Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
Yesterday 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6516
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
Yesterday 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 120
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308176
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61531
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 297
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 19933
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168390
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 5961
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 511
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5465
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60711
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274661
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 640
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24611
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 693485
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: D_M_A
09-18-2026 05:49 AM
» Replies: 257
» Views: 173966
HP DV6-6031er WiFi White list
Last Post: NVTNovo
09-16-2026 09:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 917
HP15BA030 BIOS Freischalten für Advanced...
Last Post: Andyowl
09-16-2026 01:35 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 506
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IMH0...
Last Post: Silver Pegasus
09-16-2026 09:53 AM
» Replies: 66
» Views: 59520
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire V5-572(P,G) BIOS U...
Last Post: Majestik
09-15-2026 03:01 PM
» Replies: 42
» Views: 43054

[REQUEST] HP 3141sl CPU "upgrade"
#1
Hi to everyone!
I am Marco from Italy.
I have a request for anyone who can help me on this forum.
I have a hp Pavilion dv6 model/series 3141sl
Recently I have bought a CPU (an i7 640M) to make an "upgrade" (the i7 640M is almost similiar to my i7 720qm but it should generate less heat), but with my bios I can not start anything (black screen).

I mount on my laptop motherboard (actually) a i7 720qm cpu, the mobo, instead, is an hp da0lx6mb6h1 rev h.
Yesterday, from this site, I downloaded the modded bios sp55299_AdvancedMenu_ByCamiloml that works greats and unlock everything but... Still my laptop with i7 640m on don't start and show only a black screen.

The original bios was hp F29 of november 21 2011 and it is at this link: https://whp-aus1.cold.extweb.hp.com/pub/...p55299.exe 

I attached the screenshot and a report to this post.

I am not sure for a donor bios... 
I think that the Hp dv6 models are  only a "cutted" version of dv7 models that are very similar. 
I am also almost sure that the HP Elite series have a full compatibility with i7 640M cpu but my knowlwdge are limited on this field.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor english

Best regards

- Marco
find
quote
#2
Post a screenshot of third (Mainboard) tab of CPU-Z with supported CPU.

1. Take USB stick and format to FAT32
2. Create directory structure EFI\Boot
3. Download and unzip bootx64.7z
4. Put BOOTX64.EFI to Boot directory.
5. Boot from this USB stick
6. Run command:
setup_var 0x20A
7. Make and post foto of the screen with result.
find
quote
#3
Now black screen
find
quote
#4
not informative
find
quote
#5
I have prepared the USB stick, changed the boot sequence for boot from USB and the laptop now is stuck. It does not boot at all give me only a black screen. After few minutes also the CPU fan turns off.
find
quote
#6
Do you use old CPU? Can you boot from HDD now?
find
quote
#7
Yes I have used old CPU the i7 720qm. No it does not boot from HD at all. Only black screen with the power led on
find
quote
#8
1) remove AC jack, Main Battery, and CMOS Battery
2) remove HDD and all DIMMs
3) wait 10 mins
4) press and hold power button for 30 sec.
5) install CMOS Battery and one DIMM only, inject AC jack (without Main Battery!)
6) try to boot your laptop.
find
quote
#9
OK. Now I'll try. I have attached the manual with the official supported CPU
find
quote
#10
Now it "starts" for two seconds (always black screen) then also the system (also the led and fan) shut down. I'll try again
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)