Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14000
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424467
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3620
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 285
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 206
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 307
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224539
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119172
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 274
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6789
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 408
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309727
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61965
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 624
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20279
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169323
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6352
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 827
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5797

[Request] Acer 5740g Microcode update
#1
help me to add support for processor Acer Aspire 5740g
now worth 330m i3 want to put i7 820 qm since got almost free
I apologize for any grammatical errors as the Ukrainian is my native language and writing through an interpreter Google

BIOS attach

Sincerely, Alexander


Attached Files
.zip   BIOS_Acer_1.28_A_A.zip (Size: 9.56 MB / Downloads: 15)
find
quote
#2
Hello,
I'm wanting to upgrade my processor from an i3 330m (CPUID 20652) to a i7 620m (CPUID 20652) or i5 580M (CPUID 20655)
but I am unsure if the BIOS is already equipped with the needed microcode.
I am using this already modified BIOS for unhidden menus and GPU overclock.
Is it possible to have the latest microcode for 20652 and 20655? (seems it may be a tight fit)
and this will allow me to use all 3, correct? 

Also could the process be explained to me? CBROM195 hangs upon processing and I failed at hex editing (a million errors upon attempting DOS flashing, so I aborted before the flash) I would love to be able to help others.

On a side note there seems to be duplicate microcode entries in the original unmodified BIOS, is this normal?

Original BIOS 
Modded BIOS (menu unlock + GPU overclock)

Any help is greatly appreciated !
find
quote
#3
It's Phoenix BIOS, not Award.
It already has microcode for CPUID=0x20652 & 0x20655.
I think this laptop can boot all CPU for Socket G1 with Arrandale core.
find
quote
#4
(01-18-2018, 05:23 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: It's Phoenix BIOS, not Award.
It already has microcode for CPUID=0x20652 & 0x20655.
I think this laptop can boot all CPU for Socket G1 with Arrandale core.

I know it is a Phoenix, I was under the impression CBROM could do both.
Could it still be updated?
Users have stated in this thread that , for example the i5-540M causes an error upon boot and F11 key press is required to continue and features possibly disabled.
There is a mod here but it does not have the OC on the GPU and the upload is expired.

Thank you for your time  Smile
find
quote
#5
I don't make pure theoretical mods.
find
quote
#6
(01-18-2018, 05:56 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: I don't make pure theoretical mods.

20652 is outdated, 
could you simply update this one? or brief procedure/tools so I can do so?
I ask only because I researched before I make a purchase and I seen a few problems.
20655 is up to date I made a mistake sorry 

Thanks for your help.
find
quote
#7
(01-18-2018, 06:14 AM)zacnut Wrote: could you simply update this one?
I'm not interested in that. You haven't new CPU.
(01-18-2018, 06:14 AM)zacnut Wrote: or brief procedure/tools so I can do so?
I'm not a tutor.
find
quote
#8
I will buy the CPU and come back if I have a problem. I'm sure if there is it can be fixed.

Thanks heaps for all your help..!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)