, neither afudos nor awdflash allowed the flashing of AWARD BIOS over existing AMI BIOS even though i used afudos 2.29 SE which is said to flash absolutely everything, AWDFLASH refused to flash no matter which switches i used. I went out of my way to boot up Hirens Boot CD and parted magic and flashed the AWARD BIOS N0126WZT.BIN using flashrom, restarted the Machine and after 10 seconds i saw the ZOTAC Logo. ASUS & XFX AMI Bioses did this as well, but this AWARD BIOS was able to Boot into windows, everything in the BIOS is available voltage, clock controls and even more stuff then in the Manual for the ZOTAC 9300 ITX WIFI istself. Everything works and can be saved, no problems, no corruption. Only if i force to enable the (not present/defective/locked) iGPU the System wont post. Everytrhing is working perfectly fine, microcode update might bei required if you run an LGA 771 Xeon, prior my CPU(E5430) was recognized as having 2 Cores 4 Threads with hyperthreading enabled Big Grin. FOXCONN has a couple firstparty Nforce 700 Series Motherboards, they all use AWARD BIOSES. GIGABYTE seems also to have chosen AWARD, but i did not test it, since the ZOTAC BIOS works flawlessly and has everything available in the BIOS.

I will not provide the files nor the tools. But the exact ROM Names used are provided.

For flashing AMIBIOS i only was successful using AFUDOS 2.29 SE with the this command afudos /ixxxx.rom /pbnc /n.

Hirens Boot CD comes with flashrom preinstalled.

N0126WZT.BIN This rom can actually just be flashed with flashrom over your existing BIOS. Throughout this experiment i used one bios chip as hardware backup and for booting, to reflash the experimental ROM. And yes i hotswapped them. If someone has further Information or suggestions, I#d be glad to hear them.

Technically i dont know where this belongs, AWARD or AMI Unlocked Thread.

Kind regards.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)