Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
Yesterday 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 118
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Yesterday 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 116
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 180
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1222458
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118952
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 190
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6673
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 295
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309075
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61810
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 501
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20137
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168901
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6182
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 703
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5660
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60981
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274840
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 816
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24765

[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Y410p & Y510p (74CNxxWW) Whitelist Removal
#1
I've just bought the Lenovo y510p and to my horror i find out that it has the intel centrino wifi nic. The exact same thing happened to me last time with my last samsung laptop. I have a killer wifi nic and i would really like to install it, but then i see that there are some sort of whitelist in the bios of all Lenovo's. I would be so greatful if someone could post a little guide to handle my laptop.

cheers

Jakob
find
quote
#2
(11-09-2013, 10:18 AM)jakobholmelund Wrote: I've just bought the Lenovo y510p and to my horror i find out that it has the intel centrino wifi nic. The exact same thing happened to me last time with my last samsung laptop. I have a killer wifi nic and i would really like to install it, but then i see that there are some sort of whitelist in the bios of all Lenovo's. I would be so greatful if someone could post a little guide to handle my laptop.

cheers

Jakob

Backup bios for mod: http://rghost.net/48491733

From Hanoi, Vietnam
find
quote
#3
(11-09-2013, 06:52 PM)sovem Wrote: Backup bios for mod: http://rghost.net/48491733

hmm it doesn't seem to work. I get

Error 201: [FPTw64.exe] cannot be run on the current platform.
Please contact the vendor.


the first window that opens has this written in it.

Óòèëèòà ïðåäíàçíà÷åíà äëÿ cíÿòèÿ áýêàïà.
Ôàéë áýêàïà áóäåò ñîçäàí â ïàïêå çàïóñêà ôàéëà
è áóäåò èìåòü âèä BIOSBAKK_32.ROM èëè BIOSBAKK_64.ROM
â çàâèñèìîñòè îò óñòàíîâëåííîé ñèñòåìû.

×òîáû ïðîäîëæèòü, íàæìèòå Next>

=======================================================


The utility is intended for correct removal backup.
The file backup will be created in a folder
Start of a file also will look like
BIOSBAKK_32. ROM or BIOSBAKK_64. ROM depending on system.

To continue, press Next>
find
quote
#4
(11-09-2013, 08:58 PM)jakobholmelund Wrote: hmm it doesn't seem to work. I get

Error 201: [FPTw64.exe] cannot be run on the current platform.
Please contact the vendor.

Try this: Flashit_Backup_1.5v
https://app.box.com/s/f8luahnaca2mmar220ev

Run backup.bat from PURE DOS with USB-bootable.

From Hanoi, Vietnam
find
quote
#5
(11-09-2013, 09:24 PM)sovem Wrote:
(11-09-2013, 08:58 PM)jakobholmelund Wrote: hmm it doesn't seem to work with freedos nor msdos. I get

Error 201: [FPTw64.exe] cannot be run on the current platform.
Please contact the vendor.

Try this: Flashit_Backup_1.5v
https://app.box.com/s/f8luahnaca2mmar220ev

Run backup.bat from PURE DOS with USB-bootable.

Didn't work :/

Error: Create fail!

Should i set anything in the bios ?
find
quote
#6
Ok. I managed to extract my bios with Universal bios backup toolkit. But i read here http://forum.techinferno.com/lenovo-ibm/...s-mod.html that the rom contains my windows key. Is there any other way to submit my rom to you ?
find
quote
#7
Star 
-Motherboard Manufacturer and Model : Lenovo IdeaPad Y410p
-Motherboard Product: VIQY0Y1
-Bios Revision : 74CN41WW (V2.07)
-Bios Date : 08/22/2013
-Bios Type : InsydeH2O
-Bios Link : https://www.mediafire.com/?co89459bx2tjk3y
-RW-everything Report : https://www.mediafire.com/?52wgyv9z3qv76d0

My request:
Whitelist removal and if possible, Unlock advanced menu if any (to be able to select switch main GPU) and VBIOS tweak.

PS: I'm not able to download the modded BIOS from this forum thread and try myself :
http://forum.techinferno.com/lenovo-ibm/...s-mod.html
but looks very interesting!

Also, there is some more interesting information here :
http://ideapad.zol.com.cn/56/160_552088.html
regarding the ability to support other monitors (if you want to change it a LED monitor for example) or updating the vbios, etc. Remember to use Chrome or manually translate it

Thanks!
find
quote
#8
I'm curious if I can piggyback off this request. I have a 3.05 BIOS for the Lenovo Y510P that doesn't have a hardcoded Windows key. The problem is, the whitelist is preventing me from installing a wireless AC card to go with my router.

I tried using InsydeH2O to patch the whitelist entry myself, but when I try to flash the modified BIOS with fptw64, I get "Error 280: Failed to disable write protection for the BIOS space!" Tried enabling/disabling BIOS Flashback in the BIOS without success.

So far, unable to find any other utilities to flash it. Help?


EDIT: Rumor has it, the 3.05 version of the Lenovo BIOS has all sorts of protection against such things.
find
quote
#9
Huh

From Hanoi, Vietnam
find
quote
#10
(12-03-2013, 09:15 PM)sovem Wrote: Huh

I could upload the BIOS file if you wanted to look at it (and if I knew where to upload it to), but it sounds like it might be a fruitless effort, judging by the conversation at the techinferno forums. Sad
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)