Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6369
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14010
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 112
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424499
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3626
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 295
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 212
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 315
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224630
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119179
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6793
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 418
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309748
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61975
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 630
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20286
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169379
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6357
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 833

[REQUEST] HP dv2742se (sp40750)
#1
Star 
Model: HP dv2742se
Screenshots: I don't have access to the laptop just yet so I don't have any but if it's needed I can try and get it asap. But I do remember that it did not have an advanced menu.
Bios: 7.2D (sp40750)
Link: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp40501-41000/sp40750.exe

I would like to install a SSD so I need the sata menu unlocked to allow AHCI.

I'd also like the CPU menu unlocked so I can try and upgrade the CPU.

I checked that it's not RSA signed by opening with winrar (couldn't find andy's)
find
quote
#2
Hello, friend!
Your Bios's vendor is Phoenix, not InsydeH20.So Phoenix Editor Pro can to mod your rom file.I cannot find IDE\AHCI options.Google tells your laptop have Intel ICH8M chipset or pm965.It supports 800 MHz Ram and FSB so you can upgrade CPU to T8100.
HP make less informative BIOS Menu and it is very negative aspect with wifi whitelist for HP reputation.
find
quote
#3
(05-15-2015, 04:01 PM)Da Vinci Code Wrote: Hello, friend!
Your Bios's vendor is Phoenix, not InsydeH20.So Phoenix Editor Pro can to mod your rom file.I cannot find IDE\AHCI options.Google tells your laptop have Intel ICH8M chipset or pm965.It supports 800 MHz Ram and FSB so you can upgrade CPU to T8100.
HP make less informative BIOS Menu and it is very negative aspect with wifi whitelist for HP reputation.


Oh I'm sorry about that. Can a mod please move my thread to the appropriate forum then?

No IDE/AHCI option would mean if I install a SSD it would be missing a lot of the features that makes it fast right? So there's no point?

Also, I think you are correct with the chipset, Speccy tells me it's a GM965 but I'm not sure if it's any different to a pm965?

With regards to CPU, from my research the T8300 is the fastest CPU I can use. Is that correct?
find
quote
#4
Yes, it is correct.
Notice.Technological specifications of T8300: 65 nm and 35W TDP.This CPU is hot and cooling system can't working propertly.The best solution is CPUs with "P"-indexes (P8400, P8600,P9600), it have 45 nm and 25W TDP (not so hot) but system FSB is 1066 (your chipset doesn't support this frequency).
Gm965 and pm965 are different types of graphical controllers.The GM965 contains integrated video (i think it is intel 965GMA) and the pm965 contains discrete video (for example, Nvidia Go7600).You can upgrade to T-Cpu because 965GMA integrated in north bridge chip (intel GM965) and alive when temperature up to 80-90 and above.
Some intel chipsets not working in AHCI-mode.It are ICH5m, ICH6m (pm/gm865), ICH7m (pm/gm915).
ICH9m (pm/gm45) working in AHCI-mode 100%.ICH8m (pm/gm965) working in some causes.
If your laptop working in IDE-mode (default by vendor) it seems your laptop not support AHCI-mode.
find
quote
#5
(05-16-2015, 12:52 PM)Da Vinci Code Wrote: Yes, it is correct.
Notice.Technological specifications of T8300: 65 nm and 35W TDP.This CPU is hot and cooling system can't working propertly.The best solution is CPUs with "P"-indexes (P8400, P8600,P9600), it have 45 nm and 25W TDP (not so hot) but system FSB is 1066 (your chipset doesn't support this frequency).
Gm965 and pm965 are different types of graphical controllers.The GM965 contains integrated video (i think it is intel 965GMA) and the pm965 contains discrete video (for example, Nvidia Go7600).You can upgrade to T-Cpu because 965GMA integrated in north bridge chip (intel GM965) and alive when temperature up to 80-90 and above.
Some intel chipsets not working in AHCI-mode.It are ICH5m, ICH6m (pm/gm865), ICH7m (pm/gm915).
ICH9m (pm/gm45) working in AHCI-mode 100%.ICH8m (pm/gm965) working in some causes.
If your laptop working in IDE-mode (default by vendor) it seems your laptop not support AHCI-mode.


Ah I see. I'm less tempted to buy a SSD for this laptop now. Would I notice negligible difference in performance?

Regarding the CPU the current one it uses is T5450 and that's the same TDP so it should be fine but I'm not sure if it will be worth it.
find
quote
#6
The difference in performance will be great.It is strongly recommended that SSD works in AHCI-mode.If your laptop working in IDE-mode it not support AHCI with the high probability.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)