Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424132
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3554
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 214
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 162
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223746
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119095
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6738
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 351
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309501
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61903
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 564
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20216
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169141
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6261
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 766
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5735
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61106
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274947

[Removed] HP DV6-6140us BIOS F.1D
#1
Hey. I need the whitelist removed from a HP DV6-6140US. The BIOS is InsydeH2O F.1D. Here is a link to the BIOS: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp53001-53500/sp53381.exe

Thanks a lot!
find
#2
Will put my hands at work asap Wink

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
#3
Awesome, thanks!
find
#4
Find test file in my second oler, first is out of space now Smile Updated signature with link, also is text fie in first folder with link to second

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
#5
Okay, thank you. I'll try it when I get home and let you know.
find
#6
It's working! Thanks a lot! Big Grin

EDIT: Okay, I apparently spoke too soon. It boot up fine the first few times but now when I hit the Power button, the Caps Lock key just blinks and nothing happens on screen. D:

EDIT 2: Okay, this has me raising a brow. I managed to get it working again after trying about everything I could think of. It ended up being that I just needed to take out the BIOS battery. What has me raising a brow was that was the first thing I tried. lol. Anyways, I was able to replicate it. It appears if I set it to boot off USB and put a stick in there it will happen. If I don't set it to boot from the USB but use F9 to select boot, it will start to boot but then either the computer will restart or it will freeze with the Caps Lock light blinking.

EDIT 2a: Oh, I'm able to boot off HDD and ODD with no problem. It's just USB.
find
#7
Sh1t! this nasty side effect is being present in the last whitelist scheme used by manufacturers Sad I must try yo develop another patch to try to avoid it.


In the meanwhile try saving changes in bios whithout exit, and then exit without saving. This worked for some people before not to semi-brick the laptop and have not to remove the cmos battery.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
#8
(08-10-2011, 12:14 PM)camiloml Wrote: Sh1t! this nasty side effect is being present in the last whitelist scheme used by manufacturers Sad I must try yo develop another patch to try to avoid it.


In the meanwhile try saving changes in bios whithout exit, and then exit without saving. This worked for some people before not to semi-brick the laptop and have not to remove the cmos battery.

Ugh. Unfortunately I'm unable to Save without Exiting in the BIOS.

I noticed when I tried going back to the old BIOS, I still can't boot from USB now. Undecided However, the good news is it won't semi-brick it anymore. lol.
find
#9
This bioses had that side effect on some machines.

Just flash your original bios, configure bios setup to your need and then flash the modded one. After that don't enter bios setup anymore or you can get semibrick, easily repaired by removing CMOS battery for a minute.


BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)