Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424154
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3556
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 215
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 163
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223776
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119098
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 236
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6739
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 353
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309511
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61904
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 565
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20217
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169145
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6262
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 767
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5736
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61111
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274950

[REQUEST] Acer Predator G3610 Ivy Bridge Support
#11
I'd rather not solder in my life again (I managed to get hot tin in my eye during 4th grade in class + 2 months of studying ICT-field in school).
Thank you for trying to help me. I'll just start saving money for ryzen setup. My current setup is becoming a black hole for money anyway.
Do I rename this thread solved or leave it be?
find
quote
#12
There is a small chance of success when using the hardware programmer.
To try you need cheap CH341A & SOIC8 test clip.
[Image: s-l300.jpg][Image: s-l300.jpg]
Read BIOS chip by this hardware programmer and post the result.
find
quote
#13
How much is a new bios chip and where would I even get one? I understood that it has a better chance of succeeding that the test clip method and being potentially more cheap since it's just 1 chip. And what are the chances of me bricking the hole motherboard and in general the chances of succeeding the original goal of ramming the new intel chip in? I'd rather not take a huge risk of bricking my motherboard and be without a desktop for potentially months or burning my current funds for a new motherboard.
find
quote
#14
Re-soldering BIOS chip is more expensive then test clip ($3). But hardware programmer ($2.5) is required in both cases.
find
quote
#15
I found 25Q64FV and flash a backup of 25Q32BV into it. With the new chip, everything worked and I decided to update the bios with standard means via DOS and nothing came out, still writes "rom file does not match existing bios size". Then I decided to flash the chip directly on the programmer, I did it, but nothing worked with the new bios - a cyclic reboot.
I flashed last bios - P03.A3
find
quote
#16
Restore original BIOS.
find
quote
#17
Yes, as a result, I did so - I returned the original flash drive
find
quote
#18
Try to flash my mod by your hardware programmer.
At first test it with old CPU, then with new one.
find
quote
#19
I forgot to say that all the manipulations were carried out with the i5-2300
find
quote
#20
(05-14-2023, 05:16 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Try to flash my mod by your hardware programmer.
At first test it with old CPU, then with new one.

I flashed your firmware 25Q64FV and it turned on, now I will try to install i7-3770
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)