Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 103
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424438
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3617
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 205
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 304
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224466
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119167
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 273
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6784
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 404
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309706
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61962
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 622
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20275
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169301
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6343
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 823
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5794
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61197

Removing the boot password from an ASUS ROG G532LWS
#1
Hi everyone,

I will try to make things short. I ended up with an ASUS ROG G532LWS , a locked boot and cannot use it at all.
Did a dump of the bios via a SOIC8 clip attached to the  Winbond W25Q80E bios chip and I am having issues figuring out where the password is stored so I can remove it.

I also wanted to see whether I can use the latest BIOS rom from ASUS to extract that 1MB dump section and flash that, but I cannot find this either. I have tried UEFITool and some other tools to no luck.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance. Maybe I could return the favor.


Attached Files
.rom   dump_15022021.rom (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 6)
.zip   factorybios_311.zip (Size: 8.67 MB / Downloads: 5)
find
quote
#2
(02-16-2021, 02:55 PM)bidon Wrote: Did a dump of the bios via a SOIC8 clip attached to the  Winbond W25Q80E bios chip ...
This isn't BIOS chip. Find right one.
Can you boot in Windows?
find
quote
#3
(02-16-2021, 03:46 PM)DeathBringer Wrote:
(02-16-2021, 02:55 PM)bidon Wrote: Did a dump of the bios via a SOIC8 clip attached to the  Winbond W25Q80E bios chip ...
This isn't BIOS chip. Find right one.
Can you boot in Windows?
No, unfortunately. This is weird that you say that, since usually DIP8 chips are holding the BIOS, but I have not been working on these newer laptops up until now. I will look again for something that could be a BIOS chip.
find
quote
#4
(02-16-2021, 03:58 PM)bidon Wrote: I will look again for something that could be a BIOS chip.
Make good photos of its motherboard.
find
quote
#5
(02-16-2021, 04:03 PM)DeathBringer Wrote:
(02-16-2021, 03:58 PM)bidon Wrote: I will look again for something that could be a BIOS chip.
Make good photos of its motherboard.

This is one of the sides. I will dissasemble it further and attach a picture of  the other side later.

https://i.ibb.co/vc3Xd5D/IMG-20210216-230513.jpg
find
quote
#6
Make a photo without a heatsink.
find
quote
#7
(02-16-2021, 04:18 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Make a photo without a heatsink.

Will do, but meanwhile here is the other side:


https://i.ibb.co/gPZ3tx0/IMG-20210216-234209.jpg

This is the chip I originally read from: 

https://i.ibb.co/R4GGSh9/WIN-20210216-23-38-37-Pro.jpg

This is what I found on the other side:


https://i.ibb.co/X5Vq6FT/WIN-20210216-23-34-12-Pro.jpg
find
quote
#8
So I think I got a proper dump of the second chip. Diffed two dumps and were identical. I loaded that into UEFITool, but still little made sense. I would appreciate if someone could assist?


Attached Files
.zip   dump_15022021_main.zip (Size: 8.91 MB / Downloads: 9)
find
quote
#9
OK. Read PM.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)