Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424163
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3557
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 217
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 164
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223801
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119100
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 236
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6740
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 354
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309517
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61905
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 568
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20221
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169153
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6266
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 768
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5738
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61114
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274950

[REQUEST] Asus ROG Strix G703VI BIOS Unlock
#31
You're welcome, here you go, should be all unlocked now! Big Grin
http://www.filedropper.com/final1_1

Please let me know if anything missing, if you need copy of AMIBCP to compare possible settings vs what you see in BIOS send me PM
find
quote
#32
not included in bios, black screen
find
quote
#33
What do you mean? Nothing, it's a brick, only black screen? If yes, sorry, let me double check things

Maybe we should have continued with one step at a time test, since now we must go back and do one by one to find the cause anyway. Sad
I know that's a pain for users so most hate doing things that way, but I do prefer it to avoid things like this.
Unless I can find some obvious error once I check the file I sent.

I checked the file, and nothing looks off. Please wait, tonight I will build you huge set of test files going one step at a time, so we can find the cause of the issue.
I suspect it's either the advanced swap or the addition of chipset, but we'll have to narrow it down one move/edit I make at a time.

Here, real quick, test this so we can rule out the AMIBCP edit before I did anything else, so this one move #1
I made a single edit in AMIBCP to Main BIOS page on this file, before I build rest using this one as the base (I enabled MAC Address to show on Main page)
http://www.filedropper.com/boot3bcp
find
quote
#34
thank you, I can check tomorrow
find
quote
#35
OK, well tonight I will make you a set of tests files so we can narrow it down, and then make all other edits except the one that causes this
find
quote
#36
yes I see the Mac address
find
quote
#37
OK, so that confirms that initial AMIBCP edit I made didn't cause the bricking BIOS, thanks for checking. I'll now build you a set of test files based on that BIOS as starting base BIOS, testing changes one by one until we find what's causing it to fail.

* Edit - Back on Boot2 here for a second, for another initial quick test, this should again have two boot menus, but I'm testing if the addition of this added entry is what caused the bricking (When I added chipset menu ID to two different certain areas on the failing BIOS). Please test both, let me know if both boot menu still visible on both, and if either bricks the board (So be ready to recover again with Boot3BCP BIOS)
http://www.filedropper.com/debug1

We may need to do this same exact test type with the chipset changes by themselves instead, if both of those fail. Maybe should have done that initially, but I thought maybe this is easier, kinda same/same so should give us a good enough answer though I think. If not, I'll do this instead next.

* Edit 2 - here is the chipset only test, this is similar to above, but moving forward and adding chipset menu only to see if this causes the brick (Also be ready for recovery when testing this)
http://www.filedropper.com/debug-boot3chiptest

Next test if above is OK will be the Advanced swap, which I left for last as I suspected the other edits (To add additional menu entry) maybe more of the issue than the adv switch, but it could be that as well.

* Edit 3 - here is Advanced swap only, test this last, but please do test all and let me know outcome of each test BIOS here
http://www.filedropper.com/debug3-advsw
find
quote
#38
only edit3 is included in bios, advanced settings are visible
find
quote
#39
Please give me your detailed test results from each BIOS I sent
Example >> Boot2T1.rom - brick, can't enter BIOS - OR can enter BIOS, do see x2 boot menu
Example >> Boot2T2.rom - brick, can't enter BIOS - OR can enter BIOS, no boot menu x2, only one boot menu
Example >> Boot3ChipTest.rom - brick, can't enter BIOS / Can enter BIOS, no chipset menu
Example >> Boot3ADVSW.rom - can enter BIOS, new advanced menu visible.

Thank you, I need to know full detailed comments from your test on each one, so I know exactly what does or doesn't work on which BIOS, so I know what method to use to move forward
find
quote
#40
Boot2T1.rom - brick, can't enter BIOS
Boot2T2.rom - brick, can't enter BIOS
Boot3ChipTest.rom - brick, can't enter BIOS
Boot3ADVSW.rom - can enter BIOS, new advanced menu visible
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)