Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 91
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424388
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3609
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 272
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 201
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 299
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224402
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119161
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 270
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6779
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 398
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309686
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61956
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 617
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20269
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169255
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6339
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 818
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5786
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61190

[Request] BIOS Unlock for Asus ROG GL553VE
#11
Yes, thanks! I'll work on this and get back with you soon, hopefully I can unlock things for you, but no promises Sad Big Grin
find
quote
#12
This file looks "Off" (Has some issues compared to a stock BIOS) can you please dump again using this instead so I can see if it varies or not
FPTw.exe -d biosrdump.bin

What BIOS version are you on, so I can compare to that stock BIOS too, as of now I only checked against 307

And, from within the BIOS, can you save a BIOS? If yes, save BIOS to USB and send a copy of that in same zip too, thanks
find
quote
#13
I have some kind of problem with the new command.
 And can you explain how can I save BIOS to USB .

Here is a link from the last BIOS.
link


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#14
Sorry, I assumed it would dump only the unlocked regions, it's OK, forget about that dump.

From BIOS you should be able to save a backup copy from the exit page I thought, but maybe not. You may need to install Asus AI Suite, or I can help you dump using AFU, but I've got to run for now so if you can't find and figure out AFU Dump I will help you tonight when I get back.

I don't need a Asus link, I need to know what BIOS you are using now (Check with CPU-z)

Here is AFU Download
https://ami.com/en/download-license-agre...tility.zip
find
quote
#15
And I open afu>afuwin>64 ?
And then ?
find
quote
#16
I think I've done something. I opened the app that I said last time and I pressed the Save button. And that's what i got.


Attached Files
.zip   AMI GL553VE-307 backup.zip (Size: 3.57 MB / Downloads: 14)
find
quote
#17
Yes, thanks, sorry I didn't have time to explain. I will check this out tonight when I get home
find
quote
#18
Thanks again for the second backup, this one also has similar error. Can you please reflash BIOS to latest BIOS if you are not using already, then send me FPT backup again. After you flash, clear CMOS, and then load optimal defaults again.
find
quote
#19
I updated the BIOS and I have some problems with running widows. Here is a new dump.


Attached Files
.zip   afuwin_GL553VE.zip (Size: 3.57 MB / Downloads: 22)
find
quote
#20
Problems with running windows? What do you mean? Did you set your SATA settings back to same as before? Probably AHCI needs set instead of IDE. You can flash back to other older version again now if you want, but be sure to load optimal settings once done, and then reset your SATA Settings again too.

Well, this backup has same issue Sad I will have to see about correcting, stock BIOS does not contain this problem (It's NVRAM Stored outside NVRAM area, duplicated MANY times, and with incorrect Volume revision values). Before I do anything I will find some other dumps from this same laptop and compare, maybe this is normal, but it shouldn't be!

*Edit - I compared to two different dumps from other same systems, they do not have this issue, so normally I would not feel comfortable editing this BIOS, but we can test a write back of your current backup and if all is OK then it should be fine. If you want to test that please use FPT and write back one of your FPT backups to the BIOS using the following command

FPTw.exe -bios -f backupbiosname.bin

^^ Change backupbiosname.bin to whatever the file name is that you're using. If that goes OK, without error we should be fine. If there is any error during the process stop and do no proceed, show me image of the error and command entered.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)