Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3533
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 197
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 157
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 241
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223597
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119088
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 229
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6728
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 343
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309465
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61893
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 558
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20207
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169113
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6251
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 757
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5728
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61092
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274926
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 876

[REQUEST] Lenovo X270 (R0IETxxW) Whitelist Removal
#11
Hello,

I want to disable the WWAN whitelist on my X270.

I have dumped the original BIOS firmware, applied this patch: https://github.com/digmorepaka/thinkpad-...hes_v7.txt

Code:
# LenovoWmaPolicyDxe | Lenovo Thinkpad T470/T480, maybe others | remove wwan whitelist
79E0EDD7-9D1D-4F41-AE1A-F896169E5216 10 P:0BC8394B040F8437020000:0BC8394B04E93802000000
79E0EDD7-9D1D-4F41-AE1A-F896169E5216 10 P:C8390B7516:C8390B7500
79E0EDD7-9D1D-4F41-AE1A-F896169E5216 10 P:ECA8047404:ECA804EB04

# LenovoWmaPolicyDxe | Lenovo ThinkPad X270| USB wwan whitelist | digmorepka
79E0EDD7-9D1D-4F41-AE1A-F896169E5216 10 P:8BF0418D7F01418BDF85D20F84D10000:8BF0418D7F01418BDF85D2E9D2000000
(full copy in attachments)

replaced
Code:
4C 4E 56 42 42 53 45 43 FB
with
Code:
4C 4E 56 42 42 53 45 43 FF

flashed the patched firmware, got the Advanced Menu with overclocking and all other stuff, but the WWAN whitelist is still in force - the laptop does not boot and shows error "1802: unauthorized network card" with a 3rd party card. If I put the original WWAN card the laptop boots normally.

If you know how to correctly disable the WWAN whitelist on X270 then please share.

Also there is another small issue - the laptop complains about incorrect time/date and wants me to adjust it but I could not find where to change the time/date in the patched BIOS. It is not on the 2nd tab as it was in the original BIOS (as far as I remember) and I wasn't able to find it anywhere else, could you advise how do I change the time/date?

The full model name is: 20HN0012UK SDK0J40697


Attached Files
.txt   xx70_xx80_patches_v7.txt (Size: 2.61 KB / Downloads: 2)
find
quote
#12
(04-29-2023, 08:07 AM)thinkpadx270 Wrote: Also there is another small issue - the laptop complains about incorrect time/date and wants me to adjust it but I could not find where to change the time/date in the patched BIOS. It is not on the 2nd tab as it was in the original BIOS (as far as I remember) and I wasn't able to find it anywhere else, could you advise how do I change the time/date?

this issue is resolved, see FAQ here: https://github.com/n4ru/1vyrain
Quote:Missing Date & Time in BIOS
This is a side effect of the Advanced Menu needing to go somewhere. You’re not blind. The Date & Time tab is gone. If you really need it, flash a fresh BIOS. You probably don’t though. Setting this in the OS propagates it to the BIOS, in both Windows and (all?) flavors of Linux.

But I am still interested in removing the WWAN whitelist as I haven't found a solution yet.
find
quote
#13
I've tried to replace the original modem's vendor ID and product ID with a new modem's IDs in a hex editor, but it did not help, as well as patching the updated dump with the abovementioned patches.

I've replaced about 10 occurrences of original modem's IDs with the new IDs, but laptop still reports error 1802. Then I've put back the original modem and booted the laptop with patched BIOS, and it booted normally, despite having no mentions of the original modem's vendor ID and product ID.

This means that the real whitelisted IDs are somehow hidden or encrypted.
find
quote
#14
Can someone please help bypass x270 to use a DW5811e K9CNF KCHJ5 EM7455 Sierra wwan? Or confirm that it still works for this bios version and try patching myself. I want to buy a flashing tool for this purpose.

System-manufacturer :  LENOVO
System-product-name :  20K5S07400
System-version :  ThinkPad X270 W10DG
Bios-release-date :  11/18/2022
Bios-version :  R0IET69W (1.47 )

Bios dump:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/zivh9qgva...7.rom/file

Thank you
find
quote
#15
(06-27-2023, 04:10 AM)yes Wrote: Can someone please help bypass x270 to use a DW5811e K9CNF KCHJ5 EM7455 Sierra wwan? Or confirm that it still works for this bios version and try patching myself. I want to buy a flashing tool for this purpose.

System-manufacturer :  LENOVO
System-product-name :  20K5S07400
System-version :  ThinkPad X270 W10DG
Bios-release-date :  11/18/2022
Bios-version :  R0IET69W (1.47 )

Bios dump:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/zivh9qgva...7.rom/file

Thank you
Hi
You need SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only
find
quote
#16
hello, i am new here,

i want install WWAN Sierra Wireless Airprime but can't because of whitelist

My Lenovo is

Product: Lenovo X270
CPU: Intel Core i5-7200U
Current BIOS: R0IET69W (1.47)

I would appreciate your help very much.

Regards!


here's my bios dump:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XBp5JTY...drive_link
find
quote
#17
Hi.
Model: Lenovo X270

I would like to remove the whitelist
Thanks

https://www.sendspace.com/file/6paeiz
find
quote
#18
(02-11-2024, 04:44 AM)Dnts Wrote: Hi.
Model: Lenovo X270

I would like to remove the whitelist
Thanks

https://www.sendspace.com/file/6paeiz
Hi
Incorrect dump
You need SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only
find
quote
#19
Hey, I want to install a new WWAN module but my bios doesn't allow it.
Can you help me? Thanks!

Model: Lenovo X270
BIOS Version: R0IET72w(1.50)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/vo5ma9
find
quote
#20
(02-28-2024, 11:24 AM)williamt1688 Wrote: Hey, I want to install a new WWAN module but my bios doesn't allow it.
Can you help me? Thanks!

Model: Lenovo X270
BIOS Version: R0IET72w(1.50)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/vo5ma9
Hi
Incorrect dump
Your bios is rewrite protected
You need SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)