Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424141
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3555
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 215
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 162
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223769
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119098
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6739
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 352
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309509
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61904
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 565
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20217
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169143
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6262
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 767
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5736
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61111
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274947

[Removed] HP DV6-6177LA F.20 sp54025 whitelist removal request
#1
Hello,
I want to change my wireless card, but this whitelist doesn't allow me. Can you please help me? Smile

Laptop: HP DV6-6177LA
BIOS: Insyde F.20
OS: Win7 64
Link: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp54001-54500/sp54025.exe

Thanks!
find
#2
Uploading now file for you, this kind of bios have a warning, it's RSA signed, so there's risk to semibrick your laptop if you enter bios setup once flashed.

So configure your bios setup using original bios, then flash this one to use another wifi card. If you want to change any setting after that you must flash original again.

Look for file in second HERE of my signature.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
#3
Worked like a charm, thanks! Also i'm able to enter the BIOS setup and make changes, i changed some settings and i'm not bricked Smile
(I made a BIOS reset just after the flash process finished)
find
#4
(08-30-2011, 05:49 AM)camiloml Wrote: Uploading now file for you, this kind of bios have a warning, it's RSA signed, so there's risk to semibrick your laptop if you enter bios setup once flashed.

So configure your bios setup using original bios, then flash this one to use another wifi card. If you want to change any setting after that you must flash original again.

Look for file in second HERE of my signature.

Hey, thanks for the great work you're doing for all the people around here! I've done some bios modding myself, namely modding the module that hold the vbios of the laptop, and changing the default clock speeds. Trying to flash the modded bios brings up the complaint about the signature no longer matching the bios file.

Now after some examination, it looks like you modded the iscflash.dll file. Now I don't have a lot of experience with Assembly, but I'm wondering how difficult it was to allow the program to flash bioses who's signature no longer match. Ofcourse I can just use the file you modded, but I would really like to learn, to be able to mod those files as well.

It would be great if you could explain it to me, if it's easy enough to explain, or to give me some stuff I should read up on, to be able to do those kind of mods myself. Thank you very much in advance!

Musho
find
#5
Just disassemble the file and patch the checks. IDA is your friend in this Wink

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
#6
(08-30-2011, 02:54 PM)kr105 Wrote: Worked like a charm, thanks! Also i'm able to enter the BIOS setup and make changes, i changed some settings and i'm not bricked Smile
(I made a BIOS reset just after the flash process finished)

kr105 I was wondering if you were able to purchase another wifi card by now and try out the bios completly. I have a DV6-6135dx it uses the same bios that you have asked for. I want to get the Killer N 1102 from amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/BigFoot-Networks-KillerN-1102-Wireless-Card/dp/B005CEQED6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1315420687&sr=8-1

Just curious. I have bricked computers before playing with the bois and well I don't want to brick my new one. So any thoughts on how well this is working out for you with out the whitelist?

Tazzboo
find
#7
Hi,

I just tried to flash this into a dv6-6140us as sp54025 is the current bios (f.20) for for this model. I am currently running sp54025 f.20 on my laptop now. After rebooting and clicking flash it says flash failed. Am I doing something wrong?
find
#8
Read the stickys (aka important) threads in the whitelist removal requests forum.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)