Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 103
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424444
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3618
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 279
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 205
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 305
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224493
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119167
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 273
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6786
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 405
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309716
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61963
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 623
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20277
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169308
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6345
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 824
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5796
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61200

Ram cap removal? tx1115nr
#1
I've been browsing around on here for a few hours now, and I was curious if it would be even remotely possible to remove the 2gb memory cap on an hp tx1115nr (tx1100 series)

I've seen alot of modded bios's concerned with removing the wireless whitelist (which I'm also interested in) and was hoping this might be something doable. Overclocking would be fantastic as well (not concerned with battery life) but more concerned with being able to add 3-4gb of mem to the laptop

thanks in advance!

-pyr0ball
find
quote
#2
was my question stupid enough to be ignored? Tongue
find
quote
#3
No, it's not stupid question. Your request is not an easy task. Before your request can be answered, research need to be done first. What type of memory did you use? Did you use PC2-6400 (DDR2-800)? AFAIK, BIOS doesn't responsible in limiting the total amount of RAM you can use (I didn't found any proof to say otherwise). Hardware does. What I know is, each of the memory slot have maximum supported capacity. If the maximum capacity is 1024MB DDR2 & it only have two slot, it means total amount of supported memory is 2048MB DDR2. Who is responsible to this limit? I 'd blame the memory controller. I found the AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core processors specification page in 3rd party website. It said 4GB is supported if you use 4 x 1 Gbyte double-sided PC2-6400 memory module. Unfortunately, your notebook only have 2 memory slot.

If you use my modified BIOS image & you like it, please consider making a donation. Thank you very much. Smile
Donate Here
find
quote
#4
(06-23-2011, 07:45 PM)kizwan Wrote: No, it's not stupid question. Your request is not an easy task. Before your request can be answered, research need to be done first. What type of memory did you use? Did you use PC2-6400 (DDR2-800)? AFAIK, BIOS doesn't responsible in limiting the total amount of RAM you can use (I didn't found any proof to say otherwise). Hardware does. What I know is, each of the memory slot have maximum supported capacity. If the maximum capacity is 1024MB DDR2 & it only have two slot, it means total amount of supported memory is 2048MB DDR2. Who is responsible to this limit? I 'd blame the memory controller. I found the AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core processors specification page in 3rd party website. It said 4GB is supported if you use 4 x 1 Gbyte double-sided PC2-6400 memory module. Unfortunately, your notebook only have 2 memory slot.

Ah well that actually makes sense, and also kinda sucks. I forgot that those AMD's had onboard memory controllers. Thanks for the response!
find
quote
#5
This is interesting though because I had the tx1300 before the HP lawsuit won and we got a new ASUS netbook from the settlement, but I could've sworn that it was a 3GB by default. I will have to see if I can find any of my tests I ran on it.

TheWiz
www find
quote
#6
(06-24-2011, 11:12 PM)TheWiz Wrote: This is interesting though because I had the tx1300 before the HP lawsuit won and we got a new ASUS netbook from the settlement, but I could've sworn that it was a 3GB by default. I will have to see if I can find any of my tests I ran on it.

TheWiz

much obliged for any info or help!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)