Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow @ Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Request] Alienware 17 R2 bios unlock
If you have decent computer or electronics shop around you then you can probably find, they use these programmers in TV/Video repairs too, there is many different flash programmer kits, it doesn't have to be the exact one. If you know some shops to check, just ask if they have flash programmers for 25xxx roms.

What ebay link is dead? The links I gave above? Those are good, I checked them just now (Maybe blocked in your country?)
You can just search ebay, you need CH341A + SOIC8 test clip with cable (make sure it's with cable and not just showing cable in image (Some sellers!!!)
But yes, what you linked is same items all at once (+2 items you don't really need), wow though ₹492? How much is that in USD

So, no EC or GbE, that's possibly expected. Can you try to dump the ME from DOS Instead, make DOS bootable USB and then copy all contents from the DOS FPT folder to the root of the USB >> FPT.exe -me -d me.bin
find
(06-12-2019, 12:03 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: If you have decent computer or electronics shop around you then you can probably find, they use these programmers in TV/Video repairs too, there is many different flash programmer kits, it doesn't have to be the exact one.  If you know some shops to check, just ask if they have flash programmers for 25xxx roms.

What ebay link is dead?  The links I gave above?  Those are good, I checked them just now (Maybe blocked in your country?)
You can just search ebay, you need CH341A + SOIC8 test clip with cable (make sure it's with cable and not just showing cable in image (Some sellers!!!)
But yes, what you linked is same items all at once (+2 items you don't really need), wow though ₹492?  How much is that in USD

So, no EC or GbE, that's possibly expected.  Can you try to dump the ME from DOS Instead, make DOS bootable USB and then copy all contents from the DOS FPT folder to the root of the USB >> FPT.exe -me -d me.bin

Alright. sorry i just came back from work, Yes those around 7-9 dollars total kit.. Yes ebay somelinks doesnt work, even with VPN... ill try to make bootableDOS with those Intel System Tools Copied Inside, will update you in a while..
find
(06-12-2019, 12:03 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: If you have decent computer or electronics shop around you then you can probably find, they use these programmers in TV/Video repairs too, there is many different flash programmer kits, it doesn't have to be the exact one.  If you know some shops to check, just ask if they have flash programmers for 25xxx roms.

What ebay link is dead?  The links I gave above?  Those are good, I checked them just now (Maybe blocked in your country?)
But yes, what you linked is same items all at once (+2 items you don't really need), wow though ₹492?  How much is that in USD

So, no EC or GbE, that's possibly expected.  Can you try to dump the ME from DOS Instead, make DOS bootable USB and then copy all contents from the DOS FPT folder to the root of the USB >> FPT.exe -me -d me.bin

Error 318: The host CPU does not have read access to the target flash area. To enable read access for this operation you must modify the descriptor settings to give host access to this region.

FPT Operation Failed. 

even when i tried on bootable dos.. it shows the same error, my intel me firmware version, BTW i have purchased this "CH341A 24 25 Series EEPROM Flash BIOS USB Programmer + SOIC8 SOP8 Clip Adapter Module" it will take 1 - 2 weeks..

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

find
Must be they blocked India or whatever you choose in VPN, or blocked VPN somehow? You can search those items on ebay.in or whatever your ebay url is, MANY sellers offer those same items, or you can get at the place you linked too - all same Big Grin

Bootable DOS is the only DOS, so that is what I meant Big Grin Guess we have to wait on programmer.

If this is not your main system, and you don't care if it's bricked for a little bit while you wait on delivery of programmer, we can maybe try edit now if you want (and if we can get around error)
If you want to do that, please try to write back the biosreg.bin file >> FPTw.exe -bios -f biosreg.bin
Show me image of what error that gives you.
find
(06-12-2019, 12:56 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Must be they blocked India or whatever you choose in VPN, or blocked VPN somehow?  You can search those items on ebay.in or whatever your ebay url is, MANY sellers offer those same items, or you can get at the place you linked too - all same Big Grin

Bootable DOS is the only DOS, so that is what I meant Big Grin  Guess we have to wait on programmer.  

If this is not your main system, and you don't care if it's bricked for a little bit while you wait on delivery of programmer, we can maybe try edit now if you want (and if we can get around error)
If you want to do that, please try to write back the biosreg.bin file >> FPTw.exe -bios -f biosreg.bin
Show me image of what error that gives you.

i have ordered, its on the way, will update you once i get the flasher.. yes im using this system for my graphic design works currently.. and thank you so much for the patience.. ill msg once i have the tool inhand..
find
OK, I doubt we'll have any luck, but we can try and see once you have programmer and have made valid and confirmed proper BIOS backups.
find