Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14007
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 108
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424481
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3624
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 288
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 209
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 311
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224579
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119176
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 275
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6791
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 413
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309739
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61968
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20281
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169343
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6354
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 829
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5800

[REQUEST] BIOS supervisor password removal for a Lenovo E540
#1
hi guys
sorry I don't know where to post this
I search everywhere for about 8 month to how to remove supervisor password and got nothing out of it.
lenovo said I have to replace motherboard and .....

I set supervisor password ( I think 3 charechter or 3word3number3word like XXX540XXX ) and hard disk password (3 character ) and i forgot SU password I used hiren boot cd 15.2 but nothing works
I set HDD AND SU two separate password i know the HDD pass cause I had to enter it every time to use laptop but I forgot su password sadly this was the second time i forgot the su password last time i set it like (hmd) and after update it to 2.27 i change t something i don't remember

PLEASE HELP ME REMOVE THE SU PASSWORK.
thanks in advanced

I have 
LENOVO THINKPAD E540 laptop
system model 20C600ABUE
with BOIS Version J9ETA2WW (2.88) 2018-06-20 - i update it myself*
SMBIOS VERSION 2.7

*-------------lenovo readm file regarding 2.88 bios update-----------------------
BIOS: 2.28/ ECP:2.27
This release includes following changes for E440,E540.
[New functions or enhancements]
- Security fix addresses LEN-22133 Speculative Execution Side Channel Variants 4 and 3a (CVE-2018-3639, CVE-2018-3640).
Summary of Changes

  Where: <   >        Package version
         UEFI:        UEFI BIOS version
         ECP:         Embedded Controller Program version
         [Important]  Important update
         (New)        New function or enhancement
         (Fix)        Correction to existing function

Memory Map Information
----------------------


Reserved Area:
The following conventional memory addresses are reserved by the UEFI BIOS and
others.

  C0000-CFFFF : Reserved for Video BIOS
  D0000-D0FFF : Reserved for Option ROM of Ethernet (*a)
  E0000-FFFFF : Reserved for System BIOS

  *a: This area will be released in case of Ethernet LAN Option ROM was NOT used
      at system boot.


Usable Area:
The following memory address can be used by the memory manager such as EMM386.

  D0000-DFFFF or D1000-DFFFF (*b)

  *b: Memory address will be changed to D1000-DFFFF when Ethernet LAN Option ROM
      was used at system boot.

  Note:
  Certain addresses in this area will be reserved for optional devices by
  Operating Systems. The addresses vary and depend on the design of each
  Operating System.


-------------------------------------
find
quote
#2
Make a current dump BIOS.
find
quote
#3
(02-17-2019, 09:45 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Make a current dump BIOS.

HOW??
find
quote
#4
Current dump of BIOS will not help.
You need to read Security EEPROM (USROM1) by hardware programmer. E.g. CH341A and SOIC8-clip.
BTW: How much new motherboard is cost?
find
quote
#5
(02-17-2019, 11:02 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Current dump of BIOS will not help.
You need to read Security EEPROM (USROM1) by hardware programmer. E.g. CH341A and SOIC8-clip.
BTW: How much new motherboard is cost?

I don't know exactly how much it cost - i just ask question on community forum.
where can i get one of E.g. CH341A and SOIC8-clip? and  how much i cost me?
if I buy and read the Security EEPROM with what ever programmer WILL I COULD wipe SU PASSWORD without and damage?
IS THERE a guarantee?
and how can i find EEPROM on my motherboard? i mean how can i locate them?
find
quote
#6
Too many questions. I think you can't do it.
Go to service.
find
quote
#7
It's the smaller chip next to the 2 bios chips. It says something like "L01 8" (do not remember) Pretty much exactly under the buttom cover for the HDD.
So would have to disassembly the whole device to get next to the chip (if I remember right).
find
quote
#8
Smile Hello, I'd appreciate if someone could help me unlock my BIOS settings in order to activate Intel VT-x feature. The unedited, original BIOS dump is in the attachments section.


Attached Files
.bin   biosreg.bin (Size: 4 MB / Downloads: 3)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)