Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 21
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424228
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3564
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 227
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 166
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 257
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223931
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119110
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 241
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6745
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 360
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309557
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61908
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 572
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20228
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169172
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6273
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 776
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5743
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61125

[REQUEST/HELP] Gigabyte B360 HD3P modify Aperture Size
#1
Hi everyone!

This is my first time BIOS modding and I'm looking for some help. I want to modify the "Graphics Aperture Size" of the onboard graphics on my Gigabyte B360 HD3P. Unfortunately, the settings does not have any way for this value to be customized.

Here are some references on what this setting does and how it works:
https://www.techarp.com/bios-guide/graph...ture-size/
https://www.intel.ca/content/www/ca/en/s...ivers.html

Here's a link to the latest version (F13) of this BIOS, which is based on AMI V, released on 2019/06/27 https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/B..._f13_n.zip

By default, this motherboard seems to set this value to 256MB, but I would like this bumped up to at least 1024MB and as high as 2048MB.

As a first-time BIOS modder, it would be a great learning experience for me to do this on my own with your guidance, but if you prefer to do this yourself, you are very welcome, any form of help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks Smile
find
quote
#2
You could find option "Aperture Size" in Chipset tab.

find
quote
#3
(11-12-2019, 06:38 AM)genius239 Wrote: You could find option "Aperture Size" in Chipset tab.

Unfortunately, like I mentioned, there is no such option that can be configured in the BIOS, which is the problem I want to solve. Either:
- Unlock said option so it can be configured
- Hardcode needed value so it's always set the way I want it
find
quote
#4
(11-12-2019, 02:55 PM)ambyjkl Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 06:38 AM)genius239 Wrote: You could find option "Aperture Size" in Chipset tab.

Unfortunately, like I mentioned, there is no such option that can be configured in the BIOS, which is the problem I want to solve. Either:
- Unlock said option so it can be configured
- Hardcode needed value so it's always set the way I want it

Ok ,i see.
Use this tool to backup current bios and attach it.(Run dump.bat as administrator).
I would try edit it.

find
quote
#5
(11-13-2019, 05:01 AM)genius239 Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 02:55 PM)ambyjkl Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 06:38 AM)genius239 Wrote: You could find option "Aperture Size" in Chipset tab.

Unfortunately, like I mentioned, there is no such option that can be configured in the BIOS, which is the problem I want to solve. Either:
- Unlock said option so it can be configured
- Hardcode needed value so it's always set the way I want it

Ok ,i see.
Use this tool to backup current  bios and attach it.(Run dump.bat as administrator).
I would  try edit it.

Hey @genius239, thanks for helping Smile. Here is the dumped bios https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bpDFAWc...sp=sharing
find
quote
#6
(11-13-2019, 11:24 AM)ambyjkl Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 05:01 AM)genius239 Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 02:55 PM)ambyjkl Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 06:38 AM)genius239 Wrote: You could find option "Aperture Size" in Chipset tab.

Unfortunately, like I mentioned, there is no such option that can be configured in the BIOS, which is the problem I want to solve. Either:
- Unlock said option so it can be configured
- Hardcode needed value so it's always set the way I want it

Ok ,i see.
Use this tool to backup current  bios and attach it.(Run dump.bat as administrator).
I would  try edit it.

Hey @genius239, thanks for helping Smile. Here is the dumped bios https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bpDFAWc...sp=sharing

Hi~~
Try my modded.
http://katfile.com/bzwyoz39smka/B360_HD3P_1.rar.html

find
quote
#7
(11-13-2019, 09:18 PM)genius239 Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 11:24 AM)ambyjkl Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 05:01 AM)genius239 Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 02:55 PM)ambyjkl Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 06:38 AM)genius239 Wrote: You could find option "Aperture Size" in Chipset tab.

Unfortunately, like I mentioned, there is no such option that can be configured in the BIOS, which is the problem I want to solve. Either:
- Unlock said option so it can be configured
- Hardcode needed value so it's always set the way I want it

Ok ,i see.
Use this tool to backup current  bios and attach it.(Run dump.bat as administrator).
I would  try edit it.

Hey @genius239, thanks for helping Smile. Here is the dumped bios https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bpDFAWc...sp=sharing

Hi~~
Try my modded.
http://katfile.com/bzwyoz39smka/B360_HD3P_1.rar.html
find
quote
#8
(11-14-2019, 08:09 PM)ambyjkl Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 09:18 PM)genius239 Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 11:24 AM)ambyjkl Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 05:01 AM)genius239 Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 02:55 PM)ambyjkl Wrote: Unfortunately, like I mentioned, there is no such option that can be configured in the BIOS, which is the problem I want to solve. Either:
- Unlock said option so it can be configured
- Hardcode needed value so it's always set the way I want it

Ok ,i see.
Use this tool to backup current  bios and attach it.(Run dump.bat as administrator).
I would  try edit it.

Hey @genius239, thanks for helping Smile. Here is the dumped bios https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bpDFAWc...sp=sharing

Hi~~
Try my modded.
http://katfile.com/bzwyoz39smka/B360_HD3P_1.rar.html

@genius239, you're a genius indeed, it worked like a charm Smile. Check your paypal, enjoy the 20 bucks i sent you Big Grin.

Something I found interesting is the 2048M option doesn't work: it fails and falls back to 1024M. About your request for me to test flash the F13 bios, I should have mentioned earlier, but I'm on Linux, so I used a tool called flashrom instead of the Efiflash.exe you sent me. I actually don't have access to windows on this computer since it's a remote server which comes with linux, hence there is no way for me to test Efiflash.exe for you, sorry about that :/
find
quote
#9
(11-14-2019, 08:19 PM)ambyjkl Wrote:
(11-14-2019, 08:09 PM)ambyjkl Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 09:18 PM)genius239 Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 11:24 AM)ambyjkl Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 05:01 AM)genius239 Wrote: Ok ,i see.
Use this tool to backup current  bios and attach it.(Run dump.bat as administrator).
I would  try edit it.

Hey @genius239, thanks for helping Smile. Here is the dumped bios https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bpDFAWc...sp=sharing

Hi~~
Try my modded.
http://katfile.com/bzwyoz39smka/B360_HD3P_1.rar.html

@genius239, you're a genius indeed, it worked like a charm Smile. Check your paypal, enjoy the 20 bucks i sent you Big Grin.

Something I found interesting is the 2048M option doesn't work: it fails and falls back to 1024M. About your request for me to test flash the F13 bios, I should have mentioned earlier, but I'm on Linux, so I used a tool called flashrom instead of the Efiflash.exe you sent me. I actually don't have access to windows on this computer since it's a remote server which comes with linux, hence there is no way for me to test Efiflash.exe for you, sorry about that :/


Good news~~i'm glad this modded can help you.

About Efiflash.exe it should be run in dos environment , so you can make a dos bootable usb device t ,boot this device then going to dos .

find
quote
#10
(11-14-2019, 08:29 PM)genius239 Wrote:
(11-14-2019, 08:19 PM)ambyjkl Wrote:
(11-14-2019, 08:09 PM)ambyjkl Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 09:18 PM)genius239 Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 11:24 AM)ambyjkl Wrote: Hey @genius239, thanks for helping Smile. Here is the dumped bios https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bpDFAWc...sp=sharing

Hi~~
Try my modded.
http://katfile.com/bzwyoz39smka/B360_HD3P_1.rar.html

@genius239, you're a genius indeed, it worked like a charm Smile. Check your paypal, enjoy the 20 bucks i sent you Big Grin.

Something I found interesting is the 2048M option doesn't work: it fails and falls back to 1024M. About your request for me to test flash the F13 bios, I should have mentioned earlier, but I'm on Linux, so I used a tool called flashrom instead of the Efiflash.exe you sent me. I actually don't have access to windows on this computer since it's a remote server which comes with linux, hence there is no way for me to test Efiflash.exe for you, sorry about that :/


Good news~~i'm glad this modded can help you.

About Efiflash.exe it should be run in dos environment , so you can make a dos bootable usb device t ,boot this device then going to dos .

I'll see if there is a way I can get into a dos enviroment, and let you know how the flashing goes.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)