Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 64
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424269
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3591
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 234
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 190
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 285
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224149
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119143
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6768
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 379
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309602
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61941
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 580
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20234
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169209
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6306
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 781
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5748
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61159

Request HP Compaq CQ1000DE
#1
Hi guys,

I'm done looking. I have an old Compaq CQ1000 DE Desktop PC and just can't install a clean version of Windows. I can't even run any Linux distribution like Ubuntu from a USB drive. I believe there is some restriction to it in the Bios that prevents the installation from any other media than from a "certified" HP backup / recovery disc.
I don't want to deal with this bs. I have a clean, purchased copy of Win10 and want to install, not recover sloppy seconds.

I searched for a few days now. The HP homepage does not offer a download for the BIOS that's installed.
I extracted it with "Universal BIOS Backup Tool" and was able to look into it with "UEFI Tool" and even able to store it as a Aptio ROM and look with MMTool. But now I don't know how to make any sense of what I found or modify anything so I can use it.

I also found that the board is called "Adina" by HP. Here are the specs:
Adina MB specs
It's identified as a "Foxconn 2ACA" in the registry running a AMI 7.07 BIOS
There is no such thing as a 2ACA on the Foxconn homepage.

Apparently it's a derivative from a Foxconn MB, either this one: Foxconn AHD1S
or this one: nT-A3500 Nano PC

I was thinking flashing the BIOS with the available Adina2 Bios flash tool from HP, replacing the "2" BIOS with the one I extracted but of course I'm afraid to brick the whole thing...

So if anyone can and wants to help me, I'd be eternally grateful!

The attachement contains the BIOS as extracted with the BIOS Backup tool.

Thanks a lot in advance!


Attached Files
.rom   AMI-7.07.rom (Size: 2 MB / Downloads: 3)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)