Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6418
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14049
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424577
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3659
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 330
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 238
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 348
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224916
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119213
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 302
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6820
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 444
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309845
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62010
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 661
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20321
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169449
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6394
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 867

[REQUEST] HP Compaq Presario CQ40-313BR Whitelist Removal
#1
I have a really old HP Compaq Presario CQ40-313BR with Insyde BIOS F.66 and I wish to remove the whitelist so that I can replace the wifi card without getting the dreaded "Unsupported wireless" message on startup.

I tried hard but could not find the bios files and flasher on HP website because the model is unsupported for a long time. I also do not have the original disk that came with the notebook.

I used the Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0 to download a BIOS backup and I also used an SPI-programmer with a SOIC8 clip to download the BIOS directly from the chip, which is of model MX25L8005M2C. I don't know why, but checking with a hex diff tool I see that backups do not match exactly (although they mostly match). I don't know which of the two I would use in case I need to restore. I attached both to this request.

By searching this forum I found a reference to a bios which is perhaps close enough to mine:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48501-49000/sp48847.exe

This one was once modded by TTAV134 as discussed here, but the files (posted in 2011) are nowhere to be found.
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4396&pid=24820#pid24820

Even if the modded files are around somewhere, I don't know if they are compatible with my machine, and maybe it would be safer to mod my own bios backup files.

I tried to follow this guide https://www.bios-mods.com/wiki/How_to_Re...nsyde_BIOS to edit the bios code, and although I did found and replace the relevant bytes in the ImHex hex editor on the running EzH20 proccess, I could not complete the procedures. It seems to me that HzH20 does not perceive that changes were made by other proccess, so when I "save as.." the file is equal to the original. I tried using different versions of HzH20, but maybe it is because Windows 11 has stricter memory protections? Don't really know.

Anyway, I noticed that there is still someone else reading this forum in 2023. Maybe you can point me in the right direction? Thank you in advance.


Attached Files
.bin   cq40-13-MX25L8005 (from spi programmer).bin (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 0)
.rom   cq40-Insyde-F.66 (from universal bios backup tool).rom (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 1)
find
quote
#2
Now I can say for sure that the BIOS currently installed is this one:

Insyde BIOS F.66 REV: A
https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48501-4...48847.html
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48501-49000/sp48847.exe

To be more specific, it is the 30F7F66U.FD variation that is running.

I know that now because I installed another BIOS and had to recover.

It happened that I found the modded BIOS "sp45765_NWL_ByCamiloml.exe" on the bios-mods file repository. This is for the Insyde BIOS F.55 version. I installed it on my notebook, but unfortunately it didn't work. The computer shuts down immediately when it is started.

I was able to recover my computer using the USB stick method containing the renamed file 30F7.BIN from the original 30F7F66U.FD, and all went back to normality.

I also installed the original BIOS upon which the Camilo mod is based on:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45501-4...45765.html
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45501-46000/sp45765.exe

It also didn't work, the effect was the same. I wonder whether it is not possible to downgrade from the F.66 version, I remember reading something like that in the forums.

Just for the sake of completeness, I also tried to use version F.65 of the bios (unmodded) and it didn't work either.

Unfortunately the TTAV134 mod that I mentioned before (version F.66, same as mine) is not on the file repository, and existing links on forum messages are long broken.
find
quote
#3
For me the modded BIOS sp51483_NWL_ByCamiloml did the job. It is available in the file repository https://www.bios-mods.com/BIOS/index.php?p=Whitelists

It is based on the Insyde BIOS F.67 REV: A, which is an update over my current BIOS.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp51001-5...51483.html
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp51001-51500/sp51483.exe

Unfortunately I could not mod the BIOS myself, but more importantly, the problem is solved, and a brand new Intel AX210 chipset network adapter with WiFi 6E and Bluetooth 5.2 is working flawlessly in this ancient machine.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)