Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 293
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55284
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Yesterday 06:16 PM
» Replies: 138
» Views: 40944
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64120
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4094
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6556
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Last Post: drradkin
Yesterday 12:30 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2501
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 137
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 84
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52166
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167075
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 230
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
Last Post: Dudu2002
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 322
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 134
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 118
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6328
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 135
[REQUEST] Lenovo G710 BIOS Whitelist Rem...
Last Post: si1975
03-25-2024 01:28 PM
» Replies: 468
» Views: 125398
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: TalKaz
03-25-2024 11:10 AM
» Replies: 844
» Views: 317019
[REQUEST] Toshiba Satellite A300D PSAK0C...
Last Post: 1000palladium
03-25-2024 10:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 227

[Request] Alienware 17 R2 bios unlock
(08-01-2019, 12:21 PM)antreask Wrote:
(08-01-2019, 09:09 AM)fbcanedo Wrote:
(07-31-2019, 05:28 PM)antreask Wrote:
(07-31-2019, 11:19 AM)fbcanedo Wrote: Hello, I have a 17 r2 alienware. Upgrading a BIOS no longer turns on, already removes the bios chip and discards and does not use, tried the process of connecting with the "end" button and also did not work.
I have the original BIOS backup.

if anyone can help me
thank you

Hello,

I'm not sure that I completely understood your situation, nevertheless, if your BIOS chip is in working condition, you can try once more to use the following procedure:

1. Do a bootblock recovery to flash the proper rom.

2. If you have access to another machine, format a USB stick to FAT32.

3. Run AW15A05.EXE /writehdrfile. (Or whatever version you used BEFORE you bricked, as usually the bootblock isn't updated, but with some BIOS updates, it can be, so your more safe to use the same version you had on the machine BEFORE it bricked from improper flash.)

4. Now take this HDR file and rename it to AAP10.hdr. Put it on the root of the USB.

5. Now make a copy of this file and rename it AMIBOOT.ROM (all caps) so now there's 2 files on the USB key, AMIBOOT.ROM and AAP10.hdr. (Unconfirmed if uses old AMIBOOT.ROM or the new filename I found.. New aptio platform we haven't really played with yet, so lets use both..)

6. Now here's the fun part, you need the technical guide from dell and disconnect your MAIN battery, not the CMOS battery.. And unplug the PSU..

7. Now, insert your USB stick, hold down END key, plug PSU back in with battery removed.

8. It should turn on and after 5-10 mins, you should see USB activity.. Wait the FULL 10 mins. (Or until it shuts off on its own). Some have reported it took 2 mins when we were testing.

9. After this, try to shut it down using POWER if it didn't on its own, but it should. Then turn it back on.. You should be back on your system.

You don't need to flash again after, as this recovery will flash the complete ROM.. And don't' forget to reconnect your battery..

However, this time add in your usb the .sys file generated when you execute the command "writetohdr" in the command prompt. Moreover, put the executable e.g. AW15A05.exe in the usb as well, and copy this file (AW15A05.exe) and rename it to BOOT_IMG.rcv.

To summarize in your usb you should have:
1. AAP10.hdr
2. AMIBOOT.ROM
3. xxxx.sys (I don't remember the name of the output file)
4. The executable e.g AW15A10.exe
5. BOOT_IMG.rcv

And then plug the usb, press the end key and plug the psu cable (as you did before). I tried this and it worked. Let me know.

Cheers

I could not get the sys file.
I did without it and it did not work, the led of my flash drive does not show reading

sorry for the translation, because I'm brazilian and I'm using google translator

Hello again,

Sorry to hear that. I've uploaded the files I used. Click on this link and you can download them.

https://ucy-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/pers...g?e=OmG5eE

Did you unplug the the battery cable?

[Image: img_aw_echomlk_batterycable_mr_v1.JPG]

Sorry I am asking, I don't know your background.

Let me know.
Cheers.

Hi

yes i removed the battery cable

with your files was 10 min and did not work, the pendrive not the sign of life

if I take the dell hdr file and do not change the name, it does the process in 2 min and hangs up on power up the same thing.
find
(08-01-2019, 12:43 PM)fbcanedo Wrote:
(07-31-2019, 05:28 PM)antreask Wrote:
(07-31-2019, 11:19 AM)fbcanedo Wrote: Hello, I have a 17 r2 alienware. Upgrading a BIOS no longer turns on, already removes the bios chip and discards and does not use, tried the process of connecting with the "end" button and also did not work.
I have the original BIOS backup.

if anyone can help me
thank you

Hello,

I'm not sure that I completely understood your situation, nevertheless, if your BIOS chip is in working condition, you can try once more to use the following procedure:

3. Run AW15A05.EXE /writehdrfile. (Or whatever version you used BEFORE you bricked, as usually the bootblock isn't updated, but with some BIOS updates, it can be, so your more safe to use the same version you had on the machine BEFORE it bricked from improper flash.)

4. Now take this HDR file and rename it to AAP10.hdr. Put it on the root of the USB.

5. Now make a copy of this file and rename it AMIBOOT.ROM (all caps) so now there's 2 files on the USB key, AMIBOOT.ROM and AAP10.hdr. (Unconfirmed if uses old AMIBOOT.ROM or the new filename I found.. New aptio platform we haven't really played with yet, so lets use both..)

6. Now here's the fun part, you need the technical guide from dell and disconnect your MAIN battery, not the CMOS battery.. And unplug the PSU..

7. Now, insert your USB stick, hold down END key, plug PSU back in with battery removed.

8. It should turn on and after 5-10 mins, you should see USB activity.. Wait the FULL 10 mins. (Or until it shuts off on its own). Some have reported it took 2 mins when we were testing.

9. After this, try to shut it down using POWER if it didn't on its own, but it should. Then turn it back on.. You should be back on your system.

You don't need to flash again after, as this recovery will flash the complete ROM.. And don't' forget to reconnect your battery..

However, this time add in your usb the .sys file generated when you execute the command "writetohdr" in the command prompt. Moreover, put the executable e.g. AW15A05.exe in the usb as well, and copy this file (AW15A05.exe) and rename it to BOOT_IMG.rcv.

1. AAP10.hdr
2. AMIBOOT.ROM
5. BOOT_IMG.rcv

And then plug the usb, press the end key and plug the psu cable (as you did before). I tried this and it worked. Let me know.

Cheers

I did without it and it did not work, the led of my flash drive does not show reading

sorry for the translation, because I'm brazilian and I'm using google translator

Hello again,

Sorry to hear that. I've uploaded the files I used. Click on this link and you can download them.

Let me know.
Cheers.

Hi

if I take the dell hdr file and do not change the name, it does the process in 2 min and hangs up on power up the same thing.

I don't know,mine took just 30 seconds. Have you removed the bios chip from the motherboard?
find
(08-01-2019, 12:47 PM)antreask Wrote:
(08-01-2019, 12:43 PM)fbcanedo Wrote:
(07-31-2019, 05:28 PM)antreask Wrote: Hello,

1. AAP10.hdr
2. AMIBOOT.ROM
5. BOOT_IMG.rcv

Cheers

Hello again,

Let me know.
Cheers.

Hi

I don't know,mine took just 30 seconds. Have you removed the bios chip from the motherboard?
Yes, I tried to record the newest bios of the dell site by the label but it didn't work. just lights the keyboard and restarts.

I returned the backup that made and returned to this original. restart 3 times and 7 beeps
find
Mine was not beeping.. Check this out

https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/1779...at+startup
find
(08-01-2019, 01:05 PM)antreask Wrote: Mine was not beeping.. Check this out

https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/1779...at+startup
I already did, and it didn't work.
find
Hello all,

Is it possible to unlock the bios of the 17 R2 and change the TDP limit?

Cheers
find
(05-19-2019, 02:16 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: RAID is enabled on this system by default, once you load optimal defaults, however the Individual options for RAID0-10 are disabled.  

So yes, it can be enabled  Send me a dump of your BIOS region via FPT - Check BIOS main page and see if ME FW version is shown, if not then download HWINFO64 and on the large window on left side, expand motherboard and find ME area, inside that get the ME Firmware version.  Once you have that, go to this thread and in the section "C" download the matching ME System Tools Package (ie if ME FW version = 10.x get V10 package, if 9.0-9.1 get V9.1 package, if 9.5 or above get V9.5 package etc)
https://www.win-raid.com/t596f39-Intel-Management-Engine-Drivers-Firmware-amp-System-Tools.html

Once downloaded, inside you will find Flash Programming Tool folder, and inside that a Windows or Win/Win32 folder.  Select that Win folder, hold shift and press right click, choose open command window here (Not power shell).  At the command prompt type the following command and send me the created file to modify >> FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin

If you are stuck on Win10 and cannot easily get command prompt, and method I mentioned above does not work for you, here is some links that should help
Or, copy all contents from the Flash Programming Tool \ DOS folder to the root of a USB Bootable disk and do the dump from DOS (FPT.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin)
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-add-c...ors-update
https://www.windowscentral.com/add-open-...windows-10
https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/open-...privileges

Hi

Could you unlock the bios of my AW 15 R1? I’d appreciate it

Attached Files
.bin   biosreg.bin (Size: 6 MB / Downloads: 14)
find
(09-17-2019, 06:27 PM)lelelula Wrote:
(05-19-2019, 02:16 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: RAID is enabled on this system by default, once you load optimal defaults, however the Individual options for RAID0-10 are disabled.  

So yes, it can be enabled  Send me a dump of your BIOS region via FPT - Check BIOS main page and see if ME FW version is shown, if not then download HWINFO64 and on the large window on left side, expand motherboard and find ME area, inside that get the ME Firmware version.  Once you have that, go to this thread and in the section "C" download the matching ME System Tools Package (ie if ME FW version = 10.x get V10 package, if 9.0-9.1 get V9.1 package, if 9.5 or above get V9.5 package etc)
https://www.win-raid.com/t596f39-Intel-Management-Engine-Drivers-Firmware-amp-System-Tools.html

Once downloaded, inside you will find Flash Programming Tool folder, and inside that a Windows or Win/Win32 folder.  Select that Win folder, hold shift and press right click, choose open command window here (Not power shell).  At the command prompt type the following command and send me the created file to modify >> FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin

If you are stuck on Win10 and cannot easily get command prompt, and method I mentioned above does not work for you, here is some links that should help
Or, copy all contents from the Flash Programming Tool \ DOS folder to the root of a USB Bootable disk and do the dump from DOS (FPT.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin)
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-add-c...ors-update
https://www.windowscentral.com/add-open-...windows-10
https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/open-...privileges

Hi

Could you unlock the bios of my AW 15 R1? I’d appreciate it

Hi~~
Try my mod and give me an feedback.
http://www.4file.net/ku57fhc0idar/15R1_muk.rar.html

find
Hi was wondering if anyone could help me unlock my bios.  I have the 17 r2 with the i7 4980 HQ and 980m but currently using the amplifier running a 1080 if that affects anything.
find
OMG I was about to kill my 17r2 LOL an unlocked bios how awesome is this PLEASE PLEASE can you unlock mine for me .

i will very grateful ,

or a how to guide would be so useful i doubt im the the only 17 r2 user out that would find this so helpful

thank you 

Out of interest I flashed one of the modded bios .
It has worked with no I'll effects . Apart from the service tag has changed . 
Like said my 17 r2 is EOL anyway so happy to do testing

Attached Files
.bin   biosreg.bin (Size: 6 MB / Downloads: 10)
find