Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6416
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14047
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424575
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3659
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 330
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 238
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 348
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224905
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119212
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 302
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6820
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 444
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309843
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62010
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 660
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20321
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169448
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6394
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 867

[Request] Gigabyte Z270X-Gaming 7 BIOS Modification(s)
#1
Hello everyone,

Today I have come with a request, though I feel like this is awkward considering this place seems to mostly only dabble with much older machines and not so much some newer ones (though seeing support for legacy machines is always a great thing to see). I would like to see a BIOS modification of sorts that unlocks the aspects of the motherboard I am using, and if not that, at least some updates to fix bugs and what not since the last BIOS update was back in 2018. This machine is six years old, and I've been trying to make the best of it, make it last, for years to come. I've populated most of the motherboard and it's starting to basically hit the limit, unfortunately I can't use every aspect of the board since Gigabyte designed some aspects of the board to be shared in ways I personally don't like, example, I can't utilize certain PCIe slots without causing some of the SATA connections to basically stop being detected entirely, which sucks in my case because I utilize a bunch of hard disk drives for storage, which means I can't use those certain PCIe slots at all. I also noticed that bandwidth for the PCIe slots is kind of limiting, and the BIOS doesn't provide any options to tweak bandwidth settings. There are other quirks that I deal with, but regardless, I want to make the best out of what I can, the only thing I can do is populate the last two DIMM slots of the motherboard with more RAM. As many have told me to or have suggested, upgrading is one way to fix issues or obtain more options to work with, but throwing this machine to the curb for an upgrade seems rather senseless, it works great (aside from the quirks), not to mention this machine was a gift that my father built for me (it means quite a lot to me). While I do dabble with technology, I'm not an expert in every way imaginable, the BIOS being an area I lack knowledge of, other than knowing that it's sensitive and if mishandled can lead to bricked machines. I do know how to update the BIOS at least since I've done it on numerous occasions with various machines, this one included, but I don't trust myself to modify my own BIOS, so I will instead provide specifications of the machine I have to work with, and the link(s) to the original BIOS itself. The last update to the BIOS was back in 2018 as stated earlier, so I'm sure there's at least updates that can be made that this machine could greatly benefit from if it can't be unlocked.

Based on what Speccy says, my BIOS is that of the American Megatrends Inc. (AMI) type.

Image to prove it:
[Image: 9LhWrun.png]

Original BIOS Download: (I use the latest version of F9e)
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-...rt-dl-bios

Specifications:
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270X-Gaming 7
Processor: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.20GHz
RAM: 16GB (DDR4)

Sorry if this seems really awkward and way out of place of the general premise of the much older machine request threads. I just don't trust myself messing with something like this, especially for a machine I use. I would rather practice on a burner board and learn that way if I had the chance. So I'll leave this here for the more experienced of individuals to tackle if my request is granted. If not, then I will proceed to just continue with what I have and make continue to make it work.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)