Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6402
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14038
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 137
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424545
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3652
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 323
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 342
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224760
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119203
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 299
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6814
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 437
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309807
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62000
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 655
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20313
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169425
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6385
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 860

[REQUEST] Toshiba Satellite L300 & L305 (PSLB8x)
#1
Hello,

I'm trying to replace the processor of a Toshiba l300 (T3200 --> T7500) but my laptop won't boot with the new processor. Probably the bios is blocking it?

This is the bios (v2.2): http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/...b8v220.exe

History of bios, thosiba.com: http://support.toshiba.com/support/model...xt=2221250

Already searched this site for a bios mod, but couldn't find any. Please help! Really want to upgrade this laptop!
find
quote
#2
Laptop came with mobile Celeron 900 (2.2 MHz 1MB L2 Cache), and, before learning of the 800 MHz FSB on my chipset I tried to put Core 2 Duo T9600 into it, but the laptop wouldn't have it -- it started up, fans working, display lit up but black and no output.
I even upgraded the bios to last official version (2.20 as linked below) before trying another cpu, Core 2 Duo T7700, which was rated 800 MHz FSB, but still no go -- laptop starts, fans spin, and black screen, so the same problem.
I can order another cpu, 800 MHz FSB AND Penryn gen this time, but do I need to, or am I doing something wrong?
I found a mod here on the forum to update the microcode list, that may or may not brick the laptop, because author states it's for models PSLB0U/PSLD0U while I have a PSLB8U, and it probably won't even help, because I don't have the "microcode error". Flashing random BIOS'es on the mobo willy-nilly doesn't seem like a good idea, so I post here for help.
I don't think I need a new modded BIOS made, there are lots of requests on the forum as is, and I'm just trying to put in a supported working cpu,no unlocking special features or OC.
First thing I need is some good advice -- compatibility info on the GL40 chipset is very inconclusive and conflicting to me.
I'll provide links and screenshots regardless, thanks for taking your time to read.
-BIOS link, insyde v.2.20: https://web.archive.org/web/202205310414...b8v220.exe

       
find
quote
#3
(07-25-2023, 10:28 PM)Windflash Wrote: I found a mod here on the forum
It's compatible with your model.
If the processor would not work with the updated 6FA, 6FB microcodes, nothing else will help.
find
quote
#4
I didn't flash the mod into the board yet -- If you say it's compatible, I'll try it today when I have the time. Part of my question is (because if the microcode mod works, then the question is effectively solved), if T7700 doesn't work on this laptop stock, then why -- simply because the microcode is missing? And then, which CPU would work with official bios? How does one even know that? I don't understand.

..thanks for the reply. I'll try the mod today.
find
quote
#5
(07-26-2023, 01:09 AM)Maxinator500 Wrote: It's compatible with your model.
No way. It has different motherboard with different chipset.
find
quote
#6
(07-26-2023, 04:46 AM)DeathBringer Wrote:
(07-26-2023, 01:09 AM)Maxinator500 Wrote: It's compatible with your model.
No way. It has different motherboard with different chipset.

So, I do need a custom mod in the case of T7700? And then, what would fit on here with official bios? Or, no way to really know?
find
quote
#7
No, "custom mod" is not needed. I think that is "NEC/TOKIN problem".
https://www.google.com/search?q=NEC+tokin+toshiba
find
quote
#8
(07-26-2023, 05:10 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: No, "custom mod" is not needed. I think that is "NEC/TOKIN problem".
https://www.google.com/search?q=NEC+tokin+toshiba

The laptop also still works fine if I swap back the celeron 900
Can it still be a NEC/TOKIN issue?
find
quote
#9
(07-26-2023, 04:46 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: It has different motherboard
You are absolutely right. My bad.
find
quote
#10
(07-26-2023, 05:45 AM)Windflash Wrote: Can it still be a NEC/TOKIN issue?
Yes.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)