Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14006
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424480
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3624
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 288
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 209
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 310
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224571
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119176
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 275
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6791
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 411
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309737
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61967
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20281
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169342
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6354
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 829
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5800

[*REQUEST*] Lenovo x121e (x120e,x130e) E-450 Bios unlock CPU settings
#1
Question 
Hi again. It would be very great if somebody could unlock cpu settings,voltages, fan settings ,fsb etc in bios for Lenovo x121e (same as x120e or x130e) with AMD cpu's.It looks like a Phoenix bios to me and Lenovo should have Phoenix I think, but backup tool reports it's Award? I love the laptop,it really does it's job right, but lacks few RAW mhz's extra on the cpu side which I would like to achieve when docked at home. No worries about temperatures, it runs very cool ,especially now in the winter, and I changed the thermal paste few days ago. Generous Donation will be considered upon succesfull unlock, for sure!

There is this topic, but it's not finished, no reports on the progress or anything---->> https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-U...ng-purpose

Uploaded results rar backup made with BACKUP_Tools.exe
Also uploaded backed up bios file .rom with Universal Bios Backup and official Lenovo bios.exe
Let me know if there is anything else to upload.




Little offtopic : With which tool should I be able to open and edit this bios and Lenovo bioses usually? I cant open this bios with any tool I tried. Modbin says it's not version 6, others also give errors. Phoenixtool256 opens it, but as far as I understand it's only for compiling it / compression?


Did somebody have any luck with this laptop and programs such as setfsb? If that's so,could you provide PLL number? I had the motherboard out few days ago but forgot to check it, if there is any chance that setfsb would work I can get thr motherboard out again and search for number.


Thanks to everyone!


Attached Files
.rar   results.rar (Size: 151.82 KB / Downloads: 27)
.rom   LENOVO-8RET54WW(1.17).rom (Size: 2 MB / Downloads: 37)
.rar   8quj12us.rar (Size: 4.96 MB / Downloads: 28)

find
quote
#2
Hello EjđiSixo,

I will take a look at your BIOS image tomorrow to see what can be unlocked.


EjđiSixo Wrote:Little offtopic : With which tool should I be able to open and edit this bios and Lenovo bioses usually? I cant open this bios with any tool I tried. Modbin says it's not version 6, others also give errors. Phoenixtool256 opens it, but as far as I understand it's only for compiling it / compression?

PhoenixTool is used to decompress and recompress Phoenix BIOSes. First, PhoenixTool is used to extract the BIOS image into a DUMP directory. From that directory, the necessary modules (files) are modified with a hex editor (I use HxD Free). Finally, the modules are recompressed back into a modified BIOS image ready for flashing.



EjđiSixo Wrote:Did somebody have any luck with this laptop and programs such as setfsb? If that's so,could you provide PLL number? I had the motherboard out few days ago but forgot to check it, if there is any chance that setfsb would work I can get thr motherboard out again and search for number.

I have used SetFSB to successfully overclock my primary notebook, which was manufactured in 2006. To find the model number of the PLL chip, I had to open the notebook and inspect the motherboard.

On the left side of this page, click on "PLL find" under "CPUFSB". This is the tutorial that helped me the most in manually finding my PLL by sight. This page contains additional information that you may find useful. It also contains a download link for SetFSB.

If you would like me to try to identify the PLL, you will need to take pictures of the entire motherboard. The pictures will need to clearly show the text on each unique chip.


~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote
#3
(02-09-2015, 07:40 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello EjđiSixo,

I will take a look at your BIOS image tomorrow to see what can be unlocked.






EjđiSixo Wrote:Little offtopic : With which tool should I be able to open and edit this bios and Lenovo bioses usually? I cant open this bios with any tool I tried. Modbin says it's not version 6, others also give errors. Phoenixtool256 opens it, but as far as I understand it's only for compiling it / compression?

PhoenixTool is used to decompress and recompress Phoenix BIOSes. First, PhoenixTool is used to extract the BIOS image into a DUMP directory. From that directory, the necessary modules (files) are modified with a hex editor (I use HxD Free). Finally, the modules are recompressed back into a modified BIOS image ready for flashing.







EjđiSixo Wrote:Did somebody have any luck with this laptop and programs such as setfsb? If that's so,could you provide PLL number? I had the motherboard out few days ago but forgot to check it, if there is any chance that setfsb would work I can get thr motherboard out again and search for number.

I have used SetFSB to successfully overclock my primary notebook, which was manufactured in 2006. To find the model number of the PLL chip, I had to open the notebook and inspect the motherboard.

On the left side of this page, click on "PLL find" under "CPUFSB". This is the tutorial that helped me the most in manually finding my PLL by sight. This page contains additional information that you may find useful. It also contains a download link for SetFSB.

If you would like me to try to identify the PLL, you will need to take pictures of the entire motherboard. The pictures will need to clearly show the text on each unique chip.


~Steven


Thank you very much! I will keep an eye for the progress, let me know if there is anything I can do to contribute / be useful.



So as far as I understand,after you extract bios modules you do all the editing and unlocking with Hex editor only??


Thank you, I did already get PLL for some laptops so it's not problem for me. Just asking before I open it up again since it's still under warranty ( I work in very safe conditions and have hardware skills),so better to find it online first.

OH WELL , I went ahead and searched for clock generator anyway. It's very easy to access on this model.

PLL number for x121e with AMD E-450 CPU : ISL6267HRZ which is made by Intersil.Pictures attached in the .rar Unfortunately none of clock generator programs like setfsb ,cpufsb and so on don't support for some reason this or any Intersil PLL as far as I can see. Intel version probbaly has different PLL since this is controller chip for AMD Fusion CPU only. It's amazing that every laptop I get always happen to have some unsupported PLL clock generator.Amd overdrive also says it doesn't support CPU.
Interesting thing : BrazosTweaker can undervolt it and I think even underclock it by multiplier. But no overvolt or overclock. If you overclock , the CPU-Z indeed reports overclock, but it's just a number. Benchmark has same results, and system performance feels same. Also the fact that you can go all the way up to programs maximum of "3.2GHZ" without crashing should be enough to say it's not working.

I hope this topic will help somebody with same or similar laptop like x120e or x130e, because it's really amazing machine, especially the gpu if you consider low TDP cpu and portability of this laptop.


Attached Files
.rar   x121e_PLL_Pictures.rar (Size: 2.1 MB / Downloads: 14)

find
quote
#4
Nevermind, you can lock the topic, I see there is a ton of request, and forum is obviously dead, so at least one request less. If somebody want a bios unlock on this model, open a new topic.

find
quote
#5
(02-09-2015, 02:45 PM)EjđiSixo Wrote: Hi again. It would be very great if somebody could unlock cpu settings,voltages, fan settings ,fsb etc in bios for Lenovo x121e (same as x120e or x130e) with AMD cpu's.It looks like a Phoenix bios to me and Lenovo should have Phoenix I think, but backup tool reports it's Award? I love the laptop,it really does it's job right, but lacks few RAW mhz's extra on the cpu side which I would like to achieve when docked at home. No worries about temperatures, it runs very cool ,especially now in the winter, and I changed the thermal paste few days ago. Generous Donation will be considered upon succesfull unlock, for sure!

There is this topic, but it's not finished, no reports on the progress or anything---->> https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-U...ng-purpose

Uploaded results rar backup made with BACKUP_Tools.exe
Also uploaded backed up bios file .rom with Universal Bios Backup and official Lenovo bios.exe
Let me know if there is anything else to upload.




Little offtopic : With which tool should I be able to open and edit this bios and Lenovo bioses usually? I cant open this bios with any tool I tried. Modbin says it's not version 6, others also give errors. Phoenixtool256 opens it, but as far as I understand it's only for compiling it / compression?


Did somebody have any luck with this laptop and programs such as setfsb? If that's so,could you provide PLL number? I had the motherboard out few days ago but forgot to check it, if there is any chance that setfsb would work I can get thr motherboard out again and search for number.


Thanks to everyone!
  • Head to Bios Mods. If you can't find it here, do a simple Google search. I used "hacked m18x bios a05" , which returned a lovely unlocked A05 BIOS.
  • Search for your BIOS, computer model, or both.
  • Turn off all of the running software that you can. Having software running can cause a bad flash, which will brick your motherboard.
  • Extract the utility archive.
  • Load up the tool and pick your cracked BIOS version if necessary.
  • Wait for the flash to complete.
  • When you reboot, you should have a BIOS with a plethora of new options
Check Lenovo ThinkPad E450 Manual for more detailed steps and view 
find
quote
#6
Is anybody find the way to overclock x120e?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)