Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p whitelist r...
Last Post: snowc
Today 12:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6439
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14071
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 148
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424635
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3671
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 342
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 241
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 365
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1225134
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119237
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 310
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6833
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 458
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309906
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62028
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 676
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20336
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169493
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6419

[REQUEST] Lenovo X220 (8DETxxWW) Whitelist Removal
I got the same message several times and I started the search to find the solution with another computer but when I come back to the x220
the process finished and I can not find whether the process completed successfully.
I started with Lenovo v1.46 and currently it is showing the same version number, but I can see the Advanced tab.
I do not remember Lenovo v1.46 had a Advanced tab?
How can I check the update process has completed well or not?
find
quote
(03-14-2019, 01:29 AM)Mako Yoshi Wrote: I got the same message several times and I started the search to find the solution with another computer but when I come back to the x220
the process finished and I can not find whether the process completed successfully.
I started with Lenovo v1.46 and currently it is showing the same version number, but I can see the Advanced tab.
I do not remember Lenovo v1.46 had a Advanced tab?
How can I check the update process has completed well or not?

Any fix available ?
find
quote
(03-22-2019, 08:20 AM)andre117 Wrote:
(03-14-2019, 01:29 AM)Mako Yoshi Wrote: I got the same message several times and I started the search to find the solution with another computer but when I come back to the x220
the process finished and I can not find whether the process completed successfully.
I started with Lenovo v1.46 and currently it is showing the same version number, but I can see the Advanced tab.
I do not remember Lenovo v1.46 had a Advanced tab?
How can I check the update process has completed well or not?

Any fix available ?

I am in the same situation, waiting for a fix...
find
quote
Hi all

I have an X220 with latest OEM bios 1.46 8DET76WW and me_cleaned with small -s parameter. All is working fine, Intel ME disappeared, but there is however a slight but reproducable delay in boot compared to OEM bios without me_cleaner applied. It's like a 7 extra seconds needed to have the stock lenovo OEM bios image appearing. I am quite confident the stock bios is waiting on some feedback of the disabled Intel ME. Did anyone look into these delayed boot times when me_cleaner is applied on stock bios? Would be nice if we could patch the OEM bios to get rid of the delayed boot time.

Will do some research myself this week and flash all bios versions to see if the delayed boot times are consistent for all previous bios versions.
find
quote
Where is the time / date? It can not be seen after the item of Advanced has increased.
find
quote
(05-10-2019, 02:55 AM)SUGARB0X Wrote: Where is the time / date? It can not be seen after the item of Advanced has increased.


Thought I was going crazy!!! Date Time is nowhere to be seen after flashing this modded BIOS.  What's up w/ that???? anyone?

for the record i too was getting verifying bios fail reflashing message.
find
quote
Thank you to @ValdikSS and all the other contributors.

Say I don't care about Spectre mitigation, just maximum performance: going through the stock BIOS changelog, 1.43 was the last version not to include any Spectre-related fixes, and that's the one I've been considering to flash.

I understand the modified BIOS version 1.43 and 1.46 (the newest) is basically the same patches reapplied to different stock BIOS versions with minor changes. One such change, mentioned in #381, is the Video BIOS, which was version 2119 up to and including 1.43, and version 2089 from then on, since the higher version was found to be unstable on Linux. Since I'll be using this laptop with Windows only, am I correct to assume that the higher version is otherwise preferable?

Were there any other changes to be aware of (bug fixes) between the two versions of the modified BIOS? Which version is the best to use if Spectre vulnerabilities are not a concern? Thank you for the clarification.
find
quote
Deleted
find
quote
(07-29-2018, 02:50 PM)Remmerboy Wrote: Hi
nice work on modifying bios.
but i'm getting bsod when running flash.bat for no whitelist only of a file called  winflash64.sys

update
the bsod message is "Page Fault In Nonpaged Area" and i have run memtest84 to see if it was my ram. no errors found on ram

second update
reinstalled windows and run the program right after install. no problem. it must be a config somewhere in windows that messes with bios update

Exactly the same issue for me. Needing to update to whitelist an Intel 7260 card. I've read somewhere this can be due to data execution prevention which I've tried to halt on the .exe in the bios flash folder. Going from 1.46 to latest modified on X220 tablet with 2620m on Windows 10. 

Are there any solutions found other than a fresh Windows install?

--update-- with thanks to Rambler post #396 as below. Worked for me, I wonder if it reset the UEFI BIOS Update setting perhaps. Might be useful for anyone with the same issue to try that ahead of resetting the BIOS.

"06-11-2018, 07:40 AM
Never mind.

I reset the bios to its default settings and although it still wouldn’t flash by running the flash.bat file as an admin (right click), it still flashed fine just running the flash.bat file.

All is working fine.
find
quote
Just Flashed modded BIOS 1.4.6 using Windows P.E ( i use arch BTW! )
After a few 'flash failed' 'reflashing' messages it came good in the end, thanks for the MOD
regards


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   

find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)