Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424169
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3560
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 222
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 254
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223818
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119104
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6741
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 356
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309521
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61906
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 569
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20223
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169161
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6267
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 772
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5739
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61118
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274953

[REQUEST] Dell Inspiron M5110 BIOS Unlock
#1
Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron M5110 and I would like an unlocked bios please with an Unlocked menu. It's an Aptio bios just to inform you so I'm not sure if there are tools for it, and since this has an M in the model number, it's AMD Based. I would like an option to have the fan be constantly on even when below a certain temperature and increase it's speed like it does normally as temps get higher. The fan completely shuts down at about 50Degrees C and I'd like to keep things cool. For overclocking, FSB ocing would be great as I can set multipliers through software such as K10Stat also if possible, IGP OCing as well. If any of you need more info or pics just say so Tongue Thank you!
Edit: Couldn't upload the .exe so I made it into a .zip (Again: Extracted .rom from the .exe now)
Edit2: Can't upload the other bios pics (Security & boot tabs)

Download link of bios incase you don't want to download any of the attachments. http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/e...erid=12NV4


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
           

.zip   M5110A05.zip (Size: 1.73 MB / Downloads: 9)
.rom   m5110a05.rom (Size: 2 MB / Downloads: 14)
find
quote
#2
Well since I don't think anyone could be bothered modding a dell bios (I don't blame you), I opened the bios with AMIBCP v4.53 and it said "Some BIOS strings exceeds the maximum length (0x400). Setup tab and BIOS strings tab will not be shown. I saw that there was "System Configuration Options"(#16) and on the text strings of that it said "To Be Filled by O.E.M". Does that mean there are no hidden options? Also, there was an interesting "UNDEFINED" part in the DMI Tables (#29) that said "Onboard IGD" in it's text strings, does that mean there's a possible chance I could switch from the 6620g iGPU to the 6470m? If someone wants to help me out, I'll be gladly appreciated Smile
find
quote
#3
Sad 
Hi, people! I have Dell Inspiron M5110 laptop with AMI BIOS.
The chipset in it AMD A68M (Hudson-M3L) supports SATA III, but this mode is locked in the BIOS. Who can help with the unlock? And I have several problems:

1. SATA-III mode is locked in BIOS.

installed BIOS version A03
find
quote
#4
I think you can attach the bios dump from your machine ,not always ask and no any useful stuff or information provided.

If bios version is A05 like post#1 on this thread , i can tell you which variable you need to change on GRUB shell environment without flash modified bios ,then you can enable sataIII speed.

find
quote
#5
(03-06-2020, 12:22 PM)genius239 Wrote: I think you can attach the bios dump from your machine ,not always ask and no any useful stuff  or information provided.

If bios version is A05 like post#1 on this thread , i can tell you which variable you need to change on GRUB shell environment without flash modified bios ,then you can enable sataIII speed.

Hello! this is my BIOS dump A05. please help me unlock SATA 6Gb / s speed if possible.
North Bridge: AMD K12 IMC
South Bridge: AMD A68M (Hudson-M3L)

Attached a BIOS dump in the message



[Image: IMG-20200309-155451.jpg] [Image: IMG-20200309-155458.jpg] [Image: IMG-20200309-155511.jpg] [Image: IMG-20200309-155515.jpg] [Image: IMG-20200309-155518.jpg]


Attached Files
.rom   DellInc.-A05.rom (Size: 2 MB / Downloads: 3)
find
quote
#6
(03-09-2020, 10:24 AM)soleilnika1087 Wrote:
(03-06-2020, 12:22 PM)genius239 Wrote: I think you can attach the bios dump from your machine ,not always ask and no any useful stuff  or information provided.

If bios version is A05 like post#1 on this thread , i can tell you which variable you need to change on GRUB shell environment without flash modified bios ,then you can enable sataIII speed.

Hello! this is my BIOS dump A05. please help me unlock SATA 6Gb / s speed if possible.
North Bridge: AMD K12 IMC
South Bridge: AMD A68M (Hudson-M3L)

Attached a BIOS dump in the message



[Image: IMG-20200309-155451.jpg] [Image: IMG-20200309-155458.jpg] [Image: IMG-20200309-155511.jpg] [Image: IMG-20200309-155515.jpg] [Image: IMG-20200309-155518.jpg]

Download this and view readme.txt to know how change variable on grub shell.

find
quote
#7
hi.
thanks! I'll see now
How to boot into GRUB mode from a flash drive? I can’t
[Image: IMG_20200310_155852_800.jpg][Image: i.gif]
I press the C key


[Image: IMG_20200310_155008_800.jpg][Image: i.gif]

I created a bootable USB flash drive, then copied the EFI folder to the USB flash drive,
attached photo.
I do not have UEFI in BIOS

maybe I'm doing something wrong?
find
quote
#8
I don't know why you see this Super Grub2 menu??
Under normal states you boot usb flash device as uefi mode you can directly access Grub shell, like your image2 shown interface.
But in image2 the command line seems like unavailable ,why?

You should try press enter on every sections on super grub2 menu to test access grub shell.
"Extra GRUB2 functionality" you may try.

How you boot this usb device ? could you explain in detail?
Press f12 or esc can see boot menu when the machine was boot on dell pc or laptop ,you can choose uefi xxxdevice name to boot as uefi mode.

find
quote
#9
If you still can't access grub shell ,we can try another method to change variable.
Visit this link and to find "Part 2 - EFI Shell - AMISetupWrite" ,use this tool to change variable that i told you 0xE5 and 0xE7.

find
quote
#10
(03-10-2020, 09:40 PM)genius239 Wrote: If you still can't access grub shell ,we can try another method to change variable.
Visit this link and to find "Part 2 - EFI Shell - AMISetupWrite" ,use this tool to change variable that i told you 0xE5 and 0xE7.

Hello!
I formatted the bootable USB flash drive in FAT32 format. then moved the EFI folder to the USB flash drive.
the BIOS starts the first start from USB now

information attached to the photo,
on board Windows 10 pro x64

I can’t load the USB flash drive in UEFI mode into the BIOS
BIOS is old

[Image: IMG-20200311-105216.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20200311-105245.jpg]
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)