Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
M2N32-SLI Deluxe AM3 Support Request
Last Post: Alxstroi
Yesterday 11:08 PM
» Replies: 105
» Views: 71384
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 10:51 PM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 6601
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-30 (A7CNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: carmelletomato
Yesterday 07:29 PM
» Replies: 46
» Views: 22084
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Yesterday 06:04 PM
» Replies: 140
» Views: 41028
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Yesterday 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 103
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317262
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Yesterday 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101109
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Yesterday 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2526
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Yesterday 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 342
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Yesterday 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55346
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64140
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4105
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
03-27-2024 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 152
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
03-27-2024 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 102
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52236
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167337
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 244
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 336
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 150
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 135

[REQUEST] Huawei MateBook D 14 AMD (KPL-W00) BIOS Unlock.
(05-03-2019, 12:51 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: So, on the memory thing, what did they do, lock in 1GB for graphics memory or something?  Is your BIOS the same limited "One page" as shown in image at post #1?

That BIOS is a mess, and half is obfuscated so I can't see what settings I'd be enabling.  I can make these changes easily
Make visible -
BIOS Version Anti-rollback
USB Port Enable
Hardware P-states

And I can possibly make the boot tab visible, or be an added part below advanced section, unsure which way that would appear, but for this change I would only feel comfortable doing if you have flash programmer to recover in case it goes wrong.  And if you do, I'd rather edit a dump from you than the stock BIOS.  

If you do not have programmer, I can safely make those few setting above visible, if the stock flasher will let you flash in the edited BIOS

I cannot find setting related to memory or graphics memory reserved etc, these must be part of the half obfuscated settings Sad
May have better luck looking into a dumped BIOS vs the stock BIOS partial BIOS update file.  If you have programmer send me a dump
I don't have a programmer. Honestly, I just wanted to make sure that nothing weird was going on. They said that the 1 GB of ram was being used by system firmware and said that it was normal for a laptop to say "6.9 usable" when 8 gb is installed. I told them that this is different from the systems processes as it was considered unusable by windows and doesn't show up in task manager. I asked about it being dedicated to the APU, but he kept telling me that it was firmware. 

1. Do you think this is most likely dedicated to the APU?

2. What do you think are the chances that they are up to some weird Ship?
find
I only assumed it was for the onboard/APU graphics/DVMT/dGPU/iGPU, however it might not be this way, but I don't see why they'd need or actually do anything that would pull that much for BIOS/FW usage. Often if it is for the BIOS or chipset etc, it would be something like 64kb-512MB on the higher end. Ask them if they'll explain it's exact use to you.

How much memory do you see for the GPU with GPU-z, and what is the GPU? Go ahead and post an image of this, and I'll see if I still think it's being given to the GPU.

Some chipsets need memory, but I'm not sure which AMD ones do this, it's rare on Intel side too and usually like a mid-range board like H55 but even then it's reserved mainly for graphics use (even if not using onboard graphics)
find
(05-04-2019, 02:20 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: I only assumed it was for the onboard/APU graphics/DVMT/dGPU/iGPU, however it might not be this way, but I don't see why they'd need or actually do anything that would pull that much for BIOS/FW usage.  Often if it is for the BIOS or chipset etc, it would be something like 64kb-512MB on the higher end.  Ask them if they'll explain it's exact use to you.

How much memory do you see for the GPU with GPU-z, and what is the GPU?  Go ahead and post an image of this, and I'll see if I still think it's being given to the GPU.  

Some chipsets need memory, but I'm not sure which AMD ones do this, it's rare on Intel side too and usually like a mid-range board like H55 but even then it's reserved mainly for graphics use (even if not using onboard graphics)

Looks like exactly what I'm missing is what shows up in GPU-Z. I believe the Ryzen 5 2500u typically came stock set at 256 MB of VRAM and mine says 1024 MB. (Picture is included). If that is the case, it is a super weird decision to lock the bios down for just that. Let me know what you think. 

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

find
Thanks, I can't tell for sure, most places say similar to this "System shared" for speed/amount, and I see Max of 4GB at a few places, some say 2GB max
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/ra...ga-8.c3042

So this is controlled by the BIOS I'm sure, but unsure if there is/should be a default minimum amount, but it shouldn't be 1GB as a required amount
I'll dig around in the BIOS again and see if I can find something controlling this.

See if you can dump the entire BIOS with Universal BIOS backup Toolkit - this will set off virus warnings, so disable before you download and use. It's window cannot be moved, and it will freeze while running, wait while it reads and then you can close once done. Click read, then save button will appear when it's done, save the file and upload for me to check
https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details...olkit.html
find
(05-05-2019, 11:40 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Thanks,  I can't tell for sure, most places say similar to this "System shared" for speed/amount, and I see Max of 4GB at a few places, some say 2GB max
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/ra...ga-8.c3042

So this is controlled by the BIOS I'm sure, but unsure if there is/should be a default minimum amount, but it shouldn't be 1GB as a required amount
I'll dig around in the BIOS again and see if I can find something controlling this.

See if you can dump the entire BIOS with Universal BIOS backup Toolkit - this will set off virus warnings, so disable before you download and use.  It's window cannot be moved, and it will freeze while running, wait while it reads and then you can close once done.  Click read, then save button will appear when it's done, save the file and upload for me to check
https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details...olkit.html

I tried running that program to dump the bios and it seems to be unsupported for this device. All of the buttons were grayed out. I installed/ran a couple of times with the same result. I'm thinking that whatever they did to the bios might be restricting access or something.
find
I am really curious on why there is 1.1Gb reserved memory as well on this laptop. If it is any help this product is sold in China as "Huawei Honor MagicBook" (Ruilong = AMD). I think the Chinese BIOS is 荣耀_MagicBook_2019_BIOS_1.09 (KeplerR_BIOS109) at:
https://consumer-tkb.huawei.com/tkbapp/d...Id=1525143
find
Dragon2236 - It doesn't work on all systems, and it's old program, so to be expected. So "Read" button is grayed out no matter what, even if you disable your anti-virus app before running the program? Did you try running it as admin? Select it, hold shift and right click, choose run as Admin

Thanks for the BIOS t!CR=3aS2t, are you sure this is the one you are using, did you flash it? If you are not 100% sure, show me CPU-z motherboard tab on your system and I'll see if this BIOS has same ID. Actually, that file says "MagicBook" so not same, this one is "MateBook"

BIOS 1.18-1.22 are posted on the first page. Or, did you mean you want me to look at that other model MagicBook BIOS for you and see if I can find the memory reserved amount too? If yes, I need a dump from your system BIOS, I can't check the stock one on this model, so need to see if dump presents the same issues.
find
(05-30-2019, 01:56 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Dragon2236 - It doesn't work on all systems, and it's old program, so to be expected.  So "Read" button is grayed out no matter what, even if you disable your anti-virus app before running the program?  Did you try running it as admin?  Select it, hold shift and right click, choose run as Admin

Thanks for the BIOS t!CR=3aS2t, are you sure this is the one you are using, did you flash it?  If you are not 100% sure, show me CPU-z motherboard tab on your system and I'll see if this BIOS has same ID.  Actually, that file says "MagicBook" so not same, this one is "MateBook"

BIOS 1.18-1.22 are posted on the first page.  Or, did you mean you want me to look at that other model MagicBook BIOS for you and see if I can find the memory reserved amount too?  If yes, I need a dump from your system BIOS, I can't check the stock one on this model, so need to see if dump presents the same issues.

No I did not try the BIOS and not 100% sure it is the right file. The Magicbook is the Chinese version of the Matebook. As noted on reddit and a Russian forum the BIOS should be interchangeable. I posted the link to it just to see if it would help determine what to use to dump the BIOS.
find
OK, thanks. This is insyde BIOS, but I'm not sure which tool or which version will dump it fully, and good link to Insyde tools package is dead now so I can't easily link all versions of the tools that might work (H2OFFT / H20UVE) to dump the BIOS that way.

None of the packages have any flashing tools with them, what's the normal way you update the BIOS, something built into BIOS? I read the included doc, about using inf installer, but I've never seen BIOS updated that way so unsure how that works. Aside from that, is there something inside the BIOS, maybe on exit page or a hotkey that allows you to choose a BIOS file and update?

I see "Anti-Roll Back" is enabled in the BIOS, so you can't downgrade without changing that first with grub and setup_var or H2OUVE
find
(05-31-2019, 02:18 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: OK, thanks.  This is insyde BIOS, but I'm not sure which tool or which version will dump it fully, and good link to Insyde tools package is dead now so I can't easily link all versions of the tools that might work (H2OFFT / H20UVE) to dump the BIOS that way.

None of the packages have any flashing tools with them, what's the normal way you update the BIOS, something built into BIOS?  I read the included doc, about using inf installer, but I've never seen BIOS updated that way so unsure how that works.  Aside from that, is there something inside the BIOS, maybe on exit page or a hotkey that allows you to choose a BIOS file and update?

I see "Anti-Roll Back" is enabled in the BIOS, so you can't downgrade without changing that first with grub and setup_var or H2OUVE

On another note, I contacted Huawei over the 1.22 BIOS because it contains the V1.37 TPM specification which AMD said is a potential security vulnerability.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-200
find