Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14005
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424478
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3623
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 286
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 208
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 308
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224569
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119176
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 274
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6790
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 409
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309735
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61967
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 625
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20281
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169342
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6354
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 828
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5800

[REQUEST] HP Compaq 6730b BIOS Unlock
#11
Can you or anyone else help me un-brick this laptop?

I've connected my CH341A to the EEPROM (SST25VF016B) and read the IC with ASProgrammer, and confirmed that the full BIOS rom you provided was correctly flashed into the memory. Next I tried to write the original BIOS back into the EEPROM but now ASProgrammer provides me an error saying the EEPROM is Write-Protected. I next attempted to remove write protection using the "Unprotect" button in ASProgrammer but that failed as well.

I figured that maybe the custom BIOS was preventing the flash from working, so I next wiped the IC, which worked and replaced all bytes in the EEPROM with F's. Unfortunately I still cannot Unprotect the EEPROM nor can I write the original BIOS to the EEPROM. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Edit: I should also add that I have made a USB BIOS recovery media which also failed to boot and restore the original BIOS. At this point I don't know what to do as pressing the power button does completely nothing now, not even spin up the fans let alone the display. I assume this is because I wiped the corrupted BIOS, but I guess there's really no difference between having a corrupted BIOS and not having a BIOS...
find
quote
#12
(10-31-2021, 01:37 PM)Maxinator500 Wrote:
(10-31-2021, 01:06 PM)HP_ENVY_User_32 Wrote: Did you create this BIOS?
It was me. Also, want to tell that I'm definitely not a reputable modder as dealing with me users often brick their devices.

Are you able to provide any support for this issue?
find
quote
#13
(11-01-2021, 10:36 PM)HP_ENVY_User_32 Wrote: Are you able to provide any support for this issue?
Tie VDD pin to WP# pin. It'll make WP# pin to be driven high and disable write protection registers.
Provided that the software you are using works correctly and the programmer operates with the chip at a proper voltage, I think everything should work out.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)