Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 103
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424447
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3618
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 279
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 205
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 305
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224505
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119169
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 273
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6786
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 405
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309718
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61964
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 623
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20278
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169310
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6350
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 824
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5796
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61200

[REQUEST] Recovery Bios Acer Travelmate B113M
#1
Sad 
I crashed my EFI Bios of my B113 (Motherboard, Q1VCZ-LA 8941P, HM77, i3-2377M, without Windows)

Long story, I was only able to update until 1.09, I tried to get 2.22 working somehow. (for UEFI Boot, win10)

I found a file from another user and sucessfully flashed it but it had a bios password lock. (stupid idea just to use this file...)

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-U...-17?page=4
http://rghost.net/6rcRsLpWg

Ok, tried to update same official version, 2.22 with Acer/InsydeFlash tool in Windows. This crashed at 48%, Display went corrupted and finally off. After 15 minutes I rebooted, no boot, Power LED is on, Fan starts, and after a while it starts again.

Normal recovery procedere (Fn+ESC, bios.fd) doesn't work anymore, 1.09, 2.21, 2.22.

So, any ideas? I just soldered 8 wires to the U17 winbond w25Q32BVSIGg chip and tried some hotflashing with an Asrock H77m-itx and the file above. Not really successfull. still no boot.
My next idea is ordering a flashed bios chip or buy a Bios programmer and try...
Next to U17 is U18 located: winbond 25Q80BVSIG, what is this about?

Does someone has a full Bios file and some Dos flasher? (Flash-it?!?)

original bios file:
1.09
http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/...ER&SC=PA_6

2.22
http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/...ER&SC=PA_6
I think LAN MAC address is already gone, may I can write a different address from an old LAN adapter card.

I hope I can get it somehow back to life. Btw: I'm working in IS, and first time I forgot to make a backup... I know, shi* happens...

EDIT:
found "flashrom" tool, my "Hotflash" H77 Board is not supported, ME is locked.
Now installed a Raspberry PI2 and now playing around with SPI programming. I guess this can be cheaper than buying a dedicated programmer.
Now I need a full Bios dump. Or any other ideas?


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
           
find
quote
#2
Please read your Eeprom Chips (Both 32 and 80) Full Dump Firmware then upload
them here and I will rebuild It for You !
I will reupload Patched It and You write back to Eeprom Chip !
Let me know
Regards

Please make a Tutorial using the Raspberry PI2 and I will stick here like this one

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...st-removal

It seems that BusPirate and RaspBerry PI are the best Programmer actually !

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#3
Are You sure your Chipset is HM77 and not NM70 as there are two Firmware for two
Chipset !
Let me know
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#4
Thank you very much! I will try to get the pi working tomorrow.
Should be HM77 south bridge. Cpu-z told it once it was still alive and it has SLJ8C on the die.
find
quote
#5
Ok I will wait your news !
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#6
Good afternoon, Pi and flashrom did it Smile
I will gather all information into one step by step guide.

bios.rom (4MB)
Datei von filehorst.de laden

ec.rom (1MB)
Datei von filehorst.de laden



Regards!


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#7
Hi mate, does the download work for you? Would be great if you could bring back life.
find
quote
#8
You're right mate !
But You wrote EC.rom and It's wrong so I had to check all Firmware Original . . .

1. Extract It
2. Extract Regions
3. Compare with yours files
4. Look for Eeprom Chips size involved (thanks You sticked photos)
5. Rebuild all

Here You go :

http://rghost.net/87JVxkZ56

Let me know
Regards

P.S. We have to replace your DMI Data !

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#9
About regions, what to compare with which tool?
Thanks a lot!
find
quote
#10
Hi mate,
let me know before if It worked !
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)