Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424132
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3554
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 214
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 162
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223746
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119095
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6738
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 351
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309501
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61903
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 564
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20216
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169141
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6261
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 766
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5735
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61106
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274947

[Removed] HP Envy 15 Beats-1100 WLAN whitelist removal request
#1
Hello I was wondering if some one could take a crack at modding my whitelist, I tried by myself but I'm not competent enough for this manipulation.
I would be really greatful if some expert could do it. When I put the new wifi card (intel 6300) I have this message : error 104: unsupported wireless card

-Manufacturer: HP
-Product Number: Envy 15-1100 Beats
-Motherboard Model / System Board ID: ????
-Bios revision: F. 2B
-Bios Type: Insyde

I would like to replace my intel 5100 with the intel 6300

bios link
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp50501-51000/sp50600.exe

find
#2
-Manufacturer: HP
-Model: HP ENVY 15 / ENVY 15 Beats Edition premium series notebooks
-Bios revision: F.2B A (20 Oct 2010)
-Bios Type: Insyde
-Bios Download Link: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp50501-51000/sp50600.exe
-Tool: Phoenix Mod Tool 1.72
-Method: Dynamic no Slic
-BIOS file: 147D.fd, 7009.fd
-Modifier: TTAV134

WLAN whitelist "removed"

HP ENVY_15_sp50600_F2B_no_whitelist_V2.zip


FLASH BIOS IN WINDOWS using InsydeFlash.exe
find
#3
(01-25-2011, 10:58 PM)TTAV134 Wrote: -Manufacturer: HP
-Model: HP ENVY 15 / ENVY 15 Beats Edition premium series notebooks
-Bios revision: F.2B A (20 Oct 2010)
-Bios Type: Insyde
-Bios Download Link: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp50501-51000/sp50600.exe
-Tool: Phoenix Mod Tool 1.72
-Method: Dynamic no Slic
-BIOS file: 147D.fd, 7009.fd
-Modifier: TTAV134

WLAN whitelist "removed"

HP ENVY_15_sp50600_F2B_no_whitelist.zip


FLASH BIOS IN WINDOWS using InsydeFlash.exe

Hi thank you for the mod, but it seems there is a problem.
My native wifi card, and even the new one are not working, i have not the 104 error anymore but I still have this message when I plug the new wifi card : "system halted remove device and restart".

and almost the same with the native one :
"ù
system halted remove device and restart"

I can't boot windows with both my wifi cards because they are not recogniazed, but I also can't boot with no wifi cards.
How could I do a bios recovery ? I tried with this method but it doesn't work :

1. Disconnect the AC adapter
2. Remove the battery
3. Insert the USB thumb drive
4. Hold down the keyboard windows key + 'B'
5. Connect the AC adapter
6. Turn on the notebook with the power button
7. When the power comes on, the touch pad LED is amber instead of white*
8. Let go of the keys on the keyboard.
9. After a few seconds the USB thumdrive is accessed by the notebook.
10. The notebook appears to scan the files on the notebook and while doing
so beeps rather loudly. The more files on the thumbdrive, the more beeps
there are.
11. It seems to be looking for something, but not finding it the notebook
appears to recycle and try again.

I also tried to rename the *.fd files trying to find the right name with andy's tools but it says "D.BIN" for the first files and "BIN" for the second one.
find
#4

patch error fixed in release V2
http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=5074&pid=25470#pid25470

for recovery: rename 147D.fd to D.BIN
find
#5
(01-26-2011, 12:01 PM)TTAV134 Wrote: patch error fixed in release V2
http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=5074&pid=25470#pid25470

for recovery: rename 147D.fd to D.BIN

thank you for your help, unfortunately I'm not able to make a recovery bios by renaming 147D.fd to D.BIN. I will try to find another way to do it.
find
#6
I think I'm going to send my laptop back to HP for repair.

One question do you think the fixed release V2 should work fine ? Because I think I won't flash my bios again when HP send my laptop back if I'm not sure of the result.

If someone want to try the fixed release and tell us if it works properly, please let us know Smile
find
#7
yes I'm sure, in first release I've place the patch at the wrong place (one byte shift).

I'm sorry for the inconvenience

regards
find
#8
(01-27-2011, 01:42 AM)TTAV134 Wrote: yes I'm sure, in first release I've place the patch at the wrong place (one byte shift).

I'm sorry for the inconvenience

regards

Hi, I tried your bios V2, and it works very well Smile
find
#9
congratulations.
find
#10
Can i request for a reupload?

I should be able to use this for a HP Envy 15 1150NR right? Since its the same bios. The bios download link is exactly the same.

EDIT: Nevermind. Found another thread for the exact same thing. Anyone looking for it in the future can find it here
find


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)