Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6402
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14038
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 137
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424545
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3652
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 323
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 342
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224760
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119203
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 299
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6814
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 437
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309807
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62000
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 655
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20313
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169424
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6385
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 860

[REQUEST] Microcode update for DELL SC1435
#1
Hello, have a DELL SC1435 and wanted to ask if someone could help me with the microcode update to add support for Opteron 2435 processors.

Product: SC1435
Chipset: ServerWorks - Broadcom HT2100

Downloads provided by DELL:
Latest Bios


When I swap the CPUs I get the error: This system does not support Opteron™ NPT family 10h dual-core processors.
My current believe is that it is a microcode issue. After checking the microcodes inside the HDR file I found:

# │  CPUID  │ Revision │    Date    │  Size │  Offset │ Last ║
╟───┼──────────┼──────────┼────────────┼────  ╢
║ 1 │ 00040F0A │ 00000068 │ 2006-09-20 │ 0x200 │ 0xF0084 │ Yes  ║
╟───┼──────────┼──────────┼────────────┼─────╢
║ 2 │ 00040F14 │ 00000062 │ 2006-01-27 │ 0x200 │ 0xF06C4 │ Yes  ║
╟───┼──────────┼──────────┼────────────┼─────╢
║ 3 │ 00040F1B │ 0000006D │ 2006-09-20 │ 0x200 │ 0xF0D04 │ Yes  ║
╟───┼──────────┼──────────┼────────────┼─────╢
║ 4 │ 00100F00 │ 01000020 │ 2007-03-26 │ 0x3C0 │ 0xF1344 │ Yes  ║
╟───┼──────────┼──────────┼────────────┼─────╢
║ 5 │ 00100F20 │ 01000066 │ 2008-01-11 │ 0x3C0 │ 0xF1B44 │  No  ║
╟───┼──────────┼──────────┼────────────┼────╢
║ 6 │ 00100F22 │ 01000065 │ 2008-01-11 │ 0x3C0 │ 0xF2344 │  No 

This indicates to me that the required microcode is not present, forcing the system to halt at that moment.

The CPUID for the required Opteron 2435 is 100F80, I got it from MC Extractor DB.

I tried to find the correct tool to inject the microcode onto the HDR file, but it turns out to be "a lot of convoluted and old information out there" so some guidance here would be immensely appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.
find
quote
#2
Post a screenshot of Mainboard tab of CPU-Z.
Have you any motherboard with native support of Opteron 2435?
find
quote
#3
(04-10-2023, 05:52 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Post a screenshot of Mainboard tab of CPU-Z.
Have you any motherboard with native support of Opteron 2435?

Here you have the CPU-Z tab:
https://ibb.co/ySJJfv6

I updated to the latest bios version 2.2.5 but the same error is printed when trying to use the Opteron 2435.

Unfortunately I do not have any motherboard that officially supports Opteron 2435. (Why is this important?).

Kind Regards.
find
quote
#4
Try to flash my mod.
find
quote
#5
(04-11-2023, 03:24 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Try to flash my mod.

I used dellBiosUpdate from Ubuntu 16.04 to stage the bios update. Unfortunately after rebooting the prompt said Bios update failed.

I've seen that you've added two extra microcodes from so now there are 8 instead of 6. Perhaps the amount of microcodes exceeds the capacity of the bios flash?

Looking at the sizes of the microcodes, I think it would be OK if you could remove 00040F0A, 00040F14 and 00040F1B. I don't think I'll ever use any other processors than Opteron 2435 / Opteron 2374.

Kind Regards,
find
quote
#6
No, your problem is not related to microcodes.
You need to find a way to flash modded BIOS.
find
quote
#7
I can't seem to find a way to do this.

I tried:
- Linux dellBiosUpdate: The computer reboots and says "Bios update failed"
- Windows PESC1435_BIOS_WIN_2.2.5_1.exe (changing the payload): The computer reboots and says "Bios update failed"
- Dos PESC1435-020205C.exe /readgzfile (I've prepared a bios.gz and placed it alongside the executable): This argument is not accepted, so it only can flash the bios that is embedded in the exe.
- BIOSFLSH.EXE -f PESC1435-020205C.hdr (from DTK 1.4): It just hangs forever, does nothing.

Knowing that the bios is Phoenix I thought of using something like PHLASH16.exe but I am not sure how it's going to behave with an HDR file.

Please, does anybody knows any other tool that could be use to force-flash an HDR bios file?

Kind Regards,
find
quote
#8
(04-12-2023, 07:12 PM)DC_Sh0X Wrote: I can't seem to find a way to do this.
So my mod was deleted.
find
quote
#9
(04-13-2023, 03:24 AM)DeathBringer Wrote:
(04-12-2023, 07:12 PM)DC_Sh0X Wrote: I can't seem to find a way to do this.
So my mod was deleted.

I tried a few more things:
- I flashed 2.2.3 and try to update to 2.2.5, and also I tried to flash the original bios from Dell (this works always).

For some reason the HDR mod you prepared is not accepted when staging the bios and rebooting for installation.

I was wondering. Would it be possible for you to mod the DOS bios updater (PESC1435-020205C.exe) instead?. Perhaps there is a bigger probability of success if the flash happens from DOS.

Kind Regards,
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)