Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424133
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3554
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 214
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 162
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223753
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119096
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6738
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 351
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309503
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61903
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 564
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20216
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169142
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6261
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 766
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5735
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61107
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274947

[Request] BIOS Dump/Backup of Lenovo T500 or W500
#1
I have a T500 laptop, and messed up the stock Lenovo BIOS (updated it without updating the EC) and ended up breaking keyboard input which made the entire laptop unusable (couldn't boot any device). Managed to flash Coreboot and now the laptop is usable, but I'd really like to return to the Lenovo BIOS in order to update my EC.

My EC is at version 1.01 (oldest version). I'm pretty sure my laptop is a 7V model (not 6F). Looking at the BIOS update notes from Lenovo, the last BIOS version to support that EC is 2.16-1.01 (BIOS ID 7VET66WW and ECP ID 7VHT12WW), which can be downloaded here. Once extracted however, it provides two relevant files in the 7V folder, $01B8100.FL1 (2.4MB) and $01B8100.FL2 (4.2MB), but neither file reads as a proper BIOS image according to ifdtool, and I'm unsure if I could just flash either of them.

I'd like to flash a T500 or W500 BIOS dump from another laptop in hopes it will allow me to use Lenovo's BIOS update CD to update the EC. After that, I'll go back to Coreboot and be content.

I'd be interested in any dump from a T500 or W500, but here is my specific laptop info if it'll at all be useful:
  • The dump can come from any dump tool (Intel Flash Programming Tool, flashrom, SPI)
  • T500 (no ATI graphics; it seems the W500 uses the same BIOS)
  • 7Vxxxxxx-based (pretty confident in this; unsure what the difference is between that and the 6Fxxxxxx-based laptops)
  • 4MB MX25L3205D BIOS chip (it's definitely 4MB, but apparently this is rare and the usual chip in T/W500 is 8MB or 16MB; I'm thinking either it'll dump only 4MB from those chips, or I can remove extra padding to make it fit in 4MB)
Here is an archive containing the above last Lenovo BIOS update archive with the two FL files, and a dump of my T500 chip for reference: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QL13Jp...gLep4G3Gow

[Image: 820LcDeSURqbEMgv.jpg]
find
quote
#2
I can open both of the 4155KB files in Phoenix BIOS Editor (Not PhoenixTool), but both look very sparse settings-wise and in hex both of the files are probably 75% or more blank (FF). Your "BAD" BIOS opens and looks similar in both Phoenix BIOS Editor and hex (Bit different here, since your dump is actual complete BIOS and contains ME region and other regions not present in the flash files.) But your BIOS also has more options that the flash files, in the BIOS tool so the downloaded files from exe must only be partial flash files.

Here is four dumps from T500, well I guess many are not dumps Sad One Whitelist removed, I think this is modified flash package, similar files inside but different sizes + T500/W500m (8MB IMG file) and a second W500 dump (Also 8MB IMG), and one actual T500.bin dump but it's only 1KB?? Probably not useful, especially that last one, but posting for you in case they help for now, I will look more for a 4MB dump later when I have more time
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...9629076245

Hope they help, I'm unable to see BIOS version (not sure where to look)
If you need me to find BIOS version, tell me your BAD BIOS version and maybe I can find in there, then it will help me locate in the dumps too.
find
quote
#3
Hello, do you still have those bios dumps? I need one for my w500 since the 3 backups that I made got corrupted. Best regards
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)