Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.89 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6439
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14070
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 148
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424634
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3670
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 342
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 241
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 365
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1225129
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119237
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 310
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6833
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 458
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309905
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62028
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 676
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20336
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169492
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6418
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 881

[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad X230(i) (G2ETxxWW) Whitelist Removal
Ok friend,
as I said the size has to be 4096 KB now check your Bios Backup file .rom and .bin
then let me know how much is the size . . . 4096 KB or more ?
iI am not sure and cannot do magician, I can only avoid You loose your Eeprom File !
then do what do You want !
Regards

P.S. It's enough for You (as Desolder and resolder is Dangerous for You) We can use only MX25L3206E !

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
BDmaster, thank you for all of your help. I am still new to BIOS flashing and am still learning, so thank you for your patience.

My .rom from Universal Bios Backup is 12288 KB.
My .bin from BACKUP_Tools.exe is 7168 KB.

If I understand correctly, this means I need to remove the MX25L3206E from my motherboard use my SPI programmer to back it up directly. This should give me the 4096 KB file that we need to remove the whitelist. I then need to upload this 4096 KB file for you to modify. Also, it would be better to read both MX25L3206E and MX25L6406E but that is necessary for just the whitelist.

Is that correct?

If this is correct, I will remove the MX25L3206E from the board now, read using my SPI programmer, and then upload the new backup.
find
quote
I attempted to remove the MX25L3206E from the board following kenmod's instructions from this thread:
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-T...ware-Flash

I followed the instructions in this step:
"2. I set the hot air @ 250 deg C and raise to 320 deg C at 5-10cm distance alternately on each chip legs. While doing it I pull the chip lightly using bent SMD tweezer, and the chip came off."

The chip came off. Unfortunately, it appears the copper pads came off with it as well. I guess I didn't listen to the "lightly" part.

Here is the chip and motherboard:
[Image: 9FBkeMA.jpg]

[Image: ZSCLhv2.jpg]
find
quote
[censored]. . . . !!!
It's Broken your MoBo and the possibility to recover your bad work is minimum !!!
There are yet some copper's tracks on which You can try to solder it and then You
have to glue the Eeprom to MoBo, but It's not for You this work !!!
I am sorry really as I know this very well cause I eperimented on my 1st MoBo !
Let me know what do You think to do with this laptop my friend as I would
help You sincerely.
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
Hi, I have problems with the inbuilt wifi card (works everywhere, but shows intermittent errors to log in
to my encrypted corporate network, which I do need a lot)
- I do not know which card I am going to use. Can the whitelist be removed in general, before I know the ID of the new device?
- If I need to provide you with some info, like my Bios image, please give me a link for some backup tool...I googled, but found
a lot of wares sites that attempted to install malware, Would be extremely thankful for a safe link
I run an Exe file for new bios installation, which placed some info into Drivers /Flash folder, if that is helpful, I can provide it.
I resent the idea of the whitelisting - I contacted an official importer of service parts for my PC into my country, to get a list of
officially sanctioned card, and did not even get a reply...on their web site, I can only see mobile wlan cards, not wifi. Thank you
my present card is a default Intel Centrino Advanced Advanced-N 6205
find
quote
Use this tool run It as Admin and upload the result file :

http://rghost.net/58219938

use this tool too and do the same :

http://rghost.net/53128665

let me know
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
(03-13-2015, 05:29 PM)BDMaster Wrote: Use this tool run It as Admin and upload the result file :

http://rghost.net/58219938

use this tool too and do the same :

http://rghost.net/53128665

let me know
Regards


Thanks a lot, the Universal Bios backup tool output is here


www.uschovna.cz/zasilka/ED88ER8D88NTPRWS-MJ3

Click please on Stahnout ZASILKU which means Download file in Czech. Or upper right hand corner will change the lanugage
the backup_tools output is here



http://www.uschovna.cz/zasilka/EDVUC2PM86J63U6Y-XAF/


Another question: with this x230 series, people have problems as these models do not have a built in CD rom. I understand that is why users must do flashing with HW tools. Will I be able to perform the flash via some CD image? If I need to do the procedure from the long guide, I would try and find somebody with the technical skills and tools.
find
quote
I have read the following, in Kemods tutorial

"Unfortunately on recent Lenovo Laptops (X230, X240, T430, etc) such approach no longer works as Lenovo has some protection mechanism to prevent unauthorized BIOS ROM Image from being flashed into their laptops.

But, resistance is futile, Lenovo! We can still do this in hard way...I mean the hardware way"

Is this definitely confirmed? Had I known this, I would have bought the X220..When I was purchasing my NB, about two years ago, the x220 was just being replaced by 230, and a lot of noise was made about he "bezel" keyboard..a new type of keyboard was just being introduced.
I did end up with the 230, I love the NB..and will do my best to bypass this crazy restriction.

Are you all certain that x230 is not possible to be modded by standard means? Not even if I have a docking station with a CD drive?
thanks
find
quote
No not possible, I am sorry Sad !!!

Error 280: Failed to disable write protection for the BIOS space!

Look here :

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-T...ware-Flash

Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
I found somebody to do it here. We discussed the guide.

Would be grateful for any help, with preparing the image...thanks
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)