Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 806
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108089
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1316
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3544
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9220
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8771
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14370
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425676
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3848
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 538
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 726
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227743
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119727
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 391
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7003
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 627
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310642
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62234

[REQUEST] Dell Inspiron 15R 5537 BIOS Unlock
#1
Hi, everyone. I would like to request a modded/unlock BIOS for my Dell laptop with InsydeH20 EFI. I downloaded the BIOS file contained in an executable archive (inside the compressed executable is the Insyde flashing utility), opened and modified it with Phoenix Mod Tools v2.50 (also tried with v2.51 b1 & b2). The BIOS executable is named 5537A06.exe

It then generated a modified executable called 5537A06_SLIC.exe. I run it in Windows, the flashing utility starts the procedure, the laptop reboots but then I always get a "Invalid Firmware Image" error before flashing the new BIOS. No alternative is given besides pressing a key to reboot. It doesn't brick the laptop, though.

Is this Insyde BIOS unlockable/moddable? I would like to unlock some advanced menus, like fixed/dynamic graphics mode, or any other useful menu which can be unlocked. I guess the "Main" tab could be replaced. Info:


Make & Model: Dell Inspiron 15R-5537
BIOS type: InsydeH20 EFI
BIOS link: http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER01774535M/1/5537A06.exe
SLIC: Dell 2.1
BIOS Recovery filename (according to Phoenix SLIC Mod tool): VBW00X64.F?
BIOS Setup menus screenshots are attached

Thanks in advance.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
                   
find
quote
#2
(02-14-2014, 12:14 PM)ksio89 Wrote: Hi, everyone. I would like to request a modded/unlock BIOS for my Dell laptop with InsydeH20 EFI. I downloaded the BIOS file contained in an executable archive (inside the compressed executable is the Insyde flashing utility), opened and modified it with Phoenix Mod Tools v2.50 (also tried with v2.51 b1 & b2). The BIOS executable is named 5537A06.exe

It then generated a modified executable called 5537A06_SLIC.exe. I run it in Windows, the flashing utility starts the procedure, the laptop reboots but then I always get a "Invalid Firmware Image" error before flashing the new BIOS. No alternative is given besides pressing a key to reboot. It doesn't brick the laptop, though.

Is this Insyde BIOS unlockable/moddable? I would like to unlock some advanced menus, like fixed/dynamic graphics mode, or any other useful menu which can be unlocked. I guess the "Main" tab could be replaced. Info:


Make & Model: Dell Inspiron 15R-5537
BIOS type: InsydeH20 EFI
BIOS link: http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER01774535M/1/5537A06.exe
SLIC: Dell 2.1
BIOS Recovery filename (according to Phoenix SLIC Mod tool): VBW00X64.F?
BIOS Setup menus screenshots are attached

Thanks in advance.

Hi friend,
use this tool to backup your bios from Eeprom, run it as Administrator and upload result.
Your bios use Insyde Secure Flash lock to prevent any modification, so It needs to bypass this one.
I don't know if You find in Menu Tabs unlocked what are U finding, but will try to do and U will learn something too.
Your method is good, better is to extract before the original bos, so if U use 7vZip or winrar U can etract an me.bin file this is bios ! there is only a problem Dell encapsuled and packed it into an utility to flash FPT and there isn't any possibility to extract it pure, so we have to bypass it using FPT directlyon Eeprom !
Then we get a backup of your rom and the modded file It could be used only for your laptop as It will have into all your informations anl probably It will brick Others laptops if used (this is a brief lection).
In this case Pray as always very diffcult with ths UEFI bios !
regards

http://rghost.net/52417082

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#3
Well, here is the result: http://www.sendspace.com/file/zmh53x. According to the logs, there seems to be some write protection. Do you you also need the me.bin file? Thanks in advance.
find
quote
#4
I have the same problem, Donovan unlocked the A07 version but there is some protection I suppose since I'm getting the same error. We share the same bios (5537/5737/3737).
find
quote
#5
(02-18-2014, 07:05 AM)ksio89 Wrote: Well, here is the result: http://www.sendspace.com/file/zmh53x. According to the logs, there seems to be some write protection. Do you you also need the me.bin file? Thanks in advance.

Try this

http://dl.felipejfc.com/bios%20mods/menu...IPEJFC.zip

Report

<div style="background-color: #f9f9f9">
http://felipejfc.com
</div>
find
quote
#6
Thanks for the help, mate! But before I flash and risk bricking my laptop, do you know any recovery procedure? I think it's worth knowing that before flashing the modified BIOS. Thanks again.
find
quote
#7
It will not brick your computer, I've done this many times before and I already know what bricks computers, also, yes, there is a recovery procedure, so be cool

<div style="background-color: #f9f9f9">
http://felipejfc.com
</div>
find
quote
#8
Sure, thanks for being so helpful. Well, I am a layperson regarding this subject, but I guess there's always a risk, even if minimal, when messing with BIOS.

And of course I'm aware you have absolutely no responsibility for any unwanted effect, I just like to be careful. I'll perform the procedure, if I run into any issues, I'll give you reply. Thank you once more.
find
quote
#9
I'll be waiting for the success feedback Smile

<div style="background-color: #f9f9f9">
http://felipejfc.com
</div>
find
quote
#10
No success Sad , I guess Insyde Secure Flash is still preventing overwriting the firmware. I took this picture while in DOS environment:

[Image: Flash_error1_zps1d755cb3.jpg]

Well, I don't know if there is anything else to try, feel free to keep trying to find a workaround. If there's not, it's fine.

Anyway, I guess you must be very busy, thank you very much for spending some of your time to help me.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)