Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 91
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424390
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3609
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 272
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 201
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 299
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224417
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119162
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 270
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6779
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 398
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309690
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61956
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 617
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20269
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169256
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6339
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 818
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5786
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61190

[Request] HP Compaq 6000 Pro SFF/786G2 Bios Hack
#1
I have the HP Compaq 6000 Pro SFF and it says it has an Compaq 786G2 BIOS. I'm looking for someone to mod the bios so I can overclock my Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
find
quote
#2
I've looked and looked for my BIOS file. All I could find was an update file from HP:
https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/sel...pc/4024462
find
quote
#3
Alot of the time there is a command you can type with the exe in command prompt for it to dump you the bios rom
find
quote
#4
(07-03-2017, 11:55 AM)Crazily Wrote: Alot of the time there is a command you can type with the exe in command prompt for it to dump you the bios rom

What is the command?
find
quote
#5
System model: hp compaq 6000 pro Mt 
supports both DDR3/DDR2 ram
Bios: 786G2 V02.03
CPU Platform: LGA775 (FC-LGA8)
microcode is:A0E
CPU: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU  E8400  @ 3.00GHz, 3000 Mhz, 2 Core(s)


Hello, I was wondering if i can get some help on unlocking my bios to a point where i can overclock the CPU. I've seen a post or something that doesn't relate to this site that if you were to overclock a retail computer's hardware components, you will need to hack the bios itself, and flash the CMOS. And if I were to do this on the mini tower, what kind of problems would it have in the future?
my goal is to upgrade the CPU's 3.0mhz to at least 3.5mhz or higher; the cpu stock is 3.0mhz.
find
quote
#6
(07-01-2017, 06:30 PM)MarkSkits Wrote: I have the HP Compaq 6000 Pro SFF and it says it has an Compaq 786G2 BIOS. I'm looking for someone to mod the bios so I can overclock my Intel Core 2 Duo E8400

dude, i don't think anyone would want to willing walk you through the steps, or do it for you. I looked for two days straight or even longer, and there's not a single way to do it. But previous Bios, that must be under V7.059 like version v6 X.XX bios, which then you'll be able to Overclock the CPU. The other option would be what you just said, hacking into the bios. And that's just the topping, the worst part would be flashing the CMOS "I THINK", and even doing all that work, it would cause future problems for the board I believe. I already asked what the programs could be, but it could be a broad question which could be chipped down to: you don't wanna know; I'm in the same boat as you are right now. I have no idea how to hack into bios myself, but at least it's an answer that could be right, IDK this is just my OPINION to be honest...
Also, if you do buy a MOBO, don't buy HP or DELL UNLESS you KNOW it can do what you desire, instead of doing this; relying on others.
Again, you could make it into a cluster though and that probably would have some restrictions too it as well....
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)