Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
ASUS R1F CPU upgrade
Last Post: bobo10
Today 03:40 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 60
Asus h110m-a & xeon e3-1280v5
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:41 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 79
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 15 (8ACNxx...
Last Post: psycomaffo
Today 10:36 AM
» Replies: 69
» Views: 26012
Request for Modded BIOS with AI Tweaker ...
Last Post: CertifiedCosmos
Yesterday 05:04 PM
» Views: 107
Lenovo ThinkCentre M71e GPU Whitelist re...
Last Post: saschalein
Yesterday 03:23 PM
» Views: 92
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad 330S-15ARR (7WC...
Last Post: nadolivbios
Yesterday 01:26 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 6119
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: sanya.silitskiy
Yesterday 11:52 AM
» Replies: 73
» Views: 219971
[REQUEST] 13w Yoga Gen 2 (Type 82YR) (KB...
Last Post: SiberianTiger97
Yesterday 09:48 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 163
Acer Extensa 5620: CPU replace
Last Post: MPM
Yesterday 08:28 AM
» Views: 145
[REQUEST] Sony Vaio VPCEH & VPCEJ series...
Last Post: nrns
04-16-2024 08:08 PM
» Replies: 232
» Views: 98521
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dudu2002
04-16-2024 02:35 PM
» Replies: 103
» Views: 24032
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
04-16-2024 07:29 AM
» Replies: 847
» Views: 324134
[REQUEST] Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315...
04-16-2024 07:28 AM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 1000
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad P14s 3rd Gen 1...
04-16-2024 07:26 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 294
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: pashtet440
04-16-2024 06:56 AM
» Views: 143
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
04-14-2024 09:02 AM
» Replies: 1733
» Views: 542193
Dell Latitude 5520 - get to know passwor...
Last Post: yeti1299
04-14-2024 06:48 AM
» Views: 246
[REQUEST]: Asus TP420IA - how to dump bi...
Last Post: quantumx3
04-14-2024 05:34 AM
» Views: 213
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: Nightdemon2001
04-14-2024 01:13 AM
» Replies: 2319
» Views: 656713
[REQUEST] Lenovo B575 (52CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: thepwrtank18
04-13-2024 06:13 PM
» Replies: 56
» Views: 20449

[*REQUEST*] Lenovo x121e (x120e,x130e) E-450 Bios unlock CPU settings
Question 
Hi again. It would be very great if somebody could unlock cpu settings,voltages, fan settings ,fsb etc in bios for Lenovo x121e (same as x120e or x130e) with AMD cpu's.It looks like a Phoenix bios to me and Lenovo should have Phoenix I think, but backup tool reports it's Award? I love the laptop,it really does it's job right, but lacks few RAW mhz's extra on the cpu side which I would like to achieve when docked at home. No worries about temperatures, it runs very cool ,especially now in the winter, and I changed the thermal paste few days ago. Generous Donation will be considered upon succesfull unlock, for sure!

There is this topic, but it's not finished, no reports on the progress or anything---->> https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-U...ng-purpose

Uploaded results rar backup made with BACKUP_Tools.exe
Also uploaded backed up bios file .rom with Universal Bios Backup and official Lenovo bios.exe
Let me know if there is anything else to upload.

Little offtopic : With which tool should I be able to open and edit this bios and Lenovo bioses usually? I cant open this bios with any tool I tried. Modbin says it's not version 6, others also give errors. Phoenixtool256 opens it, but as far as I understand it's only for compiling it / compression?

Did somebody have any luck with this laptop and programs such as setfsb? If that's so,could you provide PLL number? I had the motherboard out few days ago but forgot to check it, if there is any chance that setfsb would work I can get thr motherboard out again and search for number.

Thanks to everyone!

Attached Files
.rar   results.rar (Size: 151.82 KB / Downloads: 27)
.rom   LENOVO-8RET54WW(1.17).rom (Size: 2 MB / Downloads: 37)
.rar   8quj12us.rar (Size: 4.96 MB / Downloads: 28)

find
Hello EjđiSixo,

I will take a look at your BIOS image tomorrow to see what can be unlocked.

EjđiSixo Wrote:Little offtopic : With which tool should I be able to open and edit this bios and Lenovo bioses usually? I cant open this bios with any tool I tried. Modbin says it's not version 6, others also give errors. Phoenixtool256 opens it, but as far as I understand it's only for compiling it / compression?

PhoenixTool is used to decompress and recompress Phoenix BIOSes. First, PhoenixTool is used to extract the BIOS image into a DUMP directory. From that directory, the necessary modules (files) are modified with a hex editor (I use HxD Free). Finally, the modules are recompressed back into a modified BIOS image ready for flashing.

EjđiSixo Wrote:Did somebody have any luck with this laptop and programs such as setfsb? If that's so,could you provide PLL number? I had the motherboard out few days ago but forgot to check it, if there is any chance that setfsb would work I can get thr motherboard out again and search for number.

I have used SetFSB to successfully overclock my primary notebook, which was manufactured in 2006. To find the model number of the PLL chip, I had to open the notebook and inspect the motherboard.

On the left side of this page, click on "PLL find" under "CPUFSB". This is the tutorial that helped me the most in manually finding my PLL by sight. This page contains additional information that you may find useful. It also contains a download link for SetFSB.

If you would like me to try to identify the PLL, you will need to take pictures of the entire motherboard. The pictures will need to clearly show the text on each unique chip.

~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
(02-09-2015, 07:40 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello EjđiSixo,

I will take a look at your BIOS image tomorrow to see what can be unlocked.

EjđiSixo Wrote:Little offtopic : With which tool should I be able to open and edit this bios and Lenovo bioses usually? I cant open this bios with any tool I tried. Modbin says it's not version 6, others also give errors. Phoenixtool256 opens it, but as far as I understand it's only for compiling it / compression?

PhoenixTool is used to decompress and recompress Phoenix BIOSes. First, PhoenixTool is used to extract the BIOS image into a DUMP directory. From that directory, the necessary modules (files) are modified with a hex editor (I use HxD Free). Finally, the modules are recompressed back into a modified BIOS image ready for flashing.

EjđiSixo Wrote:Did somebody have any luck with this laptop and programs such as setfsb? If that's so,could you provide PLL number? I had the motherboard out few days ago but forgot to check it, if there is any chance that setfsb would work I can get thr motherboard out again and search for number.

I have used SetFSB to successfully overclock my primary notebook, which was manufactured in 2006. To find the model number of the PLL chip, I had to open the notebook and inspect the motherboard.

On the left side of this page, click on "PLL find" under "CPUFSB". This is the tutorial that helped me the most in manually finding my PLL by sight. This page contains additional information that you may find useful. It also contains a download link for SetFSB.

If you would like me to try to identify the PLL, you will need to take pictures of the entire motherboard. The pictures will need to clearly show the text on each unique chip.

~Steven

Thank you very much! I will keep an eye for the progress, let me know if there is anything I can do to contribute / be useful.

So as far as I understand,after you extract bios modules you do all the editing and unlocking with Hex editor only??

Thank you, I did already get PLL for some laptops so it's not problem for me. Just asking before I open it up again since it's still under warranty ( I work in very safe conditions and have hardware skills),so better to find it online first.

OH WELL , I went ahead and searched for clock generator anyway. It's very easy to access on this model.

PLL number for x121e with AMD E-450 CPU : ISL6267HRZ which is made by Intersil.Pictures attached in the .rar Unfortunately none of clock generator programs like setfsb ,cpufsb and so on don't support for some reason this or any Intersil PLL as far as I can see. Intel version probbaly has different PLL since this is controller chip for AMD Fusion CPU only. It's amazing that every laptop I get always happen to have some unsupported PLL clock generator.Amd overdrive also says it doesn't support CPU.
Interesting thing : BrazosTweaker can undervolt it and I think even underclock it by multiplier. But no overvolt or overclock. If you overclock , the CPU-Z indeed reports overclock, but it's just a number. Benchmark has same results, and system performance feels same. Also the fact that you can go all the way up to programs maximum of "3.2GHZ" without crashing should be enough to say it's not working.

I hope this topic will help somebody with same or similar laptop like x120e or x130e, because it's really amazing machine, especially the gpu if you consider low TDP cpu and portability of this laptop.

Attached Files
.rar   x121e_PLL_Pictures.rar (Size: 2.1 MB / Downloads: 14)

find
Nevermind, you can lock the topic, I see there is a ton of request, and forum is obviously dead, so at least one request less. If somebody want a bios unlock on this model, open a new topic.

find
(02-09-2015, 02:45 PM)EjđiSixo Wrote: Hi again. It would be very great if somebody could unlock cpu settings,voltages, fan settings ,fsb etc in bios for Lenovo x121e (same as x120e or x130e) with AMD cpu's.It looks like a Phoenix bios to me and Lenovo should have Phoenix I think, but backup tool reports it's Award? I love the laptop,it really does it's job right, but lacks few RAW mhz's extra on the cpu side which I would like to achieve when docked at home. No worries about temperatures, it runs very cool ,especially now in the winter, and I changed the thermal paste few days ago. Generous Donation will be considered upon succesfull unlock, for sure!

There is this topic, but it's not finished, no reports on the progress or anything---->> https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-U...ng-purpose

Uploaded results rar backup made with BACKUP_Tools.exe
Also uploaded backed up bios file .rom with Universal Bios Backup and official Lenovo bios.exe
Let me know if there is anything else to upload.

Little offtopic : With which tool should I be able to open and edit this bios and Lenovo bioses usually? I cant open this bios with any tool I tried. Modbin says it's not version 6, others also give errors. Phoenixtool256 opens it, but as far as I understand it's only for compiling it / compression?

Did somebody have any luck with this laptop and programs such as setfsb? If that's so,could you provide PLL number? I had the motherboard out few days ago but forgot to check it, if there is any chance that setfsb would work I can get thr motherboard out again and search for number.

Thanks to everyone!
  • Head to Bios Mods. If you can't find it here, do a simple Google search. I used "hacked m18x bios a05" , which returned a lovely unlocked A05 BIOS.
  • Search for your BIOS, computer model, or both.
  • Turn off all of the running software that you can. Having software running can cause a bad flash, which will brick your motherboard.
  • Extract the utility archive.
  • Load up the tool and pick your cracked BIOS version if necessary.
  • Wait for the flash to complete.
  • When you reboot, you should have a BIOS with a plethora of new options
Check Lenovo ThinkPad E450 Manual for more detailed steps and view 
find
Is anybody find the way to overclock x120e?
find