Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
Today 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 6683
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6444
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14079
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 152
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424656
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3675
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 346
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 243
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 369
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1225187
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119239
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 313
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6835
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 460
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309920
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62035
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 678
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20339
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169498
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6424

[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whitelist Removal
Hi, I'm new in this forum, and my english knowledge is not the best.

So I have a Lenovo G510 laptop for a while, and I want to install an external GPU for it, but my bios is whitelisted.

Insyde Bios, 3.09 version
Windows 8.1
Download link: https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mob...wgq309.exe

I seen in another thread that i need to remove the chip from the motherboard to be able to read/flash the bios, and I alredy desoldered it from the motherboard. Also I bought a CH314A EEPROM programmer and a test clip.

Here is the picture, what the programmer is autodetected, and the bios file which is read from the chip:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwQf4o-J7O8LWG5zeDdkVXFEYU0&usp=sharing

The actual chip is Winbond 25Q64FV, but i don't see too much difference between them.

Can someone make a bios whitout the whitelist?

ps.: I will donate for the whitelisted bios if works.
find
quote
Hi, i want to replace the original wireless card

New: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260
Old: Broadcom 4313 PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_060914E4
My BIOS version: 79CN46WW(V3.05) -> from lenovo: https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mob...cn46ww.exe
My laptop lastes bios avalaible: https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mob...wgq309.exe


My backup: https://www.sendspace.com/file/zjortm

Backup result:
   

thanks in advance
find
quote
Hello,

could please someone Whitelist Intel Wireless AC-3160 (3160.HMWG) and Intel Wireless AC-7260 (7260.HMWWB.R) for me? 

Current WIFI Card: Qualcomm Atheros AR956x - PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_302617AA&REV_01
Current BIOS Version 3.09: https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mob...wgq309.exe
Backup from Universal BIOS Backup: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9w8tmgz9eytf84...9.rom?dl=0 (SHA1: 3e99f593d5f4dbf6da56cb51ff3180e149ef4299)

As I read on other posts my Bios seems to be write protected, so I have to flash it with a SPI flasher. Does somebody know if it is possible to use an USBASP as flasher?

And last question: Will the whitelisting just skip the vendor check so that any card will work?

Thank you very much in advance!

EDIT: I tried to patch it by my own, but I did not manage to follow the entire tutorial. On my x64 Machine I do not have the debug command. I found out that the error message is a bit different and you have to search for "Unauthorized wireless network card" in Hex: 55006E0061007500740068006F00720069007A00650064. Maybe this helps someone.
find
quote
I did a bit more research and was able to locate PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_060914E4 and PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_051A185F cards in the ROM file.
I loaded the backup .ROM file with EzH2O and searched the hex values with WinHex. Would it be now safe to just replace those hex values with the values from the Intel Cards. Save the changes and flash the modified .ROM file with SPI flasher?
find
quote
(02-09-2016, 12:52 PM)n3c Wrote: I did a bit more research and was able to locate PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_060914E4 and PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_051A185F cards in the ROM file.
I loaded the backup .ROM file with EzH2O and searched the hex values with WinHex. Would it be now safe to just replace those hex values with the values from the Intel Cards. Save the changes and flash the modified .ROM file with SPI flasher?

How do you locate that?? i have the same laptop & wifi card
find
quote
(02-10-2016, 12:58 PM)darkvier Wrote:
(02-09-2016, 12:52 PM)n3c Wrote: I did a bit more research and was able to locate PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_060914E4 and PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_051A185F cards in the ROM file.
I loaded the backup .ROM file with EzH2O and searched the hex values with WinHex. Would it be now safe to just replace those hex values with the values from the Intel Cards. Save the changes and flash the modified .ROM file with SPI flasher?

How do you locate that?? i have the same laptop & wifi card

Just open the .ROM with EzH2O and then edit the Memory of EzH2O with WinHex. In WinHex you can search for: E41427475F181A05 OR E4142747E4140906. But I do not know whether it is safe to just replace those bytes with the bytes from the new card....
find
quote
(02-10-2016, 01:09 PM)n3c Wrote: Just open the .ROM with EzH2O and then edit the Memory of EzH2O with WinHex. In WinHex you can search for: E41427475F181A05 OR E4142747E4140906. But I do not know whether it is safe to just replace those bytes with the bytes from the new card....

I dont understand when you say "and then edit the Memory of EzH2O" what do you means?

I have tried to search in the .rom backup but i didnt found the text or the pci id of wifi card

Have you tried the sleep bug? Its work for me with BIOS 3.05 and Win 7 x32 (almost the test says "write ok")
find
quote
(02-10-2016, 06:24 PM)darkvier Wrote:
(02-10-2016, 01:09 PM)n3c Wrote: Just open the .ROM with EzH2O and then edit the Memory of EzH2O with WinHex. In WinHex you can search for: E41427475F181A05 OR E4142747E4140906. But I do not know whether it is safe to just replace those bytes with the bytes from the new card....

I dont understand when you say "and then edit the Memory of EzH2O" what do you means?

I have tried to search in the .rom backup but i didnt found the text or the pci id of wifi card

Have you tried the sleep bug? Its work for me with BIOS 3.05 and Win 7 x32 (almost the test says "write ok")

Have a look at: https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-G...nsyde-BIOS

EzH2O loads the ROM into memory and you can search/edit the memory with WinHex.

Do you know if I could downgrade to 3.05 and use the sleep bug to flash modified 3.09?
find
quote
(02-11-2016, 12:30 PM)n3c Wrote:
(02-10-2016, 06:24 PM)darkvier Wrote:
(02-10-2016, 01:09 PM)n3c Wrote: Just open the .ROM with EzH2O and then edit the Memory of EzH2O with WinHex. In WinHex you can search for: E41427475F181A05 OR E4142747E4140906. But I do not know whether it is safe to just replace those bytes with the bytes from the new card....

I dont understand when you say "and then edit the Memory of EzH2O" what do you means?

I have tried to search in the .rom backup but i didnt found the text or the pci id of wifi card

Have you tried the sleep bug? Its work for me with BIOS 3.05 and Win 7 x32 (almost the test says "write ok")

Have a look at: https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-G...nsyde-BIOS

EzH2O loads the ROM into memory and you can search/edit the memory with WinHex.

Do you know if I could downgrade to 3.05 and use the sleep bug to flash modified 3.09?
I cant answer this because i have 3.05 by default and dont update it. You can try enable flashback and flash original 3.05...
https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mob...cn46ww.exe
find
quote
Could please someone help me and clarify my questions? Thanks!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)