Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 103
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424437
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3617
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 204
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 304
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224466
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119166
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 273
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6784
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 404
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309706
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61960
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 622
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20275
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169269
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6343
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 823
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5794
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61197

[REQUEST+REWARD] Add AES-NI support to IBM x3500 M3 firmware
#51
It will take two weeks for the items to arrive. I will come back to the thread when they arrive
find
quote
#52
Can you somehow disable Vt-x BIOS setting from Linux?
Can flash BIOS by using file y4e160a.tar.gz?
find
quote
#53
I can flash ibm_fw_uefi_y4e160a-1.15_linux_32-64.bin or ibm_fw_uefi_y4e160a-1.15_windows_32-64.exe from the IMM interface. As far as I can tell, they both simply contain y4e160a.tar.gz which in turn contains various .fv files and one .scap file.

I can also access and permanently change the UEFI settings from this interface using the IBM Advanced Settings Utility (ASU), however the uEFI.AesEnable feature isn't exposed for my BIOS so it doesn't let me. VT-x is available. The full list of available commands is here if you're interested: ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/systems/suppo...noarch.pdf

edit: here is the reference thread I initially found to edit all the uEFI settings: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/commu...0014807932
find
quote
#54
I believe I can reverse engineer the .tar.gz and then the .bin from the individual .fv and .scap files. So if you can modify the .fv files I can test them
find
quote
#55
(01-16-2018, 12:35 AM)AdamBearWA Wrote: So if you can modify the .fv files I can test them
Try this - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cV-Chd...28B_QBRYvl
find
quote
#56
I just received the hardware programmer and saw your last reply.

I'll try to flash the firmware you modified first in the next couple of days, unless you think it's better to use the hardware?
find
quote
#57
At first make BIOS backup by the hardware programmer.
find
quote
#58
Are there instructions anywhere that I can follow to use the hardware? I'm a software guy
find
quote
#59

  1. Use the lever to unfix ZIF-socket
  2. Insert clip in ZIF-socket as 25 series chip. Find tip's image on the hardware programmer.
  3. Use the lever to fix ZIF-socket
  4. Connect clip to BIOS chip. Red line corresponds to first pin.
  5. Connect the hardware programmer to laptop or other computer and install drivers and the program - http://acerfans.ru/index.php?do=forum&act=attachment&id=22286
  6. Follow the instruction - https://www.win-raid.com/t796f16-Guide-U...EPROM.html
find
quote
#60
Alright I've watched a bunch of youtube videos on how to do it so I'll give it a go Smile
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)