Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
HP 17-BS082ND, anybody ever see this kin...
Last Post: williamrodgers
Today 05:34 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1816
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6428
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14059
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424600
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3666
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 239
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 356
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1225005
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119225
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 306
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6824
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 451
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309866
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62015
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 669
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20331
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169468
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6406

[Request] Phoenix Bios GJ.­07.­18 - HP Vectra 562
#1
Hello everybody.

I own a HP Vectra 500 series Model 562 (D3742A) PC till 1995
It has a HP motherboard with Intel Triton 430FX Chipset.
The motherboard is socket 7 and support Pentium I to 200Mhz
https://arvutimuuseum.ee/th99/m/E-H/35435.htm
It has embedded S3Trio64 video chipset with 1Mo VRAM with optional 2Mb upgrade

some docs : https://www.manualslib.com/manual/274952...tml?page=8

The BIOS limits size of HDD with the embedded intel 82371FB (PIIX) controller.
I want to add a PCI IDE card or a PCI SATA Card.

First, I  tried to install the PCI to SATA card (Ali M5283 chip). But I got a ressource conflict in BIOS even with all other PCI Cards (USB, Matrox Graphics) removed and integrated IDE controller disabled.

[Image: s-l16011.jpg]
I

Next, I tried an Abit Hotrod 100, I bought last Friday.
[Image: raw]
With the Hotrod 100 card, the PC beeps on boot with no message.
BIOS beep codes
I can't see any message from the card's BIOS.

Win98SE detects the card and I've installed the driver. I can use a formatted CF Card on IDE adapter on the IDE port of the Hotrod 100 only with Win98SE.
With DOS, the card is not detected.

I also try to use card with motherboard's IDE controller disabled and the Hotrod does not seems to work.

I think it's BIOS issue but I can't figure what it is. This Phoenix BIOS does not offer a lot of settings to play with.

I suppose the BIOS don't  launch Option ROM.
I don't have any setting about option ROM or PCI Optional ROM scan

I don't have a boot menu like this :
I think the Bootable Add-in card in the missing option.

[Image: bios-setting.jpg]

Thanks for your help.


Attached Files
.zip   GJ0718.zip (Size: 144.46 KB / Downloads: 1)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)