Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 76
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424336
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3600
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 262
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 194
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 293
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224266
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119155
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 266
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6774
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 388
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309652
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61950
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 607
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20262
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169232
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6317
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 809
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5778
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61174

[REQUEST] Dell Alienware 17 (Mid 2013) BIOS Unlock
#61
Good afternoon, can I please have this bios unlocked?
Bios is here 
http://www.dell.com/support/home/au/en/a...egoryId=BI

I will take photos of the tabs and then upload in a sec
Also, is there a way to prevent the power adapter detection in the bios?
find
quote
#62
(09-28-2017, 02:29 AM)adrian91 Wrote: Good afternoon, can I please have this bios unlocked?
Bios is here 
http://www.dell.com/support/home/au/en/a...egoryId=BI

I will take photos of the tabs and then upload in a sec
Also, is there a way to prevent the power adapter detection in the bios?
Hi ALL mods is personal
first make bios dump
find
quote
#63
(09-28-2017, 03:11 AM)Dudu2002 Wrote:
(09-28-2017, 02:29 AM)adrian91 Wrote: Good afternoon, can I please have this bios unlocked?
Bios is here 
http://www.dell.com/support/home/au/en/a...egoryId=BI

I will take photos of the tabs and then upload in a sec
Also, is there a way to prevent the power adapter detection in the bios?
Hi ALL mods is personal
first make bios dump
Thank you
Would you be able to point me to the tools/steps please? I saw some of the links posted but they seem to no longer be active

Images of tab https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9lnQU...TdSS3J1MFk
find
quote
#64
Hi,
Would it be possible to get the same PM or help, as I have the same laptop (Alienware 17 R1 - InsydeH20 A14.)
I need access to switch the default graphics card.

Thanks
find
quote
#65
Is anyone aware of a unlocked bios for this version? I can´t find any.
I need one because I want to use an eGPU but my current BIOS lack´s the options I need.

I am thankful for every comment.
find
quote
#66
Hello everyone,

I'm kinda new here and don't have much idea with BIOS. Can someone help me unlock the BIOS? I need to enable the hot-plug for the PCIe port and disable the dGPU but I can't find any settings on the bios. This is needed for trying to work with my eGPU.

I have the Alienware 17, GTX 765m, i7-MQ4700. 
Here is the DXDIAG spec on my Alienware:
http://prntscr.com/miosng

The bios link to mod:
https://www.dell.com/support/home/ph/en/...ienware-17

Bios dump(I'm not sure if this is the bios dump but I have used the Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0 for it.):
https://www.mediafire.com/file/h576mfijd...8.rom/file

Thank you and please let me know if I made a mistake with the bios dump.
find
quote
#67
(02-09-2019, 02:25 AM)Ckologne Wrote: Hello everyone,

I'm kinda new here and don't have much idea with BIOS. Can someone help me unlock the BIOS? I need to enable the hot-plug for the PCIe port and disable the dGPU but I can't find any settings on the bios. This is needed for trying to work with my eGPU.

I have the Alienware 17, GTX 765m, i7-MQ4700. 
Here is the DXDIAG spec on my Alienware:
http://prntscr.com/miosng

Thank you and please let me know if I made a mistake with the bios dump.
Hi
Your mod completed.
Check your messages

This mod for this notebook ONLY !!!
find
quote
#68
(06-16-2015, 06:15 PM)aztm22 Wrote: I have a Alienware 17 R5 (Mid 2013)

now i want to be able to unlock some bios settings if someone can be kind to help me with this


THE BIOS UPDATE FILE CAN BE FOUND HERE:
http://www.dell.com/support/home/ca/en/c...egoryId=BI

Hi I have a 17 R5 as well, with the i9 core and want to mod the BIOS to allow the use of 64GB.
I have no idea how to go about this.
find
quote
#69
I have a Dell Alienware 17 R5. All I know about the BIOS version is that it's an AMI UEFI BIOS and calls itself "Aptio Setup Utility" and the version number is "1.8.1" . I'd like to unlock the BIOS to override some DRAM settings so I can install 64GB of RAM into my machine. Also, I'd like to tweak my laptop's performance.

I am willing to use AMI BIOS "hacking" utilities, but, I'm no expert when it comes to the internals of a UEFI BIOS, and so I don't really know what I'm doing :/

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

jdb2

EDIT #1 : I've attached the latest BIOS installer executable


Attached Files
.zip   Alienware_15_R4_17_R5_1.8.1.zip (Size: 6.4 MB / Downloads: 7)
find
quote
#70
I am looking for an unlocked BIOS for my Alienware 17 mid 2013 (R5 I think).  The factory GPU (GTX780M) died and I would like to install a GTX 980M.  I have the stock Dell AW BIOS version A16.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)